HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined May 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
Some Advice on RC Flying...

As you can all see, this is my first post here on RC Groups.

I am interested in RC flying, and have some experience at my local field, where they fly an assortment of aircraft like gliders, scale electrics, gas war birds and larger gas powered trainers that the guys have modified. I have owned for several months a Cessna 182, which recently crashed due to an issue with CG.

Anyway, the point is that I am not quite a newbie to the hobby, although there’s still quite a lot to learn. For my next aircraft, I am considering spending a considerably larger amount of money on the setup, including the purchase of a DX7S transmitter. I am looking into something that doesn’t move too fast. However, I don’t want something quite as forgiving as the Radian, where it can practically fly itself. Instead, I am more interested in what someone might call a “Hands on type of flyer.”

So far, I have done quite a lot of research into the Radian Pro, which seems like a nice aircraft. I have not finalized this choice, and am still open to suggestions as to what to buy.

P.S. The Spektrum DX7S transmitter comes with the AR8000, which I plan to use instead of the AR600 that comes with the Pro, if I get that aircraft. The 8000 has an extra 2 channels, but is still considerably more expensive on the market. I assume that I should swap these receivers?

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!
RCGoingFPV is offline Find More Posts by RCGoingFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:46 PM
United States, OR, Canby
Joined Aug 2011
2,325 Posts
I wouldn't bother to swap RX, I would save the AR8000 for a more complex plane.
600Bob is offline Find More Posts by 600Bob
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:21 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,711 Posts
I think you are giving the Radian a bit more credit than it deserves. It takes a bit more skill than a beginner. However if you want to go with the Pro then have at it. And I second leaving the AR600 in the plane. Not much point in switching. And it will be nice to have the AR8000 available for something in the future that can use it.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Jun 02, 2012, 06:33 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
just a tip= the Rpro requires a bit of down elevator with throttle as it is a sailplane with a high AOA.
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)