HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:45 AM
Singapore
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Hi Guys

Need help, my KK2.0 board has no ESC Calibration feature in the Menu. I just upgraded to firmware v1.2 which I downloaded it from the 1st page of this thread. What has gone wrong?

Please help. Thank you.
Acit is offline Find More Posts by Acit
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:55 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acit View Post
Hi Guys

Need help, my KK2.0 board has no ESC Calibration feature in the Menu. I just upgraded to firmware v1.2 which I downloaded it from the 1st page of this thread. What has gone wrong?

Please help. Thank you.
Take PROPS OFF!!!

Put throttle to max. Connect battery and press 1st and 4th buttons together quick as possible and keep pushing buttons till the end. In v1.2 there is no ESC Cal in menu.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:58 AM
Romania, Cluj, Cluj-Napoca
Joined Sep 2010
92 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guys

Please help. Thank you.
Nothing wrong. In v1.0 the ESC calibration was present in the menu as a tutorial. In v1.2 it was removed for more space needed for further updates. To calibrate the ESCs you need to connect battery and quickly press and hold button 1 and 4 whilst the throttle is full on the transmitter, than wait for some beeps, lower the throttle to minimum, again wait for the confirmation beeps and let go of the two buttons. There, the ESCs are calibrated. Or you can check the video one ore two pages back and do it that way (by removing the wire from M1, connect battery, press and hold buttons 1 and 4 and after that connect back the wire from Motor1, the rest is the same).
Good luck!
blacksto is offline Find More Posts by blacksto
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:10 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
I continue to wonder how people imagine the KK2 can measure the LiPo voltage without being connected to it?... Magic?
bluetooth sadmondays
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:15 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,324 Posts
well the old way of holding 1 and 4 down while connecting batt still work? i didnt find it that hard!
small plastic claps or cloth pins work too...
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:15 AM
Moldova
Joined Jun 2010
1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
I also recognized that scolton updated his mod and added it to the flashtool. The first mod will be removed to avoid any confusion.

Does the LCD backlight go on when you plug the usbasp into the PC? Then you read the pin out mirrored.

Christian
Definitely will flash scolton second mod, which seems to improve self level. I was quite surprised with the first mod, but now I'm just more than excited to test it.
why didn't you update repository 2 days back?!
schumixmd is offline Find More Posts by schumixmd
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:24 AM
Joined Apr 2012
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolton View Post
Originally, I enabled the complementary filter code that is commented out in v1.2 and replaced the accelerometer-only angle with gyro+accelerometer angle from the filter in the self-level P controller. But, there's a conditional that says: "If filtered angle is higher than 26 (I think), ignore the accelerometer." I changed the conditional to: "If accelerometer angle is higher than 45, ignore the accelerometer."

It doesn't solve the problem of yaw while steeply banked causing a bad angle estimate. If you yaw fast enough, before the accelerometer has a chance to correct it, it may still cause strange results. Slow, shallow banked turns seem okay to me, but your results may vary.
I think That Condition was to avoid false accelerometer values induced due to linear acceleration of the craft when banked at such high angles...but at 45 degrees I think that problem would resurface causing false accelerometer values due to acceleretion of the banked craft in the direction of the bank.... but..I see you are working on it... so please keep us posted gr8 wotk though..I find it really tough to understand assembly but you seem to be making great sense of everything ..keep it up
Akcopter is offline Find More Posts by Akcopter
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:35 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,811 Posts
I made a switched battery extension lead.. so now I hold 1 and 4 with one hand then just switch on...to calibrate

mind you I still cant work out all the beeps, my ESC's setup beeps don't seem to go at the same time so its well confusing..

Ive two KK2 quads on the go ,and on one I ended up calibrating each esc, one at a time, through the receiver direct.. that sorted it out fine.. all now work together through the board and the quad is stable ..

something for newbies like myself to learn on.. the V929 from WL toys is only 30-40 and it works well and will give you a way to practice before you commit your main model
davereap is online now Find More Posts by davereap
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:48 AM
Singapore
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
Take PROPS OFF!!!

Put throttle to max. Connect battery and press 1st and 4th buttons together quick as possible and keep pushing buttons till the end. In v1.2 there is no ESC Cal in menu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksto View Post
Nothing wrong. In v1.0 the ESC calibration was present in the menu as a tutorial. In v1.2 it was removed for more space needed for further updates. To calibrate the ESCs you need to connect battery and quickly press and hold button 1 and 4 whilst the throttle is full on the transmitter, than wait for some beeps, lower the throttle to minimum, again wait for the confirmation beeps and let go of the two buttons. There, the ESCs are calibrated. Or you can check the video one ore two pages back and do it that way (by removing the wire from M1, connect battery, press and hold buttons 1 and 4 and after that connect back the wire from Motor1, the rest is the same).
Good luck!
Thanks guys for the help, sorry that I'm not aware the ESC Calibration function had been removed from the Menu.

I did follow the method and also watch the video but both beeps from my ESC giving 2 beeps even the confirmation beep.

After Armed the board, the 2nd motor (I'm on Quadcopter X mode) is not turning even when the throttle is at max. The rest of the motors turning fine.

Could it due to improper calibration of ESC?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:09 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,439 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys for the help, sorry that I'm not aware the ESC Calibration function had been removed from the Menu.

I did follow the method and also watch the video but both beeps from my ESC giving 2 beeps even the confirmation beep.

After Armed the board, the 2nd motor (I'm on Quadcopter X mode) is not turning even when the throttle is at max. The rest of the motors turning fine.

Could it due to improper calibration of ESC?
Please try ESC Cal again.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:09 AM
Australia, VIC, Dandenong
Joined Jul 2010
69 Posts
Cheers mate! It worked appreciate it
Alyas is offline Find More Posts by Alyas
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:26 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
471 Posts
when I calibrate (by holding the 1st and 4th buttons) my motors spin up and "calibrating ESCs" is on the LCD. I cannot hear any beeps as the motors are spinning up. I can hold in the buttons for ages with the words "calibrating ESCs" on the LCD. Is there something I can change to make it work as I imagine it should?
Haych is offline Find More Posts by Haych
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:45 AM
Singapore
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
Please try ESC Cal again.
Thanks. ESC to Motor Wire (Red) had a bad contact, resoldered - SOLVED.

My Quad has not made its 1st flight yet. This is my 1st hobby dealing with Remote Control + ESC + Brushless Motor

Thanks again.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:39 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haych View Post
when I calibrate (by holding the 1st and 4th buttons) my motors spin up and "calibrating ESCs" is on the LCD. I cannot hear any beeps as the motors are spinning up. I can hold in the buttons for ages with the words "calibrating ESCs" on the LCD. Is there something I can change to make it work as I imagine it should?
Im starting to wonder if its the RCTimer ESC (pre flashed with SimonK F/W) im using... Has this been noticed previously?
Haych is offline Find More Posts by Haych
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:45 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. ESC to Motor Wire (Red) had a bad contact, resoldered - SOLVED.

My Quad has not made its 1st flight yet. This is my 1st hobby dealing with Remote Control + ESC + Brushless Motor

Thanks again.
This is your first quad. If so please be carful they are a lot of fun but they can hurt you to.
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x