SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:14 AM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBlueDragon View Post
Guys I'm considering the A2 for my new 900mm Hex and have currently been running Naza V2's on my other aircraft.
Is it worth spending the extra money for the A2 or do you think I'm better to spend the same and get the Naza V2 with all the extras like GS, BTU etc?
Also will the A2 work fine with the H3-3D Gimbal?
Thanks.
I don't know much about A2 since I got it just yesterday.
But I use WKM (Wookong) and it does look similar to Naza, has same F1 and F2 only, similar things as Naza v2.. But flight performance and how it handles wind - uncomparable with naza..
Will tell more about A2 then will be installed in place of WKM (hexacopter with NDVI camera for crops), so A2 will take care of camera shooter as needed. Since WKM has only 2 outputs and both are used for gimbal..

By the way, I have question for A2 users.. Anybody checked the range for internal A2 receiver using FASST (with futaba module)?
And how it performs if 2.4ghz datalink with BT is used ?
to many 2.4ghz around, will it cut down the range for everything?

Virgis
Virgis21 is offline Find More Posts by Virgis21
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:37 AM
United States, CT
Joined Dec 2013
94 Posts
All,

Does anyone have documented procedures for setting up Fail Safe with throttle settings on the A2 and Futaba 14sg?

When I did the recent firmware upgrade I too lost all of my settings. Shame on me for not backing up the A2's config file.

Thank you,

Mike
mdenovellis is offline Find More Posts by mdenovellis
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:55 AM
Aerial Vision Systems
Australia, QLD, Loganlea
Joined Feb 2012
784 Posts
Thanks Virgis. Keep us posted how you find the A2. I'm sure it's simply awesome!
I ended up getting a Naza V2 with GS & Can-Hub for a great price so my next FC will be the A2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgis21 View Post
I don't know much about A2 since I got it just yesterday.
But I use WKM (Wookong) and it does look similar to Naza, has same F1 and F2 only, similar things as Naza v2.. But flight performance and how it handles wind - uncomparable with naza..
Will tell more about A2 then will be installed in place of WKM (hexacopter with NDVI camera for crops), so A2 will take care of camera shooter as needed. Since WKM has only 2 outputs and both are used for gimbal..

By the way, I have question for A2 users.. Anybody checked the range for internal A2 receiver using FASST (with futaba module)?
And how it performs if 2.4ghz datalink with BT is used ?
to many 2.4ghz around, will it cut down the range for everything?

Virgis
OzBlueDragon is offline Find More Posts by OzBlueDragon
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:06 AM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,527 Posts
Anybody using A2 with FASST integrated rx and Datalink 2.4ghz? Wondering about the range
Thanks for any input!

Virgis
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:10 AM
United States, CT
Joined Dec 2013
94 Posts
"Anyone, anyone... Bueller, Bueller....."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdenovellis View Post
All,

Does anyone have documented procedures for setting up Fail Safe with throttle settings on the A2 and Futaba 14sg?

When I did the recent firmware upgrade I too lost all of my settings. Shame on me for not backing up the A2's config file.

Thank you,

Mike
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:26 PM
FPV flyer
Kaunas, Lithuania
Joined Oct 2007
1,527 Posts
Mike,

Seems we are the only persons here
Old Nov 21, 2014, 03:22 PM
United States, CT
Joined Dec 2013
94 Posts
Interesting.

One would think with all of the recent firmware activity this forum would be busier?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 04:15 PM
Sweden, Stockholm County, Stockholm
Joined Sep 2013
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdenovellis View Post
Interesting.

One would think with all of the recent firmware activity this forum would be busier?
true, can't find a lot of feedbacks on that? Just did update mine.
fanch72 is online now Find More Posts by fanch72
Old Nov 21, 2014, 05:36 PM
AMA member since May 2013
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined May 2013
1,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanch72 View Post
true, can't find a lot of feedbacks on that? Just did update mine.
I fly an A2 600 Y6, pretty simple setup, SSky 800 kv on 4S and 10 " APC, AUW 2.5 kg.
I loaded the new FW for all components, then loaded the update a few days later, it is up to 2.4 M1
I used screen shots of all my assistant screens so I could reset the parameters. Some have said that exporting the config via the tools menu will work. I prefer to make sure the R/C settings are 100% and a screen shot is has all the data you need.
The setup was easy and testing has been good. I had one of six initializations come online today with zero GPS sats, the LED warnings were clear, the OSD confirmed the problem. Reinitialize and the GPS lock was 12.
I have to re-tune my gains, rudder/yaw is now more responsive, but nothing other than quicker, which should be easy to dial in. All other field tests were as expected and the feel is solid.
I have determined that my system flies a truer course when I rotate the GPS for my magnetic dec, -14. Others are good with their GPS oriented straight off the nose. I tried flying with no rotation for my first series of post-update flights. For me, this causes my ship to fly a few degrees to port and is less stable than when I rotate the puck,. It flies straighter now, dead on the heading , which is how it was prior to the update. I had hoped the update would remove the need for the rotation, so I could be like some others I admire. Back to my old ways, which seem to work well.
I was happy with the A2 characteristics prior to the update, and am happy with them afterwards. I have not had a chance to try out the newer features.
Cheers,
SB
Supreme Balloon is offline Find More Posts by Supreme Balloon
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2014, 07:29 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,315 Posts
When a thread gets quite it normally means that the firmware fixed the issues that they had. If it did not then we would hear about it.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800