Find More Posts by CosmicTheLawless
Law abiding citizen.
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2014
18 Posts
Discussion
Micro Vtx for micro quad.

Hello everyone,

I just would like some advice on what would be the best video transmitter for my little micro quad I have built. Obviously the lighter the better so I can get longer flight times. Here is a picture of the build in question. The only requirements I have is that it outputs 5.8GHz and it supports FatShark frequencies . I am trying to find something in the 200mw range for power.

The build so far is:
  • AlienWii FC
  • Carbon mini H frame
  • Dark edition motors
  • Hubsan Propellers (I also have some slightly bigger rolling parrot ones)
  • Lemon DSM2 receiver
  • 750 mAh 1s Nano tech batteries
  • Taranis X9D+ with OrangeRX
  • Dominator V2 with 5.8GHz module

This is the camera I plan on using for it.

I have found a few places that sell what I want but nothing quite ideal. I found this but I read at the bottom that the frequencies it outputs are not supported by FatShark . Does anyone know where to source something this small that supports my needs? All the others I find seem to be for larger (250 sized) multirotors which are too heavy for my micro.

Power regulation isn't a problem, I have a few 3.3v and 5v regulators laying around from other projects. These are from the site Pololu and are really good quality.

Thanks for your time.
CosmicTheLawless is offline Find More Posts by CosmicTheLawless
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2015, 10:19 PM
Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
Team Warpsquad
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2009
1,167 Posts
Altituderc 25mw vtx which has output power for cam. It actually puts out 50+mw which I'm finding plenty on mine.

Also I would consider swaping those motors for 0820-15 motors with parrot rolling spider props.
Mr.Aaron is online now Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
Old Apr 06, 2015, 12:45 AM
Find More Posts by CosmicTheLawless
Law abiding citizen.
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2014
18 Posts
Okay sweet thanks I'll look into that one.

Will this have enough power to let me fly inside and around my house whilst sitting on my couch or on the deck?

Are these the motors you mean? Is this like when increase prop size you must decrease KV and those are lower KV motors?
CosmicTheLawless is offline Find More Posts by CosmicTheLawless
Old Apr 06, 2015, 06:18 AM
Find More Posts by marbelo
Brazil
Joined Jan 2014
270 Posts
I saw several cases where this TX has been used with success. You will need a 5v step-up voltage regulator (e.g. pololu u3v12f5 or the one of fpvhobby)

The black motor serie get very hot when used with parrot props, thatīs why it is not recommended.
marbelo is online now Find More Posts by marbelo