HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2013, 09:14 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2013
240 Posts
Discussion
Hoten x mods list

Any mods you have done to your hoten x? Don't give me crap saying search the forum you'll find mod parts and replacement parts. I already did that. I don't need to find parts anyway. I'm talking about home-made parts. So far I've only made Copper pipe booms
Dante DAngelo is offline Find More Posts by Dante DAngelo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2014, 01:15 PM
Joined Jan 2013
39 Posts
Velcro strap to secure battery

I used a Velcro strap that came with a battery backup to loop around the battery cage in order to prevent the stock battery from sliding out in a crash. I just cut away the excess velcro.

I did this after finding the battery laying on the ground a few times after some particularly nasty crashes.
GRGanjei is offline Find More Posts by GRGanjei
Old Aug 23, 2014, 12:49 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2013
240 Posts
How did your quad survive?
Dante DAngelo is offline Find More Posts by Dante DAngelo
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:57 AM
Joined Jan 2013
39 Posts
Hoten-X survives because it is easy to repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante DAngelo View Post
How did your quad survive?
Well, this was my first Quad, and really first RC that wasn't a co-axle heli. So, because I was learning, I had lots and lots of crashes.

I've broken the skids, really bent up the arms, bent the motor shafts on a couple of motors, and even broke one of the carbon-fiber pieces that everything is attached to at the center. And, of course, I've broken lots of props. But, fortunately everything besides the motors are really cheap, and even those are not too terrible.

Now, however, I can confidently fly the Hoten-X and it still flies quite nicely with all the replacement pats in it :-)

It survives minor crashes quite nicely. It is only when it has a catastrophic crash (usually due to pilot error) that it suffers any real damage.
GRGanjei is offline Find More Posts by GRGanjei