9,215 Posts
Yippee!
Salesman has a good day.

My hero !
cyclops2 is offline Find More Posts by cyclops2
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:39 PM
Joined Aug 2011
753 Posts
Funny story but a little hard to read even zoomed. Oh well not your fault.

Reminded me of story about a guy that visited the model field and was poking fun at the fliers "Yall spend so much money on toys", when queried what he did for fun he responded "I'm a Bass fisherman", hilarity ensued.
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:41 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Good stuff
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:42 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorModem View Post
Funny story but a little hard to read even zoomed. Oh well not your fault.

Reminded me of story about a guy that visited the model field and was poking fun at the fliers "Yall spend so much money on toys", when queried what he did for fun he responded "I'm a Bass fisherman", hilarity ensued.
Well, maybe. Looks like he did a screen capture from a web forum post, when a copy-paste would have brought text over that would be easier to read.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:48 PM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,215 Posts
Good one Modem.
cyclops2 is offline Find More Posts by cyclops2
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:52 PM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Perhaps this will help the readability:

A young guy from North Dakota moves to Florida and goes to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job. The Manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"

The kid says,"Yeah. I was a salesman back in North Dakota." Well, the boss liked the kid and gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and See how you did." His first day on the job was rough but he got through it.

After the store was locked up the boss came down. "How many customers bought something from you today? The kid says, "One".

The boss says, "Just one? Our sales people average 20 to 30 customers a day. How much was the sale for?" The kid says, "$101,237.65".

The boss says, "$101,237.65?" What the heck did you sell?" The kid says, "First I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold him a medium fish hook. Then I sold him a larger fish hook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition."

The boss said, "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a BOAT and a TRUCK?"

The kid said, "No the guy came in here to buy Tampons for his wife and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot - you should go fishing.'
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C