HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:13 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vewdew View Post
I have the latest firmware installed and Dont have any probs, I really dont know what same people are doin when they flash the latest firmware to cause them probs.
I never had a problem flashing the latest FW, other than when I was flashing, I found it would not do it until I changed the USB cable and then everything went well. I just had the problem with not being able to change the settings permanently. They would change and I would get the Peep as it changed, but then after I disconected and went back and checked after a few minutes, it had gone back to the previous settings.

I have since reflashed it to the previous FW and not a problem. Just got back from a flight.

I was hoping to benefit from the recent FW changes so I want to get it to work.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:19 AM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Yeah those usb cables are very cheap indeed, it has caused me a few headaches, good thing I had a spare one also.
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
I never use any usb cable that comes with anything. I have one that came with an Aiptek camera that I've used for a long time. It has two ferrite chokes on it and at first glance, it's very well made and pretty long. It's my standard "go to" usb cable and it's always plugged in.
The cables coming from china lately are very poorly made. Just the nature of the beast. I wonder how many people have nearly had breakdowns when it's a simple fix like using a better cable.........................
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:50 AM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
477 Posts
Also does anyone know if the manual is correct for motor rotation of a hex
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:58 AM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto View Post
Rick its suppost to be M1 CCw, M2 C, M3 CCW, M4 C, M5 CCW, M6 C
and the lights of the board face M5.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Thats from the latest version V1200 wich fixed an error in one of them wich I cant remember now.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:09 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
477 Posts
Thanx. That is the same as I have in version 1.006. Where can I get a copy of 1.2 manual
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:11 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
297 Posts
Quote:
It is, at least for hex plus which is the setup I use
apejovic is offline Find More Posts by apejovic
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Thanx. That is the same as I have in version 1.006. Where can I get a copy of 1.2 manual
It is a chinese version not english, if you want it send me a private msg with your email and I will send it to you.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpang View Post
Hi Rob,
sorry to know that you've get hurted by the motors. never come across that before. Just like you, I always double check after making some changes by closing the GUI and unplug the usb cable then reconnect and start the GUI again. Every one out of about 5 times I found what I've change is not registered in the fc and then will have to do it again. However, once double checked, it remain there without losing ... I will ask Rabbit to see what they say about it..

cmPang
Hi cmpang...I reloaded the previous firmware and it worked, then I loaded the latest firmware again, because I really want to make it work. I have spent the last few hours, initially setting it up and then disconnecting and connecting again and again and again. Over the last 20 plus or minus connections via usb cable, on 2 occasions it reverted back to the status as that came with the firmware.

Unless someone can give me a reasonable reason as to why this is happening, I believe that this firmware has a problem and could be dangerous.

Please could you discuss this with the developers. I know that mine is probably a special case as I am using ESC's that require 500hz signal, which instantly start spinning when connected, but, there could be other repercussions that one does not know about.

Rob
Old Mar 17, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vewdew View Post
It is a chinese version not english, if you want it send me a private msg with your email and I will send it to you.
Why don't you post it here so we can all benefit, maybe.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,871 Posts
i have been flashing my esc with simonk firmware
so i have tried to change value in the "gui"..330mhz to 500 and nothing work
motor doesn t run...

cmpang:could you ask to the team if this option working?
because it s seem to be useless with simonk firmware.....
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:57 PM
APM Copter Developer
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Ferrara
Joined Apr 2009
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
You can get it here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=376

I recommend that you leave the latest FW alone.

Rob
Thanks Rob, but this is not the firmware, only the tools and driver! :-)
My board come with V1.102... where is 1.201? :P
Marco67 is offline Find More Posts by Marco67
Last edited by Marco67; Mar 17, 2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco67 View Post
Thanks Rob, but this is not the firmware, only the tools and driver! :-)
My board come with V1.102... where is 1.201? :P
I would not use 1.201 as IMO it still needs some fine tuning because it has problems. However, if you want it, you can find it a few posts back. Okay, I did the homework for you . Here it is http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1289

The firmware lfmc_fw_20120110_v1101.bin is sitting in the tools folder that I gave you the link for.

Rob
Last edited by robone; Mar 17, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:30 PM
APM Copter Developer
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Ferrara
Joined Apr 2009
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I would not use 1.201 as IMO it still needs some fine tuning because it has problems. However, if you want it, you can find it a few posts back. Okay, I did the homework for you . Here it is http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1289

The firmware lfmc_fw_20120110_v1101.bin is sitting in the tools folder that I gave you the link for.

Rob
Cool thanks Rob!
I try now to update the board (just for test it), and when i click over "Updgrate" (LOL) i see "Device Initiali".... and nothing other...
I've the board connected only to the usb port, no rx/esc/bec...
Marco67 is offline Find More Posts by Marco67