HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2014, 05:14 PM
Joined Feb 2013
603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert4613 View Post
Yes, the motor does spin ok. I'm going to have to try the servo idea and see what happens. I have another plane that I can temporarily install my Rx into and see what happens there. Maybe I'll get to play with my retracts while I'm at it.
You might have to just call HH leave a call back number and they'll call you back. It sure sounds like you have a bad receiver. My original receiver was toast out of the box. Sometimes it would arm other times it would not. I kept flying until one flight with a fresh battery she just quit responding and came down with only a little bush rash since it landed in tall brush. HH sent out a new receiver and it's been perfect since, knocking on wood.
Jeff……………
I'm always polite but persistent while expressing disappointment. It's a shame about the quality control, I'm just glade I think I got lucky on my Super Cub S and P51 Dallas Doll.
Jeff…………….
SeeMeDo is online now Find More Posts by SeeMeDo
Last edited by SeeMeDo; Yesterday at 09:31 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2014, 06:11 PM
United States, VA, Alexandria
Joined Mar 2014
78 Posts
It must really depend on who you talk to there, or how sweet your voice is! A friend had a problem with his receiver, and HH wanted him to send the whole airplane back - at his expense - even though he'd had it a few weeks and didn't save the box.

Glad it worked out for you.
John Herring is offline Find More Posts by John Herring
Old Dec 23, 2014, 07:16 PM
CAVU morning, to you!
United States, CO, Erie
Joined Aug 2014
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert4613 View Post
Has anyone else experienced where the Trainer switch toggle has broken off? This had someone happened to me when I had left it sitting up in a box on the kitchen counter while I was making repairs to my Apprentice. Although I did locate a push button momentary switch at Radio Shack, I did have to ream out the hole a bit larger, but it does work quite well.
I did the same thing - replaced toggle with momentary. I think they are doing that on factory versions now. Makes a lot sense.
trhodes1 is offline Find More Posts by trhodes1
Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM
Joined Dec 2011
93 Posts
Tail wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightengr View Post
I haven't hooked up a control rod. That might be something that needs tuning once I get it out to a field.
I'm thinking that the caster wheel will go along with whatever the plane is doing, and that the actual rudder will steer the plane on the ground instead of the little wheel. I could be wrong, in which case I'll just route a control rod through the fuse from the rudder servo all the way back to the wheel.
Go ahead and install a control rod. I tried that mod without the control rod and all the plane would do is ground loops

And a MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone.
paul45120 is online now Find More Posts by paul45120
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM
United States, UT, Vernal
Joined Nov 2014
311 Posts
I work for a construction company and I make several calls in a day. My boss and my co workers all say that I am too nice to people when I'm looking for my shipments, my product submittals, my O&Ms, or my product and warranty letters. This was the same way that I had spoken to HH about my situation. But like I had stated earlier I'm sure that they're busy with the holiday season, and the last thing they need is to have to address a problem during this rush rush season.
Robert4613 is online now Find More Posts by Robert4613
Old Today, 07:34 PM
Joined Mar 2013
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul45120 View Post
Go ahead and install a control rod. I tried that mod without the control rod and all the plane would do is ground loops
Thanks for that input. What I've done is put a zip tie in the wheel to limit its range of movement. (See the picture below.) It's not tight, so there's a little freedom to move side to side but not a whole lot. I will ground test that idea and see if the plane still spins in circles or if it won't turn correctly when desired. If it's not working, I'm prepared to add a control rod from the rudder servo all the way back to the tail wheel. The worst part of that process looks like finding the best path for the rod through the fuse and then making a straight tunnel in the foam.
flightengr is offline Find More Posts by flightengr