HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM
I failed to crash a heli once!
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
1,769 Posts
I've replaced the main frame, you might be able to spread the frame members apart far enough to remove the elevator servo but you risk getting bearings and such out of place. If you're sure the elevator servo is in need of cleaning then I'd recommend that you just bite the bullet and pull it apart.

I too have installed the rotary servo on the tail but my cyclic servos are all still stock after hundreds of flights and I'm not having any problem with them at all. Ruined two tail servos before I replaced it with the DS76T.
dteel is online now Find More Posts by dteel
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:35 AM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
I would like to clean the elevator servo as well. I know it's necessary to split the frame to get it out, and I'm wondering what is the least amount of disassembly required to get it out of there? Also, has anybody tried mounting a rotary elevator servo onto a stock frame?
or you could just use some Deoxit. I bought a Radio Shack version for half the price of the Deoxit, like this. Just spray into the servo, wipe off the extra, and go fly. I've done this with mine, and it worked great. I also did it on an mcpx v2 quite a while ago, and the jitters have never come back. I think this is because there is also a lubricant in the cleaner to keep the oxide from building up again.

Far as the tail servo goes, I still am flying the stock linear. When I bought my heli, I also bought the microheli mount and the DS35 servo for it. I know, everybody now says the 76, but I own the 35, so when the time comes that is what I will use. also bought the microheli tail power pack, but never installed that either because the heli has been just fine without it. Maybe over time when things wear more, I'll put it on too.
HeliFlyer14 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14