HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2013, 01:42 AM
Joined Jul 2009
484 Posts
Another issue, how can anyone tell if a camera equiped aircraft is flown FPV or not? Particularly from the video? We fly 90% of the time w/o FPV but are always recording. Just wondering how these laws are even enforcable unless someone admits it (thus painting a target on themselves).
diakatche is offline Find More Posts by diakatche
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2013, 01:48 AM
Tesla's Workshop
USA, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2004
2,452 Posts
Google IS the NSA...
workshop is offline Find More Posts by workshop
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:09 AM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
I did a privacy panel for the American Bar Association yesterday. I'll put the ppt up on the sUAS News slideshare. The upshot is that your privacy is a fallacy.
patrickegan is offline Find More Posts by patrickegan
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:16 AM
Joined Oct 2012
76 Posts
Hb912

Having been a Texas resident for 60 plus years, I have seen such ignorance many times. It is true that this bill is full of loopholes...in a sane world. But this is Texas and we have Texas judges. Never mind that the Supreme Court has already ruled on "privacy" issues. This is Texas. And when pig blood is dumped into the Trinity River, we do the right thing...we go after the photographer. Cool move, Rep. Gooden.

The "intent to conduct surveillance" is a defendable part of this bill and granted, no prosecutor would waste time on a $500 Class C misdemeanor. But civil is another matter and it carries a possible $10k limit from EACH private entity in one image. Now that is worth pursuing. And how many of those suits can you or I afford to defend? Would we win and be able to counter sue? In a sane world...yes. But not necessarily in Texas.

When the Feds, the State, the military, the police, the oil and gas industry, the universities, and even Goggle can do something and you can't...it is clear who runs what. And it ain't you.

I am mad but I am more disappointed. I am hurt to finally realize that all that "of, by and for the people" stuff has just been a big lie. I liked it better when I did nothing and was ignorant. FPV is next followed by all RC aircraft unless at your AMA only sanctioned field. FYI...AMA is an insurance carrier...nothing more.
Brotozoa is offline Find More Posts by Brotozoa
Old Aug 19, 2013, 07:19 AM
FPV Racer - N4FPV
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Sep 2009
861 Posts
Do something about it in 2016 - Stand with Rand.
Eddie James is offline Find More Posts by Eddie James
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CavCam, Inc.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 08:55 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsyak54 View Post
Hi there, I just wanted to let my fellow modelers know about whats in the works as we speak.... She said that they are worried about the misuse of it and the potential threat it could cause. apparently there was one incident that some Pervert was using his Quadcopter to video his neighbor sunbath in the nude......

It already exist laws that prohibit to take photos, videos or even watch at our neighbor. They will not invent a new law each time technologies bring something new like the drones.
Cameras and videos are still legal to use, they had not become prohibited because some peoples use them illegaly.

cameras and Tx are already widely available and will never become illegal. We can already build tiny quad with keychain and video link for around $100. These will always be consider as toy, I doubt they will become illegal.
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Aug 19, 2013, 09:49 PM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Knee and regular jerk
patrickegan is offline Find More Posts by patrickegan