HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:05 PM
Joined Aug 2012
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalheli View Post
You explained flight characteristics you didn't like.
No, I explained flight characteristics that make the models fly differently.

Also, 45* flybard helis DO settle into a stable hover - that's what why they have toilet bowl and rubber band effect.
AWDstylez is offline Find More Posts by AWDstylez
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:08 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDstylez View Post
No, I explained flight characteristics that make the models fly differently.
You need to realize those little tiny insignificant differences don't matter to most people.

If I move the aileron stick to the right, the helicopter will bank to the right. This is true of ALL the aircraft we are talking about and most people can use that similarity to transfer their abilities between lots of different types of aircraft which have that same behavior. I don't know why you can't bridge that gap, but almost everybody else can, and therefore you are talking about differences in learning style, and not critical differences in the aircraft itself. I don't expect you to understand what we mean by this, because you don't share that learning style, but please accept the fact that most people will learn how to fly CP copters just fine from operating quad copters.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Sep 19, 2013, 05:00 PM
Joined Aug 2012
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
You need to realize those little tiny insignificant differences don't matter to most people.

If I move the aileron stick to the right, the helicopter will bank to the right. This is true of ALL the aircraft we are talking about and most people can use that similarity to transfer their abilities between lots of different types of aircraft which have that same behavior. I don't know why you can't bridge that gap, but almost everybody else can, and therefore you are talking about differences in learning style, and not critical differences in the aircraft itself. I don't expect you to understand what we mean by this, because you don't share that learning style, but please accept the fact that most people will learn how to fly CP copters just fine from operating quad copters.

Going to have to agree to disagree. If control inputs like left banking left and up making the heli go up is all that matters, then people would learn CP from coaxs just fine. ALL 4ch and up helis have the same control inputs. It's the particular flight characteristics that make them easier or harder to fly.
AWDstylez is offline Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Old Sep 19, 2013, 05:14 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDstylez View Post
then people would learn CP from coaxs just fine.
Which they DO! All the time! That's how I learned! I don't expect you to understand it because you think in a different way, but I do expect you to accept the fact that other people can learn this way just fine. It has been demonstrated many, many times. You can't refute the large number of people who have learned this way. It's a fact.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Sep 19, 2013, 07:15 PM
My other addiction!
Marysville, Ca., US
Joined Jan 2007
1,650 Posts
Thanks, Jasmine for taking a different tact and saying it better than I was. To get hung up on the fact that one aircraft doesn't fly exactly like another is to lose the fact that the basic skills to fly both are the same. Get the basics down and the finesse skills needed to handle one over the other will come quicker, and a lot easier. I found that the exaggerated characteristics of the little mSR actually made me fly better, because I couldn't get lazy and just let off the sticks, but had to ease it down to a hover from FF. When I started doing that, I found that when I could get outside and fly my bigger birds, that my flying was getting much smoother. I credit the mSR for that.
norcalheli is offline Find More Posts by norcalheli
Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:21 PM
Joined Feb 2013
33 Posts
It came in today! So excited to fly, but I'm gonna be so busy this weekend
NathanCurl is offline Find More Posts by NathanCurl
Old Sep 22, 2013, 08:21 PM
Joined Feb 2013
33 Posts
I've been flying today, a little breeze outside and inside with little space. I've broken 1 rotor head link and split the front post on the landing skids. I am also encountering the vibration issue, probably just from crashing so much. But overall, it's fun and I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of hovering. Thank you all so much for the help!
Old Sep 22, 2013, 10:15 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2013
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanCurl View Post
I am also encountering the vibration issue, probably just from crashing so much. But overall, it's fun and I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of hovering. Thank you all so much for the help!
After every crash check to make sure your main gear hasn't slid down the shaft or twisted slightly on the "D". It happens really easily and can lead to vibrations.
ACITceva is offline Find More Posts by ACITceva
Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:38 PM
Joined Feb 2013
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACITceva View Post
After every crash check to make sure your main gear hasn't slid down the shaft or twisted slightly on the "D". It happens really easily and can lead to vibrations.
I did it was actually because the gear wasn't up all the way
Old Sep 23, 2013, 02:03 AM
last of the sixties kids..
New Zealand, Northland, Whangarei
Joined Jan 2013
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post

SNIP... but please accept the fact that most people will learn how to fly CP copters just fine from operating quad copters.
Like me for example A flybarred FP heli bears no resemblence in my head to a FBL CP except what it looks like. However once I had a quad I instantly found my CP easier and easier to fly and my Flybar FP pointless and just a fun toy or to use for orientation. I needed to get to grips with the 'sliding' thing and a quad was the way for me. Coax - Flybar FP - Quad - CP. I could have gone Quad to CP in hindsight. For me the coax and FP made it harder to learn quads and CP not easier in all due respect. But I'm getting a bit long in the teeth nowadays
Cannafish is offline Find More Posts by Cannafish
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:03 PM
United States, AZ, Surprise
Joined Mar 2007
491 Posts
I think you can learn a nano quad in stability then agility and go to a mcpx. I think anyone could. My thumbs really don't know the different in controlling orientation from my nano to my mcpx. I was just zooming around the nano in 15 mph gust in stability mod in the back yard tonight and that thing will save beginners a lot of cash learn orientation and basic control of any heli or quad.

1 vote for spending $69 on a nano and being able to fly it in or outdoors. And crashing costing nothing while you learn to balance the ball.

P.s. The quad in agility mod is a lot harder for me than my mcpx or 130x. There is a lot more orientation cues on the Helis.

I started my second time with a fixed pitch Sabre (hummingbird clone). Worked just fine.
Arthure is online now Find More Posts by Arthure
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:06 PM
United States, AZ, Surprise
Joined Mar 2007
491 Posts
As far as ordering from Quantum Hobbies...I ordered a J3 Cub motor at like 2pm today and it was accepted at the usps sort facility at 5pm. That's customer service.
Arthure is online now Find More Posts by Arthure