This thread is privately moderated by sonicjet, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 28, 2012, 07:41 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10
this will be a hard one PA Addiction or 3DHS 42" slick
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1587607

Ask that question in that thread but the answer is 3dhs

although its named 3dhs some people do still have and fly other 3d brands.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2012, 04:27 AM
who put that tree there
after searching for a epo me109 in kit form around 950mm i found only a lan-yu me109 but paint scheme was distgusting.
so i managed to strip of old paint and recoated in plastikote paint (sticks verywell).
had a dozen flights on it now flies very well..

thats a flyfly micro mustang if anyones asks..

wrong thread ...bah
Last edited by dazza44; Mar 30, 2012 at 04:36 AM.
May 08, 2012, 04:52 PM
DO A BARREL ROLL!
Hey, I have some extra money and I was wondering of I should get a Jet Set for modding and casual flying when the sun is out.

I've heard both good and bad things about the Jet Sets, and I'm not sure who is right and who is wrong.

Should I spend the $30 on one?
May 08, 2012, 05:29 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbienceFlyer
Hey, I have some extra money and I was wondering of I should get a Jet Set for modding and casual flying when the sun is out.

I've heard both good and bad things about the Jet Sets, and I'm not sure who is right and who is wrong.

Should I spend the $30 on one?
people still fly 30$ air hog planes?
May 09, 2012, 06:38 AM
I do!

The jetsets have very low range and you'd better get an ITC jet or the Airhogs F-18 hornet.
OR you can also order the cool silverlit X-twin jets.(I used to have a F-22)

SS
May 09, 2012, 07:20 AM
Fly low or fly home.
o ok lol
May 10, 2012, 07:48 PM
DO A BARREL ROLL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream4002
I do!

The jetsets have very low range and you'd better get an ITC jet or the Airhogs F-18 hornet.
OR you can also order the cool silverlit X-twin jets.(I used to have a F-22)

SS
I'll take a look, thanks.

I checked out the F22, it looks neat. I've awlays wanted to scratchbuild an electric parkjet like that, but it's probably beyond my skill level and resources...

As if I could squeeze another (full size) airplane next to my Super Cub under my bed anyway. d:
Last edited by AmbienceFlyer; May 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM.
May 15, 2012, 05:54 PM
DO A BARREL ROLL!
Hey, are Estes airplanes any good? I'm considering buying one since the YouTube videos I've seen of them show them going pretty fast and high, and I'm confident that I could fix any flight problems or damage that I have.

I'm considering the Spider Fighter, it looks pretty cool.
May 21, 2012, 04:47 PM
SUPERB RC CRASH MASTER
I highly doubt that the Spider Fighter is hobby quality. You will need twice that money to get a decent plane, i.e. one with replacement parts available for the inevitable 'unplanned-landing's.

And I do suggest the HobbyZone Micro Champ as a great start into the hobby.
May 29, 2012, 04:06 PM
I review RC Products
I am wondering what the next step up after my P-51 would be. I like the idea of the $99 price range, but could go a little higher. I want a fast, fun, and relatively easy to fly plane that I can use my 1S batteries with.

I also have a consistent amount of wind to contend with in the 10-20 mph realm so I am not able to fly my Champ or P-51 as much as I would like. This new plane would offer more flexibility in that regard. I don't have a ton of flying room, so that and the price are why I am drawn to the micros.
Last edited by GBLynden; May 29, 2012 at 06:14 PM.
May 30, 2012, 12:34 AM
How about the parkzone UM spitfire MK IX? It is equipped with AS3X and thus it flies better and can take more wind.

SS
May 30, 2012, 07:21 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
How about the parkzone UM spitfire MK IX? It is equipped with AS3X and thus it flies better and can take more wind.

SS
Thank you for that suggestion. That is what I am strongly considering. My LHS won't have any for at least a month at the soonest though.

Are there any 4-Site owners that can tell me about that plane? It is only $75 and comes with two batteries.

Thank you!
GB
May 31, 2012, 01:40 AM
I really recommend the extra 300 3D if you want to fly 3D. It is much lighter than the 4-site and can punch out of hover throughout the flight and flies better... But if you want it for the guts(make your own 3D plane, etc), the 4-site is a great choice.

SS
Jun 02, 2012, 12:26 PM
Parkstormer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
Thank you for that suggestion. That is what I am strongly considering. My LHS won't have any for at least a month at the soonest though.

Are there any 4-Site owners that can tell me about that plane? It is only $75 and comes with two batteries.

Thank you!
GB
I found the 4-Site to be very fragile and wind-sensitive, so I don't know if I'd recommend it for your purposes . . . For more wind-punching you might want to consider moving up to something like the Carbon Cub, UM Beast or Sbach, even though it means new batteries, or wait for the Spitfire to see how much AS3X helps. I've had most of the other 1s UMs and I don't remember any that were significantly better in the wind than the Champ and P-51.
Jun 02, 2012, 05:53 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
I really recommend the extra 300 3D if you want to fly 3D. It is much lighter than the 4-site and can punch out of hover throughout the flight and flies better... But if you want it for the guts(make your own 3D plane, etc), the 4-site is a great choice.

SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyLee
I found the 4-Site to be very fragile and wind-sensitive, so I don't know if I'd recommend it for your purposes . . . For more wind-punching you might want to consider moving up to something like the Carbon Cub, UM Beast or Sbach, even though it means new batteries, or wait for the Spitfire to see how much AS3X helps. I've had most of the other 1s UMs and I don't remember any that were significantly better in the wind than the Champ and P-51.
Thank you for the feedback guys. I ended up going with the Polecat. It may not be as good of a fit as the Spitfire, but I have a good feeling that I will have a lot of fun with it. I have also been a little more adventurous with the Champ since this post and I am think I am ready for whatever the PC throws my way.....on calmer days with the help of my DX6i.

Quick Reply