SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 16, 2014, 03:53 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
1,009 Posts
Discussion
HobbyKing FPV250 Ghost Edition LED Night Flyer FPV Quad Copter

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ad_Copter.html

Thinking of buying this, anyone here have one or any info? Setup etc.
ripmax is offline Find More Posts by ripmax
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2014, 11:00 PM
United States, VA, Newport News
Joined Dec 2014
47 Posts
I bought one for Christmas. I haven't put it together. I got it along with the kit for the black model.
Toastdude82 is offline Find More Posts by Toastdude82
Old Dec 22, 2014, 01:35 AM
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2011
212 Posts
I just got mine the other day, build is in progress.
It was so cheap that I bought a 2nd one at the same time for spare parts - but I didn't pay attention to the listing and it is a one piece frame - lol.
For the price it seems like a really good deal.
I am building one with a cc3d controller, multistar 2206-2150 motors and afro 12a escs. I got the multistar/afro combo package from HK
The combined length of the esc and motor wires is way too long so I am snipping them and soldering them together, after confirming motor direction, of course.
The multistar motors come with a t-motor style prop mount as well as a standard 5mm bolt on shaft (2cw, 2ccw). the provided clear props use the 5mm shafts but I got some maytech 5x3 carbon fiber t-style props as well.
My fpv gear for this multi shoud be here by Tues - 5gram cam, 1.3 200mw vtx with a smaller antenna - all from Bevrc. I will also mount the mobius on an angled upper deck so that it will generally be pointing straight ahead in forward flight. I have a video switcher too that will let me switch video in flight between the 5gram cam and the mobius
fuzzydog is offline Find More Posts by fuzzydog
Old Dec 26, 2014, 05:29 PM
youtu.be/-BG4w4XMBeE
Bat-Yam, Israel
Joined Jan 2009
144 Posts
Waiting for a stuff too. Going to use Naza lite on it w/gps, lightweight sony cam, 200mw TX
AndrewID is online now Find More Posts by AndrewID
Old Dec 29, 2014, 06:10 PM
United States, VA, Newport News
Joined Dec 2014
47 Posts
I put mine together over the weekend but on the black frame for now. I plan to switch it over to the clear frame after I get some good flight time in. It flew great for about a minute until I crashed it in the gutter and broke my last ccw prop.
Here's a rundown of what I used.

MMC Microwii FL 32u4
5x3x3 gemfan props
12A Afro ESC
OrX 8 channel RD
HC-06 Bluetooth for tuning
9Xr pro TX
Toastdude82 is offline Find More Posts by Toastdude82
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:58 PM
Joined Jan 2011
212 Posts
I finally managed 2 trouble free test flights last night. I have never had as much problem with my multirotor gear as I have with this little guy - the multistar/afro combo pack that I bought has been nothing but trouble. I had intermittent chirping/twitching/spazzing on the quad. Turned out 2 of my motors had issues and 1 of the ESCs. I replaced the motors and used a Hobbywing Quattro 4in1 25a esc (quite the overkill but its what I had) and managed the 2 good flights but it was quite porky with that heavy esc and a 2200 3cell.
Got my AFro usb programmer and 2 spare ESCs on the way that should be here by Friday and so hopefully I can do some daytime test flights this weekend.

But I am done with multistar and afro gear - won't buy them again.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:53 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,902 Posts
Just built mine today!

KK ... MultiStar Baby Beasts V1 ... Afro 12s

Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank You Jeff Fassbinder!!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:11 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,902 Posts
Put together a little build guide article on this one and posted it up over on the MultiRotor Pilot magazine domain
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank You Jeff Fassbinder!!
Old Feb 03, 2015, 11:56 AM
Joined Sep 2014
9 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post30676316

Hi buddy,Diatone ~In 2015 new product
DIATONE is offline Find More Posts by DIATONE
Old Feb 24, 2015, 04:35 PM
Joined Jul 2014
11 Posts
Hi thanks for doing this, I have one in my parts bin.

Out of interested who makes the heli in your profile pic. I am a novice at multi rotors but keen to learn.

How did you find the kk board? I have one but I never managed to get it to work properly. The quad was really unstable in both modes.

Would you have a view on a alternative controller? I have a f450 with Naza, that rocks. I would like its stability and I am happy to forgo all the gps stuff
Larrythelathe is offline Find More Posts by Larrythelathe
Old Feb 24, 2015, 05:07 PM
Joined Jan 2011
212 Posts
thought I should post an update on my FPV250 Ghost - I have now been having a great time with it.
Cobra 2204-2300 motors
5x3 props
Rotorgeeks 12a escs
CC3D
frsky for control
BEVRC 5g nano cam
BEVRC 200mw 1.3ghz Vtx with smaller BEVRC antenna
I am getting 6:30 of aggressive ff flight with a Nanotech 3S 1300 45C
I also fly 8 minutes with an 1800 3S, and have flown with a 2200 as well

Everything is working great together and it is a nice and nimble little quad for playing in smaller areas that are not suitable for my larger 450 - 680 size multis.
I really like going flying starting at dusk and just keep flying as it gets darker.
I did add a small strip of red leds on the back pointing straight backward so that when it is tail in I definitely know it.

Name: light bar.jpg
Views: 2
Size: 24.6 KB
Description: