Old Feb 18, 2012, 07:16 PM
adicted to FFF...!!!
Caracas/Venezuela
Joined Jun 2005
828 Posts
Discussion
Optima reveivers High Voltage ???

Hello

Iīve bought five Hitecīs HS-5665 MH servos and a HS-7940TG servos, all of them are High voltage servos Iīm planning to use in a Vario benzin helicopter.

Are Hitec`s optima receivers high voltage ???

I want to use a 2 cell lipo battery directly to the receiver without a regulator. Can I do this safetly???

Optima`s manual say it can work up to 7.4 volts. but a fully charged 2 cell lipo battery has 8.4 volts. Is the optima receiver able to work safetly in 8.4 volts???

thankyou
luis104 is offline Find More Posts by luis104
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis104 View Post
Hello Iīve bought five Hitecīs HS-5665 MH servos and a HS-7940TG servos, all of them are High voltage servos Iīm planning to use in a Vario benzin helicopter. Are Hitec`s optima receivers high voltage ??? I want to use a 2 cell lipo battery directly to the receiver without a regulator. Can I do this safetly??? Optima`s manual say it can work up to 7.4 volts. but a fully charged 2 cell lipo battery has 8.4 volts. Is the optima receiver able to work safetly in 8.4 volts??? thankyou
Please refer to:
Optima Transceiver & Minima (RX) - Voltage Input Limits.

"Optima accept 2S but extremely few servos are capable of running on a 2S lipo.
"Optima voltage requirements are 4.8-7.4v being the nominal value of a 2S Lipo.
A fully charged 2S Lipo being maximum input voltage to the Servo Bus."
and more.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.