View Poll Results: Would you like to see this new forum created?
Yes 97 90.65%
N0 10 9.35%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Oct 13, 2012, 04:30 PM
Not failing=Not trying enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl
Wait-What? You actually want to post in a thread that you thought was a waste ot space?,difficult to navigate,and would cloud the issue?...Be one more of the
multiple forums covering the same ol' same ol'? A second choice ?

Okay-welcome aboard.We are modeling brothers,all....show us what you got.
Like I said, I don't want it to fail, I just don't think it will be helpful. I hope I'm wrong, for the sake of builders!

And I've attached the current state of this winter's build.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2012, 04:32 PM
Get One Up!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer
So what? That still does not prove that there is a dedicated forum for building models and the fact that you have not provided one single link to any forum here on RCG is evidence enough that one does not exist.

Frank
You are currently posting in at least one forum which is dedicated to building models - the clue is in the name of the forum and the description of the forum.

The Builder's Workshop.

There are also all of the other fora which are dedicated to building and flying models of every type imaginable, categorised by model type.
Oct 13, 2012, 04:47 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer
You are currently posting in at least one forum which is dedicated to building models - the clue is in the name of the forum and the description of the forum.

The Builder's Workshop.

There are also all of the other fora which are dedicated to building and flying models of every type imaginable, categorised by model type.
This is too funny. Clearly this is just recreational arguing and I am not going to play your game anymore. You fail to make your point but yet just keep on and on.

Find someone else to argue with.

Frank
Oct 13, 2012, 04:53 PM
Get One Up!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer
This is too funny. Clearly this is just recreational arguing and I am not going to play your game anymore. You fail to make your point but yet just keep on and on.

Find someone else to argue with.

Frank
I've made my point quite clear. You claim that there were zero fora dedicated to building model aeroplanes, whilst actually posting on one such forum that is even entitled the Builder's Workshop, and with a description that describes exactly that practice.

Your continued refusal to recognise that does not change the facts, neither do snipes about "recreational arguing".
Oct 13, 2012, 04:54 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Quote:
I've made my point quite clear. You claim that there were zero fora dedicated to building model aeroplanes, whilst actually posting on one such forum that is even entitled the Builder's Workshop, and with a description that describes exactly that practice.

Your continued refusal to recognise that does not change the facts, neither do snipes about "recreational arguing".
Sorry not interested. Find someone else to argue with.
Oct 13, 2012, 07:06 PM
wood is good
Feel the love.

It's great that we now have a forum specifically for building in wood, with the intent to encourage and promote new and old builders to build in wood. Hopefully this will lead to easier access to more and better info and resources for all of us. And that naysayers will embrace our new forum with enthusiasm and grace and bring with them an appetite for promoting this craft of building in wood.

It could have been called anything, and could do very well if treated as:

Builders Workshop, Wood...

But the focus should bring success.

Let us celebrate a new beginning.

--LoNslo
Oct 14, 2012, 04:56 AM
Be the duck. Whaaaa?
Just because people put their balsa builds in the forum where the plane would go doesn't mean that there is a dedicated forum for balsa. The builders workshop is for any type of construction not just balsa. What part of "there hasn't been a dedicated balsa forum" is so hard to comprehend? No one has said that there aren't balsa builds, they have said there isn't one place dedicated to them, big difference.
Oct 14, 2012, 05:33 AM
Get One Up!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberZogster
Just because people put their balsa builds in the forum where the plane would go doesn't mean that there is a dedicated forum for balsa. The builders workshop is for any type of construction not just balsa. What part of "there hasn't been a dedicated balsa forum" is so hard to comprehend? No one has said that there aren't balsa builds, they have said there isn't one place dedicated to them, big difference.
The forum structure is chiefly organised by model function, not by construction material, The Builder's Workshop is dedicated to model building. The forum title confirms that.

If the attempt were to be a purist balsa-only forum, dedicated to models built entirely from balsa, then, though it would be a misguided purity of construction material, it would at least have the benefit of being consistent with that claim. However that is not the case at all. The models in the new forum will be built with balsa, liteply, birch ply, spruce, cyparis, piano wire, fibreglass cowls, plastic canopies etc etc etc,

It will not be the purist balsa-only forum which would make the assertion that no dedicated balsa-build forum existed prior to this proposal true. Once one includes all of those other materials- which the proposal does - then The Builder's Workshop already fills that niche.

Folks are free to post in the new forum, and I wish it well, but let's not kid ourselves that it is anything other than a duplication of what already existed in The Builder's Workshop.
Oct 14, 2012, 07:01 AM
Geez what part of the majority wanted this, voted on it and won do you not understand?

There is no more argument needed on your part this is a done deal.

So what are YOU building? Oh nevermind...

Robert
Oct 14, 2012, 07:21 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
-But not to the exclusion of all-balsa construction. We realists understand the only way to build an all-balsa model is to use all-balsa.

However-that means a single piece of wood,since in a purist's mind,glue would be prohibited,correct?
Of course,you could cut slots in a balsa fuselage,and insert the flying surfaces into them,much as the old hand launch/slingshot models of years gone by.

In the broader sense,utilizing COMMON sense,we 97 voters agree that we'll need to use additional materials to complete a successful build.

This was discussed early on in the formation of the guidelines....WE decided what we wanted to include in the framework of the forum,and although it may duplicate what is presented elsewhere,WE weren't happy with how it was displayed.
Duplication cannot be avoided while building model aircraft....there is ALWAYS a carry-over from some other thread...let's embrace them both.
The recourse was to ask for and vote on,a new forum where the guidelines satisfied OUR definition of what was required to help each other to bring an idea to fruition.
A quick look at wehrdo's effort shows imagination,and vision.Yet it will be a traditional build,using balsa as a base.
We look forward to others joining us and working along with us to enjoy model building insights.
Oct 14, 2012, 08:40 AM
Get One Up!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingconsulting
Geez what part of the majority wanted this, voted on it and won do you not understand?

There is no more argument needed on your part this is a done deal.

So what are YOU building? Oh nevermind...

Robert
Again., as I've already said, it's a mistake to make this discussion personal.

FWIW I'm not building anything at the ,moment, and won't be doing so for the next few months at least, for reasons that have nothing to do with modelling. That is completely irrelevant to the point being discussed.
Oct 14, 2012, 08:59 AM
WE are not making it personal. It doesn't matter what point you are trying to discuss as this is already a done deal. Time to accept and move on.

You are not building so why are you even in this horse race? Why did you even show up at the track?

This is my last comment to you. I will ignore anything further.

Robert

Quote:
Again., as I've already said, it's a mistake to make this discussion personal.

FWIW I'm not building anything at the ,moment, and won't be doing so for the next few months at least, for reasons that have nothing to do with modelling. That is completely irrelevant to the point being discussed.
Oct 14, 2012, 09:00 AM
So is there a way to move our existing threads to this new forum once it's up? I have two ACTUAL build threads that I would like to move.

Robert
Oct 14, 2012, 09:11 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
Quote:
So is there a way to move our existing threads to this new forum once it's up? I have two ACTUAL build threads that I would like to move.

Robert
Yes-there will be a new forum Header soon-just go there and start talking..-I can't wait either !
Oct 14, 2012, 11:01 AM
Get One Up!!!
Quote:
WE are not making it personal. It doesn't matter what point you are trying to discuss as this is already a done deal. Time to accept and move on.

You are not building so why are you even in this horse race? Why did you even show up at the track?

This is my last comment to you. I will ignore anything further.

Robert
Note that when using the term "you" in the manner that it has been used above then that, by definition, is making it personal.

Quick Reply