HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2014, 10:37 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
Found some extra oleo's that might work. These are the same ones that I ended up putting on my Dynam Corsair. It looks like I could mount them on the existing landing gear leg after trimming the plastic back off up to the plastic door openers. Looks promising

Kman
I'll be lurking on this one as the spaghetti weak struts are my main complaint with Dynam. Bent struts on "good" landings is absurd and I'd like to fix these right from the beginning.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2014, 12:06 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
2,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
I'll be lurking on this one as the spaghetti weak struts are my main complaint with Dynam. Bent struts on "good" landings is absurd and I'd like to fix these right from the beginning.
Alan
Well the 3.5mm legs are fine on the stock battery and seem to take even a bad landing quite well. It's just as I mentioned with my battery mod for a much larger and heavier battery the legs bent a bit over a number of landings. They were a bugger to bend back into shape.
I repeat using the stock battery the LG would be fine.
Griphin is offline Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Dec 05, 2014, 12:22 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,691 Posts
Also, keep in mind that the stock wheels are not the best for absorbing landing impacts. Even though they are foam, they are rather thin and hard. In addition to the oleo's, I plan on changing out the wheels to something softer. Some Dubro diamond lites or super lites perform well and look good, as well IMO.

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Dec 05, 2014, 02:18 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
Well the 3.5mm legs are fine on the stock battery and seem to take even a bad landing quite well. It's just as I mentioned with my battery mod for a much larger and heavier battery the legs bent a bit over a number of landings. They were a bugger to bend back into shape.
I repeat using the stock battery the LG would be fine.

I'm going with a modified compartment and heavier battery. Both of the Dynam's I've had, the struts bent if you sneezed on them. Very frustrating.
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Dec 16, 2014, 06:05 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,400 Posts
What an awesome flyer! Even in wind.
Dynam BF 110 Flight Demo (12 min 16 sec)
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2014, 08:00 PM
United States, MN, Odin
Joined Aug 2010
388 Posts
Nice video Ryan and Mike! I would be ordering one right now if I didn't have one sitting here ready to maiden.
Redhood is online now Find More Posts by Redhood
Old Dec 16, 2014, 08:03 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,691 Posts
Nice flying and video!

Can't wait to get mine built and up in the air

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:31 PM
USA, NJ, Red Bank
Joined Sep 2010
246 Posts
Dare I say.........pull the gear out.....glue the doors shut......and hand launch..........much like the P-38 series by J-Power, etc.....2 blade props and belly land............Steve
eggsplurt is offline Find More Posts by eggsplurt
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:37 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
Nice flying and video!

Can't wait to get mine built and up in the air

Kman
Thanks! This bird is a lot of fun, truly unique and has quite a presence. Excellent slow flight and highly aerobatic and spirited when firewalled.

Thanks Kman!
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 12:28 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
2,248 Posts
How much time are you people getting out of the 2200mAH battery? I know with the 2800mAH I wasn't getting quite 4 minutes.
Nice flying there but it would chew though the battery fast.
Griphin is offline Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
2,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggsplurt View Post
Dare I say.........pull the gear out.....glue the doors shut......and hand launch..........much like the P-38 series by J-Power, etc.....2 blade props and belly land............Steve
Eggsplurt.....try this bird with the landing gear and a servo reverser for the flaps first. I fly from grass only.....full elevator up for all ground maneuvers.....no issues. The wheels are exactly the same from the Dynam Waco and GeeBee.....large enough for even taller grasses.

This aircraft handles slow flight with flaps deployed with ease.

I have considered updating mine with counter rotating props.....but for now I am enjoying crabbing from take off. So just be ready for the typical yaw left at take off and apply right rudder as needed. The big wing span and strong motors provide ample lift and thrust to get out of any trouble.

I added LED's and placed my receivers in the cockpit....left my ESC's in the original stock fuselage cavity.....two coats of high gloss Minwax finish for a nice wet look all the time.

I and others on this thread have modified the battery cavity entry to handle larger batteries - I fly with GForce 4s 30c 3300mAh 320grams LiPo for better wind penetration and a little steadier flight behaviors (not quite as floaty). However a heavier plane often requires higher landing speeds.....even with flaps engaged. I'll use 4s 30c 2600 mAh LiPo on a calm day.

This is an excellent flying aircraft and seldom seen at any R/C field....easy to track during flight...and ya......it's over powered.....possible to do mathematically impossible aerobatics in flight if you dare

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is online now Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Last edited by TwistedGrin; Yesterday at 10:16 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Joined Jan 2014
47 Posts
will there be a buide guide for this in the future? would be nice to see what im walking into 1st thx glenn.
axerhand1976 is offline Find More Posts by axerhand1976
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM
Joined Jan 2014
507 Posts
Your BF-110 looks great with those lights, TwistedGrin, nice job.

I've flown a customer's BF-110 on an Admiral 4s 4000mAh 40c. Five seconds with an X-acto knife to cut the corner of the plastic bulkhead in the nose, and the battery slid right in. A snug, perfect fit. No other mods were done. Flew great, unique profile in the air, climbed a little at full throttle, very stable inverted, soft and slow landing even without flaps, no tendency to noseover, easy taxi will full up elevator.
Alpha.MotionRC is offline Find More Posts by Alpha.MotionRC