HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:53 AM
Certified Heli Addict
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
849 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
subscribed
RaymondM is offline Find More Posts by RaymondM
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:31 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM View Post
subscribed
+1 me too...
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:42 AM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,410 Posts
Trader Rating: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
@ lostheli,

Your PM inbox is full. Couldn't send you shipping notice.

OK, I updated the first page and sent shipped notice to everyone. The rest of the orders should all go out next Tuesday. Except maybe the one order with iodized arms. That might not be ready on time but probably will be shipped before the end of the week, I hope.

Creepy 1, did not ship yours today. I'll explain why via PM after work this evening. It will go out next Tuesday for sure but you might be happy to wait.... I'll talk to you tonight.

Thanks for your patience, guys.

Best,
Chris
Not a problem my friend. Your a busy bee so I totally understand.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:36 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,441 Posts
Trader Rating: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
Not a problem my friend. Your a busy bee so I totally understand.

PM sent.

I listed the show model M360 for 165$ shipped if anyone is interested.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1784188

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:53 PM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,410 Posts
Quote:
PM sent.

I listed the show model M360 for 165$ shipped if anyone is interested.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1784188

Best,
Chris
Tried to convince the ol'man to get this instead of the chassis, but no budge from him.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:30 PM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
81 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
I have a question about the kk board. When i arm my quad there is a steady beep every sec. Is this normal or is there something wrong.
mactek is offline Find More Posts by mactek
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:46 PM
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Joined Feb 2004
158 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
The steady beep I believe is to alert you that the quad is armed. The KK has a feature to auto disarm after so much time. Then you have to rearm it like you would normally.
noahb is offline Find More Posts by noahb
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:05 PM
United States, NJ, Fairfield
Joined Jan 2012
81 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
OK thanks. Thats what I thought.
mactek is offline Find More Posts by mactek
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:24 PM
New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactek View Post
I have a question about the kk board. When i arm my quad there is a steady beep every sec. Is this normal or is there something wrong.
I get this when I am in the menu. Is that normal as well? It stops when I return to the safe screen
flatlandrobin is offline Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:26 AM
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin View Post
I get this when I am in the menu. Is that normal as well? It stops when I return to the safe screen
Yup. basically a warning.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:47 AM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
Quote:
@ lostheli,

Your PM inbox is full. Couldn't send you shipping notice.

OK, I updated the first page and sent shipped notice to everyone. The rest of the orders should all go out next Tuesday. Except maybe the one order with iodized arms. That might not be ready on time but probably will be shipped before the end of the week, I hope.

Creepy 1, did not ship yours today. I'll explain why via PM after work this evening. It will go out next Tuesday for sure but you might be happy to wait.... I'll talk to you tonight.

Thanks for your patience, guys.

Best,
Chris
Sorry about that and thank you, I look forward to receiving it.
lostheli is online now Find More Posts by lostheli
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:50 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Well !

After waiting 3 weeks, I discovered that the motor WAS NOT the problem...dammit! I freaking knew I should have plugged-in one of the working motors to test, but I didn't. So stupid...Now I'm really poked because I'm pretty sure that it's a problem with one of the ESC's (Gets warm really quick, while the working one's are still cool to the touch) I guess the impact itself must have screwed something up inside, I don't know man.

Oh, and did I mention Hobby King is "Out of stock" ?

Chris, I don't suppose you have an extra one of these laying around?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...C_3A_UBEC.html

If so, would you be willing to sell it?

Thanks,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,441 Posts
Hi Pat,

I'm currently subscribed to HK notification system so I will know right away when these F-20 ESCs will be in stock again. I don't have any. I switched to using RCX 20 amps ESCs that are pre-flashed with simonk's firmware. They are good but the price is quite a bit more.

You know, I'm pretty sure that one of the RCX ESCs would work in conjunction with the F-20s. These ESCs are speedy and they will easily pick up on any discrepancy and I think it will fly just fine. Mine are all spoken for, though. Sorry, mate. You may be able to get your hands on a 20 amps RCTimer simonk esc on Ebay. That would probably work, too.

You might want to remove the heatshrink on that ESC and make sure the soldering points are all in good shape, by the way.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:52 AM
New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Had some good weather today and took the 'Armathox' to the field for the first time. It's also the first time I've done fast figure 8's with no auto level. I'm so impressed with the way it handles the gusts of wind without bouncing around. I think you made an awesome machine Chris and I'm slowly increasing the stick scaling up from pretty much 50 on everything to 65 now. What do you think the minimum for pitch/roll needs to be for flips?
flatlandrobin is offline Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:27 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin View Post
Had some good weather today and took the 'Armathox' to the field for the first time. It's also the first time I've done fast figure 8's with no auto level. I'm so impressed with the way it handles the gusts of wind without bouncing around. I think you made an awesome machine Chris and I'm slowly increasing the stick scaling up from pretty much 50 on everything to 65 now. What do you think the minimum for pitch/roll needs to be for flips?
You can do flips with as low as 50 on stick scaling but you need good altitude. Typically, I would not recommend trying flips with less than 80.

Good to hear you're enjoying the quad. The Warthox frame is very nice, indeed.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread