New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:11 PM
Find More Posts by Williamo
United States, SC, York
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Discussion
GoPro no longer sending analog video through USB port

My GoPro Hero 3 (Silver) is no longer sending analog video through USB port. I tested all the pins on the USB cable and they show continuity. Nevertheless, I ordered another cable from eBay. The USB port still transfers files to my computer. I have three possible explanations: (1) faulty cable - after testing the pins I have almost ruled this out; having at one point mistakenly plugged the cables on the incorrect pins to my Fatshark tx (red, yellow, black) and burning something inside the cam; the ID pin may have been changed after the latest GoPro software update - I have my phone app set to update the cam software automatically. This latest sound a bit cuckoo but with so many no-brand cheap USB analog cables out there it would seem smart for the company to render them unusable. I admit it is probably my cam hardware as I haven't seen any outcry from FPV-GoPro users.

I am waiting to hear back from GoPro on this. I have read on other blogs that GoPro discourages the use of their cam for FPV so I wonder what type of support they can provide on this issue.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
Williamo is offline Find More Posts by Williamo
Last edited by Williamo; Feb 11, 2015 at 12:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts