thanks airmob

still confused as I thought ...
Video Format : AVI
Video Encode : M-JPEG
Video Resolution: 720*480. ****************

Video Frame Rate: 30 fps

that was what I was looking for...
didnt want to spend 40-50$ on #16 / #16v2
perhaps someone wants to tradeup ...let a good #3/#11 go?

just for kicks can anyone Identify ....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-Car-Key...item25699062be

Thanks for you r help
#18 cost 29.9$

Walkeria Dv04 , cost 27$ shipped ..

This 15$ cam is look a very bad pick up from ebay ... I got a similar one years ago for much lesa, before HD key cam arrived on market

e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2013, 04:40 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9000wner View Post
thanks airmob

still confused as I thought ...
Video Format : AVI
Video Encode : M-JPEG
Video Resolution: 720*480. ****************
Video Frame Rate: 30 fps

that was what I was looking for...
didnt want to spend 40-50$ on #16 / #16v2
perhaps someone wants to tradeup ...let a good #3/#11 go?

just for kicks can anyone Identify ....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-Car-Key...item25699062be

Thanks for you r help
Cameras like you are looking for are discussed in the "mega keyfob camera" thread. There's about a dozen of them now, and you might get more input in that thread. I still have a couple of the original #3 cameras in good working condition, but for what they are worth used, it's not worth parting with them.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Apr 02, 2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2013, 03:59 AM
Thatsright I drankthe rum
USA, MN, Robbinsdale
Joined May 2006
1,343 Posts
Ok thanks for the help

over n out
K9000wner is offline Find More Posts by K9000wner
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dututh Air Show
Old Apr 07, 2013, 11:59 PM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
2,892 Posts
Well my #11 has served me well. I was wondering, don't remember reading, can you record and output at the same time with the #11? For micro FPV?
antslake is offline Find More Posts by antslake
Old Apr 08, 2013, 07:06 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
12,037 Posts
Only with the #16 V2, AFAIK.
Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Apr 08, 2013, 07:28 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
Only with the #16 V2, AFAIK.
#18 too

Walkera DV04 also (the cheapest of all in HD, only 27$ shipped)

e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Apr 16, 2013, 02:42 PM
Ελλάς, Αττική, Αθήνα
Joined Apr 2011
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetec View Post
Hi everyone - It's been a good while since I last posted, so I thought I'd share a mod that will eliminate the annoying 'buzzing' sound and/or video artifacts, as the battery starts to run down on your #11 camera. This issue was addressed of course with the launch of the #16, but to the best of my knowledge at the time of posting, still remains a problem with #11.

As a bonus to this relatively simple fix, your battery life should be extended by around 15% (in tests), adding 6 minutes or so to your current recording time using a good 250mAh LiPo cell
The cause of these sound and video issues centres around the stock 3.3V voltage regulator fitted on the front (USB socket side) of the PCB. The IC is a 5-pin SOT-25 device marked 4A2* - the * is the batch code and will be a letter such as B D or C etc. The regulator fitted is a TOREX XC6204332 - datasheet HERE

Technical stuff :

There are two major problems with this factory fitted regulator : 1/ It has a maximum current rating of 150ma, but typically the device has to deliver over 100ma continuously and subsequently gets hot, wasting precious power. 2/ It has a high dropout voltage of 200mv (0.2V) rising to over 300mv at 100ma - this has a marked effect on the available recording time of the camera.

The replacement, a Texas Instruments TPS73633DBVT - datasheet HERE has a rated output current of 400ma, limited at 800ma. As a result it runs cool, disipating very little power.
In contrast, the dropout voltage of the TI regulator is specified at 75mv. However in practise it's much lower than this - I measured a miniscule dropout of just 26mv with a 100ma load.
The NMOS output stage and clever high frequency 4Mhz charge-pump make it a very efficient, low noise and reliable replacement for the original regulator.

I can't recommend this modification highly enough and at a cost of around 65 pence / $1 excluding shipping, makes it a very worthwhile and satifying mod. You may even be able to get a free sample from the TI website.
Yes, the regulator can be a bit fiddly to swap out if you're not used to handling surface mount devices, but after disconnecting the battery you can wrap the whole PCB in tin foil, neatly cutting out a small square hole where the regulator is. This will prevent solder splashes getting onto the PCB, as well as acting as a perfect anti-static sheild for the board. By far the easiest way to remove the IC, is to surround it in flux paste and heat the plastic package directly until the solder on all five legs melts. It can then be gently lifted off the board with a pair of fine-tipped tweezers.

You will notice from the TOREX datasheet that pin 4 is not used - NC (no connection), while the TI device uses this pin for a noise reduction capacitor (NR).
It appears that the the camera manufacturers decided to fit a 10nf capacitor to the PCB to cover all eventualities when sourcing 'equivalent' components.
If required, the value of this capacitor, circled in yellow on the third photo, can be increased in value from 10nf to 100nf to acheive a noise level of below 30 microvolts using the TI device specified here.

Have fun - Richard
Hello,

I made this mod to my second gen #11, the one after the initial batch, which allows you to install no timestamp firmware. A quite early batch.
The PCB differs a little though to the photos that have been uploaded.
It does not have a capacitor or diode above and to the left of the voltage regulator. Here is the PCB with the LDO removed.
Name: DSCN1841.jpg
Views: 68
Size: 197.1 KB
Description:

However the mod fixed the low voltage buzzing in sound the battery life got shorter instead of better.
Before the mod the battery lasted for 37mins recording @10.8K bitrate @4K cluster size formatted card @ Rel 1 firmware.
After 29mins 30 sec the buzzing was present to the video.

After the mod the battery lasts for 29mins 50sec. Exactlly as it is with the stock voltage regulator with no buzzing.
So I lost 7mins of recording time actually.
Hopefully the video is still saved if the battery gets exhausted.

By the way. I found easier to cut the chip`s legs with a sharp surgical blade, just being careful not to cut any traces on the PCB.
Then it was very easy to unsolder the remaining individual legs and solder back a fresh TI TPS73633DBVT with the help of a pen soldering iron and a ERSA 0832UD/SB tip. Using this tip I could even desolder and solder back a 0402 resistor.

Ohh, for anyone insterested the capacitor size is 0402, as it is with almost the majority of the SMD components there.

A good mod but unfortunately is not good for my version of PCB as it seems.

Modifications to reduce audio interference

This mod, the resistor and the capacitor, did not worked either. One camera has white noise if ambient audio level is low or it is quite/noone speaks, etc. If it is then the camera starts increasing the white noise level but if there is a sufficient audio level then it keeps the white noise level low.
Like it is trying to maintain a sound level to a given value or something, either with actual sound or white noise.

PS. I am very happy with both of my early #11`s. Both running Release 1 "exposure control" firmware, capturing at 10.7K bitrate with very sharp image and no focusing problems either if it is a close or distant capture.
And I DO like the colors as mostly I shoot personal videos (my kid) and vacation stuff.
air_crash is offline Find More Posts by air_crash
Old Apr 16, 2013, 02:55 PM
Ελλάς, Αττική, Αθήνα
Joined Apr 2011
316 Posts
Just to add, from what I believe the TPS73633DBVT voltage regulator changed the following:
It did not helped at all with its lower dropout voltage as it shuts down by the low voltage triggering (Enable pin of the LDO) when battery gets low.
So if I needed to extend the battery life I would had to mod the output of the "enable" output - I think.
As soon as the "enable" voltage gets low and the Torex LDO would start giving buzzing the TI LDO now shuts down.

So, it is far easier, safer and cost efficient to just replace the cover of the camera to a new bigger type and the battery to a 502030 (which fits with the help of the bigger case) or 602035 (which I wait to see if it fits).
air_crash is offline Find More Posts by air_crash
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:50 PM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Looks like the 808 #26 is going to be a bit bigger. I have the 720p version that does the 120 degree angle of view. What AOV does the new 26 have? Looks more narrow. Will they do a 120 degree version?
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Old Apr 21, 2013, 06:21 PM
not running for the exercise
Joined Jan 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
Looks like the 808 #26 is going to be a bit bigger. I have the 720p version that does the 120 degree angle of view. What AOV does the new 26 have? Looks more narrow. Will they do a 120 degree version?
Any information that is currently available, is in this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1867332
airmob is offline Find More Posts by airmob
Old Apr 21, 2013, 06:37 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
I don't have this camera for evaluation yet, but most likely the 1280x720 video is a sub-sampled smaller area of the bigger 1080p imager. This smaller portion of the imager reduces the apparent AOV of the recorded image proportionally. It's probable the lens has an AOV close to 120 deg. to fully cover the 1920x1080 imager pixel array with enough over-coverage to eliminate much of the vignetting that occurs naturally at the extreme edges of the lens.

Once someone can get a sample camera in hand to do some testing, this is all speculation, however.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old May 23, 2013, 04:40 AM
United Kingdom, England, Blackburn
Joined May 2013
10 Posts
Optimum Settings

All.

Please could the good folk on here suggest to me the optimum settings for the 808 #16 V2 camera that would give me maximum recording time on a 32GB class 4 micro SD card.

My only Two requirements are best quality (HD) video and date / time stamp.

What would be the approximate maximum recording time I could expect from the suggested settings using the aforementioned 32GB card ?

The camera would be used in my truck and would be permenently connected to a power supply.

Regards, The Soulman.
The Soulman is offline Find More Posts by The Soulman
Old May 23, 2013, 06:11 AM
not running for the exercise
Joined Jan 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soulman View Post
All.

Please could the good folk on here suggest to me the optimum settings for the 808 #16 V2 camera that would give me maximum recording time on a 32GB class 4 micro SD card.

What would be the approximate maximum recording time I could expect from the suggested settings using the aforementioned 32GB card ?

The camera would be used in my truck and would be permenently connected to a power supply.

Regards, The Soulman.
You've accidentally posted in the wrong thread, you want the #16 thread that you've previously posted in.
airmob is offline Find More Posts by airmob
Old May 23, 2013, 09:20 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soulman View Post
All.

Regards, The Soulman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmob View Post
You've accidentally posted in the wrong thread, you want the #16 thread that you've previously posted in.
Besides being in the wrong thread, the max. recording times have been posted a few times in both this thread and the #16 thread. The recording times of the #16 are the same as the #11 which is approx. 10 hours for a 32GB card. The times vary with movement and lighting. I only use 7mb/s data rate because I see no difference between the 7mb/s and the 10mb/s settings. If you use 10mb/s I expect you'll get considerably less recording time.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Jun 17, 2013, 02:37 PM
United States, IL
Joined Aug 2012
284 Posts
Just received this camera from this guy. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1910359

and really the video quality is really crappy. is this real #11?

lightfighter363 is offline Find More Posts by lightfighter363
Closed Thread