HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:32 PM
Videopilot
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2009
2,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite View Post
Derek, welcome and sorry to hear it still isn't working. Are you using Arducam 2.0 firmware? It has an issue with panel 2 switching anyways. There is also the minimosd-extra project you might want to check out; seems to be a more active than Arducam, and a similar panel 2 problem was already fixed a few releases ago. In fact I plan on installing minimOSD-extra before Sunday. I like Arducam as it seems to be less invasive on the APM telemetry parameters, but until that panel 2 issue is fixed it is almost useless to me.

Jumpy, thanks for the info on the radio settings. I'm running the defaults from the 3dr firmware with airspeed=64 and both ecc and op resend checked. I also increased my Tx power up to the max value of 20. ECC doesn't help on the air system end? I'll uncheck those 2 boxes if they don't help range.

Kev
I was using Arducam 2.0, but last night uploaded it with MinimOSD-Extra 2.1. Still doesn't work with that firmware, so may try a older version like 1.9 tonight.
Derek_S is offline Find More Posts by Derek_S
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iconic X
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:31 AM
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpy07 View Post
Rctimer are shipping plug and play cables for 3DR Radio's and GPS now with the APM 2.5 clone

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...8&productname=
Anybody know where I can get these cables in the US?
Thanks
Bob
hobbyboy is offline Find More Posts by hobbyboy
Last edited by hobbyboy; Dec 07, 2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:43 AM
Quiet Achiever
Joined Feb 2008
1,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyboy View Post
Anybody know where I can get these cables in the us?
Thanks
Bob
I am an RCTimer Dealer.....I sell the boards too.....but I'm out of stock

I have an inventory order going out on December 10th
Delivery in the US will be December 18th

Pre-Orders accepted

www.uavobjects.com

Send me a PM and I will see what I can do
RYBAT is offline Find More Posts by RYBAT
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:48 AM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,128 Posts
anyone can please share there setting for a spider frame quad, i just need a starting point since im new to APM

thanks
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:32 AM
Joined Nov 2001
639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYBAT View Post
I am an RCTimer Dealer.....I sell the boards too.....but I'm out of stock

I have an inventory order going out on December 10th
Delivery in the US will be December 18th

Pre-Orders accepted

www.uavobjects.com

Send me a PM and I will see what I can do
PM sent.

Bob
hobbyboy is offline Find More Posts by hobbyboy
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:38 PM
AMA 993956 IMAC 7030
United States, OR, Grants Pass
Joined Jul 2008
53 Posts
Need help Please with my JR10x Mixing

Hi There
Anyone know how to mix 2 switches on the JR 10X Air to get the 6 modes? It is driving me nuts I cant seem to get all 6 modes for the Mission planner just 4.

Any help will be great
Thanks
Tom
Mavlar is offline Find More Posts by Mavlar
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:07 PM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
396 Posts
I have updated my Guide.. current version V1.3

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...5&d=1354993533
Jumpy07 is online now Find More Posts by Jumpy07
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:17 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Sintra
Joined Jul 2011
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite View Post
LOL, I think most are using telemetry instead of bluetooth.

Kev
I agree, but Bluetooth has its advantages, and more people will post this question again on how to connect the bluetooth to the APM 2.5 in UART0 or 2?
flyboygaac is offline Find More Posts by flyboygaac
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:50 PM
Videopilot
Joined May 2009
2,715 Posts
HAve you tried it at all? With a little googling I cant find your answer, but it looks like it shouldnt be too hard, and some posts I see imply people are doing it successfully. I just wonder if it can connect to the telemetry port or if you need to have a breakout harness form the usb port.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:51 PM
Future-proof EVERYTHING
NY
Joined Jul 2008
762 Posts
Im trying to connect telemetry and minimOSD. I understand the RX only needs to be connected from osd but do I have to splice the rx into the 3dr telemetry or can I use a different UART port for minimosd and the original for the telemetry?
DarkHeli is offline Find More Posts by DarkHeli
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:12 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeli View Post
Im trying to connect telemetry and minimOSD. I understand the RX only needs to be connected from osd but do I have to splice the rx into the 3dr telemetry or can I use a different UART port for minimosd and the original for the telemetry?
I'm not very good with electronics, but i'm learning. So bear over me if this is totaly wrong.
I was also thinking of doing that, but it seems like uart0 and uart2 are the same. But there is a AutoMUX uart0 there which i hope'd i could solder to split those uarts and use uart0 pins for the MinimOSD.

A drawing to a novice would help if this came out bad

J
Ramnes is offline Find More Posts by Ramnes
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:20 PM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
568 Posts
New Fatshark predator V2 and minimOSD

Hi
I'm planning on buying the New Fatshark predator V2, and wonder if anyone has tried to connect them with the APM2.5 and the MinimOSD?

I found a post over at diydrones which had an issue not seeing whats on the lower part of the screen, but that was in january and could have been fixed by now.

J
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:37 PM
Always learning..
United Kingdom
Joined Aug 2012
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramnes View Post
Hi
I'm planning on buying the New Fatshark predator V2, and wonder if anyone has tried to connect them with the APM2.5 and the MinimOSD?

I found a post over at diydrones which had an issue not seeing whats on the lower part of the screen, but that was in january and could have been fixed by now.

J

I have the new SD Attitudes...and they work fine..

There are some issues with MinimOSD v1.0 with hires cameras.. which I think displays the problems you describe.... I have to reset the MinimOSD after power on to get OSD overlay with my 600tvl WDR

This is quite a common problem.. but not one that seems to exist if you use a 520tvl or lower camera..
Jumpy07 is online now Find More Posts by Jumpy07
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:49 PM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpy07 View Post
I have the new SD Attitudes...and they work fine..

There are some issues with MinimOSD v1.0 with hires cameras.. which I think displays the problems you describe.... I have to reset the MinimOSD after power on to get OSD overlay with my 600tvl WDR

This is quite a common problem.. but not one that seems to exist if you use a 520tvl or lower camera..
Thanks Jumpy07
I have the MinimOSD 0.1 from China. I've followe your APM2.5 manual setting up my APM, with 433Mhz telemetry and now maked the cable from APM to MinimOSD. Your manual is easy to follow when youre a newbie.

J
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:58 AM
Videopilot
Joined May 2009
2,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramnes View Post
Thanks Jumpy07
I have the MinimOSD 0.1 from China. I've followe your APM2.5 manual setting up my APM, with 433Mhz telemetry and now maked the cable from APM to MinimOSD. Your manual is easy to follow when youre a newbie.

J
OT, but did you get you China MinimOSD to work? Still cant get past the "waiting for heartbeats" on mine, after exhausting all troubleshooting options that I can find. Doesnt seem likely, but wondering if it is a bad OSD...
RCG Plus Member