Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:47 PM
Good for what ALES you
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Jan 2009
443 Posts
Contest
SVSS Monthly ALES Contest – March 23rd in Davis, CA

SVSS Monthly ALES Contest – March 23rd in Davis, CA

Someday they will say that the true harbinger of spring is not the crocuses or swallows returning to Capistrano, but the sound of the ten-second countdown before the first SVSS ALES launch of the year.

We had a great season last year and I’m looking forward to the start of our next. Our first contest of the year will be on Saturday, March 23rd and based on rumors we should be seeing some exciting new planes show up.

Our Pilots’ Meeting will be at 9:30 and first flights at 10am. Entry fee is $10 and AMA membership is required. Lunch will be available for $5 and Kevin is planning to cook BBQ Chicken Chipotle Sliders, so pack an appetite along with your plane.

For directions, visit our website at http://www.svss.org/

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.
awilmunder is offline Find More Posts by awilmunder
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:14 PM
Joined Feb 2007
702 Posts
Man if I could just get my Supra Fuse from Vladimir already I would be ready to go. This season should be fun for sure.
NorCal Hobbies is offline Find More Posts by NorCal Hobbies
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:02 PM
Good for what ALES you
Joined Jan 2009
443 Posts
Here are some videos of ALES contests at SVSS....

2012 SVSS ALES (1 min 59 sec)

SVSS - ALES Contest - 3-3-12 (5 min 56 sec)

Scott at SVSS ALES Contest (0 min 54 sec)

SVSS ALES Mass Launch (0 min 38 sec)
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:58 PM
Good for what ALES you
Joined Jan 2009
443 Posts
The lunch menu is now set.... Chili Burgers & Dogs.

Looking forward to that first launch.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:15 PM
Good for what ALES you
Joined Jan 2009
443 Posts
POSTPONED UNTIL NEXT SATURDAY!

I just sent the following out to our mailing lists

After reviews and a number of consultations, it is my best judgment to postpone Saturday's ALES event until next Saturday. The best forecast had winds in the 8-10 mph range, and others showed 10-15, which would take most of the Radians and light floaters out of the air. Throw in the wind chill and it would just not be very pleasant. I know it can be a coin flip, but I think this is for the better.

Please pass on the word if you know of others who plan to attend.

--Aric