New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:48 AM
Find More Posts by ChuckA
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,403 Posts
Discussion
TattleTale Location

I am having trouble finding a location for mounting the TattleTale in the super skinny fuselage of my new sailplane. The only place I can mount the TattleTale and still see the led from the hatch is closer than I like to the receiver antenna. Is there any recommended minimum separation between the TattleTale and the Nano? I would hate to get to the field and have a range check problem.
ChuckA is offline Find More Posts by ChuckA
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2015, 01:53 AM
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,530 Posts
The recommend separation between the antenna and any metal or wires is 2". A range test is the only way to know if the installation is correct. You should also be doing range tests periodically anyways. Most clubs require one before every day of flying.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 27, 2015, 07:28 AM
Find More Posts by ChuckA
Tennessee
Joined Sep 2003
2,403 Posts
Since the TattleTale has wires, looks like I will have to not install it in the new sailplane. This will be my only model without a TattleTale. Since my sailplanes often fly at extreme range, I feel a lot more comfortable with a TattleTale to monitor my receiver. I even have a TattleTale in my electric sailplane to monitor the Lipo voltage at the end of the 30 second climb.
ChuckA is offline Find More Posts by ChuckA
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:56 AM
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,530 Posts
Just range test it. You will likely find it has no affect at all on the range. I would say that 95% of our customers do not follow the rules for the antenna separation.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member