SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Thread Tools
Old May 21, 2015, 01:07 PM
HuffDaddy is online now
Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Hobby View Post
The V6 adapter will not work with the V8 spinner or props, and the V8 adapter will not work on your V6 motor.
ok, that's what I was afraid of... so if I pick up the v8 motor\spinner will that motor mount up the v6 motor mount?

-M
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2015, 01:30 PM
HuffDaddy is online now
Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Hey mark ..I just checked on sundancers blog (,very trustworthy) and he says the v7-v8 blades fit as does the spinner ...if using v7-v8 blades in v6 u will need to drill the holes a little wider in order for them to fit the v6 back plate

Check it out more info then u will ever need is here its a p51 pilots dictionary
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1897029

And more info can be gained on the p51 thread here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...16678&page=254
thanks jiggz... ok, I agree, Sandancer's blog is a trustworthy resource which is why I did go through it st the start, looking for some info but haven't found what I was looking for, but I must have missed it, I will revisit it.

sounds like what I needed cant be done, will prob need a v8 motor\spinner etc... just not sure if the v8 motor will mount up to the v6 motor mount yet... if I just need to add new mount holes I will give it a go

-M
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2015, 04:27 PM
jiggz is offline
Find More Posts by jiggz
"its not a hobby its obsession
jiggz's Avatar
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
2,488 Posts
Sorry I just looked back over it and I am mistaken I read it wrong he says the v6 blades can be used in the v7 spinner ..apologies ..

Not sure on the mount ..send him a pm and ask if the v7-v8 spinner can be used ..I'm sure if u got the 540-580 with the v7-v8 adapter u should be able to build the assembly ..and if the mount bolts strait up u will have to check spinner clearance ..

He might b able to help if not ..try searching the p51d thread and check out moonbeam posts he has made diff adaptions ...he fitted a 550kv and was running on 5-6s ..I think ' shirty ' upgraded also ..good luck
Jeff
jiggz is offline Find More Posts by jiggz
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2015, 06:19 PM
HuffDaddy is online now
Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Sorry I just looked back over it and I am mistaken I read it wrong he says the v6 blades can be used in the v7 spinner ..apologies ..

Not sure on the mount ..send him a pm and ask if the v7-v8 spinner can be used ..I'm sure if u got the 540-580 with the v7-v8 adapter u should be able to build the assembly ..and if the mount bolts strait up u will have to check spinner clearance ..

He might b able to help if not ..try searching the p51d thread and check out moonbeam posts he has made diff adaptions ...he fitted a 550kv and was running on 5-6s ..I think ' shirty ' upgraded also ..good luck
Jeff
good idea, will do Jeff, thanks

-Mark
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2015, 07:17 PM
AkumaZeto is online now
Find More Posts by AkumaZeto
Registered User
United States, WI, Eau Claire
Joined Dec 2014
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinefancy View Post
A heads up for FMS that Durafly has just set a new bar on foam finishes with their latest P-40. So smooth and no foam cells are visible. Hope FMS can match the quality of finish on their P-40.

Check it out!
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...514_163342.jpg
When and where is that coming out
AkumaZeto is online now Find More Posts by AkumaZeto
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2015, 07:29 PM
StangBanger is online now
Find More Posts by StangBanger
Registered User
Joined Jan 2015
37 Posts
Truly amazing finish. What we strive for when we fill and sand and fill and sand and fill and sand and...

Not crazy about late P-40s but I am impressed with that model.
StangBanger is online now Find More Posts by StangBanger
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2015, 12:56 AM
turbinefancy is offline
Find More Posts by turbinefancy
wishing for Tomcat...
turbinefancy's Avatar
United States, CA, Irvine
Joined Jun 2009
863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaZeto View Post
When and where is that coming out
July, HK.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...168522&page=63
turbinefancy is offline Find More Posts by turbinefancy
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2015, 07:10 AM
stoopidmonkey is offline
Find More Posts by stoopidmonkey
Flight Risk AMA # 986105
stoopidmonkey's Avatar
United States, UT, Cedar City
Joined Oct 2011
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
thanks jiggz... ok, I agree, Sandancer's blog is a trustworthy resource which is why I did go through it st the start, looking for some info but haven't found what I was looking for, but I must have missed it, I will revisit it.

sounds like what I needed cant be done, will prob need a v8 motor\spinner etc... just not sure if the v8 motor will mount up to the v6 motor mount yet... if I just need to add new mount holes I will give it a go

-M
You should not need the motor unless you want to change it anyway The V8 prop shaft will work on the V6 motor. Yes if you do get the V8 motor it will mount up to the V6 motor mount with out modification. However if you are going to replace the motor why not get the 550Kv motor so you can have the capability of using up to 6s batteries? You will have to change the ESC if you go the 550Kv route.

Here
http://www.motionrc.com/fms-4258-550kv-brushless-motor/
stoopidmonkey is offline Find More Posts by stoopidmonkey
Last edited by stoopidmonkey; May 22, 2015 at 07:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2015, 08:54 AM
FieldofDreamsFlyer is online now
Find More Posts by FieldofDreamsFlyer
Field of Dreams Flyer
FieldofDreamsFlyer's Avatar
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
10,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopidmonkey View Post
You should not need the motor unless you want to change it anyway The V8 prop shaft will work on the V6 motor. Yes if you do get the V8 motor it will mount up to the V6 motor mount with out modification. However if you are going to replace the motor why not get the 550Kv motor so you can have the capability of using up to 6s batteries? You will have to change the ESC if you go the 550Kv route.

Here
http://www.motionrc.com/fms-4258-550kv-brushless-motor/
I think the V6 motor is smaller so the shaft wont fit , but here is other options you can go if you want to use different motors

http://smallpartscnc.com/index.php?r...ry&path=20_115

http://www.customrcparts.com/index.p...&products_id=8
FieldofDreamsFlyer is online now Find More Posts by FieldofDreamsFlyer
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FMS Giant P-47 EPO 1400mm Warbird jbc Electric Warbirds 4047 Apr 20, 2015 02:03 PM
Discussion New SSX Biplane jkarpy Millennium R/C 255 Apr 05, 2015 07:24 AM
New Product FMS GIANT FOAM P-47 Thunderbolt Lexta Electric Warbirds 28 Oct 03, 2010 09:55 AM
Gallery Super giant size warbirds! Wow!! kusunokimasahige Fuel Warbirds 3 Feb 28, 2010 10:10 PM
Cool Giant Scale RC Warbirds In "The Dogfight That Did Happen" At_your_six Fuel Warbirds 2 Sep 28, 2009 01:16 PM