ak79 is offline Find More Posts by ak79
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:37 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,765 Posts
Yeah, that is a bit on the ugly side....
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:54 PM
Bad command or file name
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jan 2013
385 Posts
Makes him easier to spot when he follows his plane to the edge of the field when flying it.
Imageek2 is offline Find More Posts by Imageek2
Old Yesterday, 02:32 AM
RIP MC
United States, CA, Midway City
Joined Dec 2003
3,346 Posts
Re the hat!
Hey, it could have been a lot worse! I could have worn nothing and make you look at my wannabe mullet! If your hair was in a state as mine was, you'd be shaving it off !

So we have some launch logs to show. Turn around was just about 110M. I wanted to get the whole 150, but propellers would be buzzing too close for comfort.
The first 2 launches were into a very slight wind. The rest were in a slight 2-3mph downwind.

On all the launches we kept moving the hook back. Ali would have to say where we ended up. We had to use the hook I modified as the stock hook could not be screwed down enough through the hook slot to prevent from slipping forward from the pretension.

I made a quick video. This was about the 5-6 launch before the gopro died...
Video slowed down to 1/10. Didn't get in as many launches as I would have like as we spent time helping another pilot dial in his plane and radio.

I have to say, the launches were getting better even as the downwind conditions got slightly worse. And yes, we were still going straight up the line, straight into the sun!

I was too lazy to lug the tension measuring device with. Next time!
Perfection Launch Tests (0 min 29 sec)
fnnwizard is offline Find More Posts by fnnwizard
Old Yesterday, 04:28 AM
RIP MC
United States, CA, Midway City
Joined Dec 2003
3,346 Posts
Those same 2 launches in real time. Gives a better ideal how fast up the line we get. I think we could add a couple degrees of flaps for the beginning of tow.

What is neat to see is that Ali is really getting his timing down on the J launches. Notice how my body english is as my knees bend when I think he should dive and zoom. matches up well to the sound....

Well done dude! I told ya the plane was rotating better. It might be a goood idea that you try to stand in the same spot for every launch to actually notice it

Perfection Launch Tests Real Time (0 min 36 sec)
fnnwizard is offline Find More Posts by fnnwizard