haha thanks!!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2014, 12:08 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,264 Posts
I had a couple of hours to kill this afternoon, so I called my friend Bill who wanted to run his new (used, actually!) SB-5... So we went to the local huge parking lot and...
RC Bikes Fun! (5 min 12 sec)

Of course we did some tinkering here and there!!!

(The neon yellow bike is Bill's. He is a seasoned 1/5 LS racer, so he's familiar with a racing setup and he knows how to tinker!)
Old Jan 25, 2014, 03:59 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,264 Posts
well... just found this on the internet!

Not sure where to post it!

I trust you wont show it to my... Wife!!!!!!

Old Jan 25, 2014, 04:48 AM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
253 Posts
Hahaha, instant pit table, on wheels!
If you work out a permit from racecontrol. You can park in the pits and never bother with unpacking and packing again!
"Smart" solution Stelios!
z_dad is offline Find More Posts by z_dad
Old Jan 25, 2014, 05:43 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,264 Posts
haha! Thanks!
In fact this is a conversion of the original sign, showing an rc car, and is going around in FB!
A friend of mine did THIS for me!
Old Jan 30, 2014, 01:57 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,264 Posts
So... there were THREE bikes today, running at a big parking lot near my home!

A total RC bike day! First my friend Bill K. came to my home and we tried to fix his Nuova Faor SF501 Nitro bike. In fact we mounted servos, a 15 motor and installed the front brake. Then we cut the lexan fairing and rider. Then we discovered that the carb was at the "wrong" position and we could not connect it to the servo. So, Bill took it home, painted the fairing and rider and found that he had another 15 motor with the "correct" carb! The tires on the bike are GRP "old style" with NF medium insert and look good. If they don't work, we will see if we can use some of my used PMT200's... Next we need is a rear brake for the SF501. Probably the one that goes around the clutch, as is the option from NF. WE will see...
That was from 9 am!
Then at around 2pm, I met with my friends KD and BT -both seasoned 1/5 LS drivers- at a local parking lot. KD (seen with the orange bike) was running the bike for the first time (HW Sensorless 60A ESC and 8.5T motor), on my borrowed older PMT200 cut-slicks.
BT (yellow bike) was running with our newly bought GRP A-gomme, as I was with my stock bike (No.9). I am not using a front brake, but BT does, and we stumbled that the front wheel was almost locked! The bolts holding the brake pads were fouling the GRP wheel. No matter how we adjusted them, they still "braked" the wheel. We even tried using countersunk bolts, with a countersunk brake pad but they still interfered with the wheel. So, he ended using his new rear GRP A-gomme only, while he installed a front kit rim with a PMT200 slick tire.
The other bike showing, is my old 2010 Worlds bike, then a KP09, now transformed into a KP10, using an old Nosram 13.5T and a Roadies rear tire. I ran it for a few minutes, then the 3000mah battery ran out of juice! We had some good fun on the parking lot for almost 4 hours! We stopped when it was almost dark!!!!
Later, at home, I realized my brand new rear GRP tire had caught a SCREW!!!! haha!

here are the pics:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11387...71993380757457

Or:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1138797...TotalRCBikeDay

Both should lead to the same end. I hope you enjoy!!!!

Speaking of the new 2014 GRP tires, they behaved extremely well in both my stock bike and the SBK of BT with the 6.5T motor, even popping wheelies here and there, just for the fun of it!
However, this is not a definite test, since it was at the parking lot.
At this particular place we have tried both PMT 200 slicks and cut-slicks with very good results, 2012-model Roadies Softs, also excellent, and last year's GRP B-gomme, with mixed feelings, when they were cold. These in particular, were prone to slide either on the throttle or on the brakes, but as I said, they were last year's model, and this is a parking lot.
Finally, the 2014 GRP A-gomme showed very little wear front and rear, in both bikes, and I dare to say -again, considering the circumstances- they were equal to the (2012) Roadies and at times better than both PMT 200's.
To be tested on track, next weekend, weather permitting... (It is said to rain, let's hope it doesn't!)
Old Mar 25, 2014, 02:12 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,264 Posts
Last Sunday we had a 1/5LS race at our local track. A friend of mine, who owns four 1/5th scale touring cars, invited me to race one of his models!
At first it was like a joke, but the last couple of weeks he became serious, and asked me to go with him to test the car at the track. So, I went there, complete with my receiver and transponder (removed from my electric touring car), and we ran a couple of tanks of petrol to make sure everything worked nicely.
I have upgraded to a (used but excellent!) "new" Futaba 3GR stick radio, recently, which came with three receivers as well!
So, the test went well, and this Sunday there was the race. I got only a pair of new GRP tyres to be used on the rear axle of the FG and we used some used tires at the front.
Anyway, nine racers gathered, and the race program was way too loose. What better than to run the rc bikes, too?!
I had my TT SB5 (Worlds Stock configuration) and my Anderson M5 Cross with me (Mtroniks "old" ESC, HW 4300kv motor, 27Mhz AM pistol radio!!!).
In between the car heats, we had half an hour to prepare for the next heat.
So, I ran the SB5 first, and this is where it gets interesting!
A couple of friends from my work had asked me about "my next race", and they showed up, complete with cameras and a tetracopter!
John, also brought his 6-yo son, Philip, with him and shot some nice videos from the pit lane.
Bill, on the other hand brought the tetracopter and shot everything during the day. The crazy guy had TEN fully charged batteries with him, and he used them all on the tetracopter!
The SB5 ran faultlessly for the entire time... I ran three batteries, in all, doing 10-12 minutes with each. I was warming the Roadies tires with Fabio's TWT Tire warmers beforehand, despite the quite hot weather (18-20C all day), and the tires, despite being two years old, made the bike run like it was on rails! I have to say that since the track was quite clear from the pine tree pollen, due to the large scale cars... sweeping it clean, it had some very good traction!
I also had my GRP A and (last year's) X tires, but I regret I didn't try them because I was too busy having fun with the bike, and then the car!!!

So, here's a video of the SB-5, taken from the air, with Bill's tetracopter:

TT SB-5 at FRT Track! (7 min 24 sec)

And here's a video of the Anderson M5, taken by John in the pits!

Anderson M5 Cross RC Bike at FRT Track! (2 min 53 sec)

Notice the WOW's from John! Yes, it's Greek, but... the wows I guess are international!!!

Enjoy!

Oh.... I finished 6th in the car race, due to some bad gasket between the carb and the motor, which we found AFTER the race!

haha!
Last edited by steliosh; Mar 25, 2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 05:00 PM
Vzzznnnn...
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined Oct 2010
220 Posts
Nice videos Stelios!!!
vegos is offline Find More Posts by vegos
Old Apr 09, 2014, 05:55 AM
Alexandria, VA (Washington DC)
Joined Jan 2007
359 Posts
test n tune day, not much going on

rcrnv rc bikes vs. rc trike 4/6/14 (8 min 27 sec)
poochy is offline Find More Posts by poochy
Old Apr 13, 2014, 02:37 PM
Joined Jan 2010
29 Posts
season opening in Austria

10 bikers in Mistelbach (www.mm-cc.at)

2 Vids with Jabber 2013 driven by Steff & Bernhard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwsjRV2LrSs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn9DrHNNoGw
vcfuzzi is offline Find More Posts by vcfuzzi
Old Jun 13, 2014, 01:37 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
Had a guy wanting a demonstration of an rc bike yesterday as he had never seen one before,
I got the sb5 out for a blast and knowing his 6yr old son was coming I took a taiyo rc211v along so he could have something to play with.

Straight away when we got there two security guards that ride1:1 bikes came over and wanted a demo of it running as they had never seen one either!
I did a few wheelies and a few runs up and down the carpark and after a million questions they dissapeared raving about it and talking about looking on ebay for one lol

The guy id took the bike over for turned up so I set up the coned track and done some laps so he could get some film,
His son was just loving the rcv and took to it straight away!

After the taiyos battery had run down we decided to call it a day,
The guys son had so much fun with the bike that I gave him it to keep,
Gotta get these kids into rc bikes havent we

also his dad went away a happy man aswell and maybe a future rc biker too!
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675