SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:20 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
United States, MI, Eastpointe
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
Distribute AR15s and 1911s and ammo and flak jackets to anyone in there without a criminal record. If I had to live there I'd go for it.
Are you offering ?

LOL I'm always well armed at home, but outside the home it's too easy to earn that criminal record just by getting caught slipping... (yeah, that's still my feelings about it personally, having been carjacked pretty close to the area in question in the past 90 days). Still more afraid of the consequences of slipping up on a law than I am of thugs.

At least youtube will have the video of my car getting wrecked for all time. Wish they hadn't broken that guy's leg though.
D B Cooper is offline Find More Posts by D B Cooper
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:21 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
And the beat goes on.... [referenced in earlier post]
Quote:
Nine people were shot, two of them fatally, when shots were fired at a barbershop Wednesday night in east Detroit, police said.

Police Chief James Craig said was a known gambling location.

Craig said police were seeking two vehicles: a black 2004 Chevrolet Impala and a white 2004 Impala with a broken window and bullet holes in the rear.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...t-detroit?lite
Big Foot 48 is offline Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:24 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D B Cooper View Post
Are you offering ?

LOL I'm always well armed at home, but outside the home it's too easy to earn that criminal record just by getting caught slipping... (yeah, that's still my feelings about it personally, having been carjacked pretty close to the area in question in the past 90 days). Still more afraid of the consequences of slipping up on a law than I am of thugs.

At least youtube will have the video of my car getting wrecked for all time. Wish they hadn't broken that guy's leg though.
I was thinking about you and your "incident" the other day. Did you end up with that other CTS?
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:28 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
I was thinking about you and your "incident" the other day. Did you end up with that other CTS?
I picked up an 05 cts-v RWD, 6 speed stick, and 400 hp go together nicely..... at least until wintertime gets here. That might be just a touch hairy
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:33 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Excellent!
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:35 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
I still have a bad case of 'New Toy Syndrome'
Old Nov 06, 2013, 08:38 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,089 Posts
Quote:
I still have a bad case of 'New Toy Syndrome'
Watch that right foot. They tend to have a mind of their own.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 09:08 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,669 Posts
Quote:
Are you offering ?

I look at gun rights like they are in the Miranda Decision..

1. You have the right to gun.

2. Any gun you wish to use, misuse may land you in court.

3. You have the right to your gun before during and after a crime against you has been committed.

4. If you cannot afford a gun, one will be provided for you free of charge if you want.

5. Do you wish to waive this right?
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2013, 12:18 AM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix2 View Post
what a crappy title for this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNut64 View Post
Agreed.

Is the man conscientious, qualified, focused?

Mentioning the skin color seems a bit stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVsoaring View Post
Why is the newly elected mayor referred to as "white" rhther than "european American"? Conversely, why are people referred to above referred to as "African American" rather than "black" or "negro"??????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????
Several news sites reported the Duggan victory in the exact same manner as I posted.....imagine that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4221656.html

http://www.freep.com/article/2013110...ll-beyond-race

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/dugg...1/05/id/535016

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...r-in-40-years/

http://www.standard.net/stories/2013...mayor-40-years
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Old Nov 07, 2013, 12:35 AM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,669 Posts
I wonder why Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have not gone to Detroit and blame the new mayor for that shooting that had 3 dead and 6 wounded. Where is the outrage?
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2013, 10:42 AM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Thanks it!!! I'm going to watch Black Miss America on BET. The congressional black caucus will be judging it!
Kaw1000 is offline Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Old Nov 07, 2013, 10:44 AM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Quote:
I picked up an 05 cts-v RWD, 6 speed stick, and 400 hp go together nicely..... at least until wintertime gets here. That might be just a touch hairy
Hold on to your wallet when you get repairs on that one!!
Kaw1000 is offline Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Old Nov 07, 2013, 11:38 AM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
Joined Jul 2000
460 Posts

Dude, its not all about you - and I hardly see the "but they did it too!" as a defense.

Sure, that a massively black majority city elected a white mayor is an interesting angle, but it doesn't warrant the headlines IMO. If we want to continue to play the race game, fine, if not, then we should expect better.

Detroit's problems are deeper than bad mayors, and while Kwame certainly poured on the damage, I don't see how Duggan represents much change from mayors like Bing and Archer. The best hope will be if the bankruptcy can finally put a floor under the failed economics of the city - if it doesn't, then the distillation of pain will continue.

I once read that the population of Rome fell from a million down to 40,000 before it started to rise again...
radix2 is offline Find More Posts by radix2
Old Nov 07, 2013, 12:44 PM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radix2 View Post
Dude, its not all about you - and I hardly see the "but they did it too!" as a defense.

Sure, that a massively black majority city elected a white mayor is an interesting angle, but it doesn't warrant the headlines IMO.

How would you have reported the voters choice.?

If we want to continue to play the race game, fine, if not, then we should expect better.

Detroit's problems are deeper than bad mayors, and while Kwame certainly poured on the damage, I don't see how Duggan represents much change from mayors like Bing and Archer. The best hope will be if the bankruptcy can finally put a floor under the failed economics of the city - if it doesn't, then the distillation of pain will continue.

I once read that the population of Rome fell from a million down to 40,000 before it started to rise again...
What race game.?It's a powerful statement that the voters have made.I know most newswriters see this story as significant...as do I.No question the city has major problems..but,when a city that is populated by 80% minorities votes for the white candidate...there is good reason for it.

This isn't a plea of..'well they did it too' it's a valid news story from a city in deep..deep trouble,who has selected a leader based upon his accomplishments.

...and he just happens to be white.
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT