28 Posts
有没有做好的车架,我见你画了很多这种车架图片
zjbby is offline Find More Posts by zjbby
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:13 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
285 Posts
Looks cool.

Here are some rambling thoughts that popped into my head while looking at your design.

What is the 3-holed plate next to the motor, the motor mount? I wonder how long that front shock and rear bevel gear would last in those positions. It looks like you have it setup for no fork dive at all - I always wondered if this was the main feel difference in feel between the SB-5 and traditional setups (I would love to experiment with different A-arm lengths and mount points for the front of the SB-5).

Cheers,

-Rskip
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Old Jul 25, 2014, 02:50 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,316 Posts
Cool concept.
Some comments for your project...

The forks need more support from twisting and lateral loads. The bearing tracks are too simple to work in real life even with flanged bearings or large washers. There will be a great deal of drag and on track this assembly will see dust and debris. Consider using PTFE sheets between the plates for dry lubrication. maybe an alloy insert would be a way to distribute the loads and provide a real track for the bearings to ride on. An edge of carbon fiber plate is a very poor track surface for a bearing.
There is no obvious connection to the front shocks so Im sure there is an extension your planning to connect that.

How do you adjust rake angle? Or maybe a spring loaded pivot to save the headstock and chassis would do both functions. Otherwise you will have to change out fork plates or the pivot blocks to effect wheelbase and rake angle.

Shaft drive is an interesting choice. I see the basic idea but lets see that further developed and incorporate an adjustable slipper clutch too. Also you may consider a common spur gear so people can change them from a universal source.

Also it appears that not much consideration has gone into the rider and body work. Whats your plan for that?

Looks interesting, keep up the good work!
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jul 25, 2014, 02:51 PM
Nancy, in France
Joined Sep 2008
247 Posts
Congratulation, you don't copy other rc bikes. Wait détails...
lalain is offline Find More Posts by lalain
Old Jul 25, 2014, 06:04 PM
España, CL, Ávila
Joined Sep 2008
549 Posts
Slipper?... maybe. As long as first bevel gears are from Tamiya, there's an optional slipper for this setup available.

About the three hole plate, yep...

In fact, it acts more as motor stopper (to prevent rotation) than motor mount. swingarm solid core feature a 36mm bore to hold the motor in place. Front shocks are almost completely hidden inside front wheel when looking perfectly straight. Rear bevel will receive a cover/bearing mount soon.

No dive at all, so really flat tracks needed for the displayed fork plates. Other ones available to fine tune this point.

SB5 body is the most common choice now and mine aswell.

Thanks for the comments about the front suspension. I've used this bearing system on cars (steering) without any issues but this is a totally different setup... Who knows

For better alignment of lower fork plates, wheel shaft bearings feature inner and outer spacers to create a beefier block there.

Front shocks lower mounting plate is waiting for the 1/18 Team Losi shocks to come, 60mm from each ball end length.

Spur gear will be a RW Racing commercial part.

Something hidden in these pics, 18x10x5 steering "thrust" bearings (x2)....

trf_414_m2 is offline Find More Posts by trf_414_m2