Old Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Find More Posts by mutha
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
3,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
I know 'steffenland' is being VERY LAZY by asking someone to do all his work. Like anyone else he SHOULD read the entire thread to work out his best options.

But on the other hand when your looking to flip through a 500+ page thread with 7500+ posts, one must admit that is a tall order.

The starter OP of this thread 'rclab1' posted the first message on Nov 16, 2010, 12:17 AM (almost 5 years ago) has most likely lost total interest in the thread and the P2K.

What I'd like to see from OP thread starters is to follow through by updating the first post with links to useful posts in the thread or to external threads/posts for new-comers.

A VERY good example of this is the #16 Keycam thread maintained by Tom Frank.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994

Perhaps a new thread should be created by someone passionate about the P2K and call it -
"Phoenix 2000 - HINTS and TIPS - All You NEED to KNOW"
But the problem s getting newcomers to use it/find it as their first port of call when searching for P2K help.

All that pointless crud said, what I generally do when I want to hints/tips/ideas/mod/info about a new model is jump here on RCGroups and search for threads about the plane that sound promising, then read at least the first few pages, then change to 'show attachments in this thread', as pictures are worth a thousand words, as they say! Finally if that fails I'll start asking questions. But certainly not a 'Tell me everything I need to know in ONE post' !!!!

-B!LL!

For the record and for 'steffenland' : All you need is the stock P2K with 2200mAh and mod it for operational flaps and just few other mods that anyone worth their salt can figure out for themselves. But it's also good to hunt around for ideas that others have come up with.
Well said!

Only other thing for any one new to the hobby or this plane is to know it is a Glider! and needs to be flown as one - If you start trying to loop harshly or roll it all over the place bits are going to fall off or break and it will be ugly. Slope, thermal, climb and glide - this plane doesn't do any of them fantastically well but it does do them well enough and is a great entry level glider - I absolutely love my second one . . . The first one left home and we think a tree ate it but it never even sent a post card so I have decided to write it out of my will ....
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM
Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
3,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
Well said!

I absolutely love my second one . . . The first one left home and we think a tree ate it but it never even sent a post card so I have decided to write it out of my will ....
Hehe Love that! .

I wonder if it ran off with my son in laws quad??
Grantham Kid is offline Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM
Find More Posts by BilleFly
Joined Dec 2010
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
Well said!

The first one left home and we think a tree ate it but it never even sent a post card so I have decided to write it out of my will ....
Don't Ya just Hate that ?
I had a Few , Flying prodigal children, do that to me over the years ; i
wrote them All, out of my will !!!

Bille
BilleFly is offline Find More Posts by BilleFly
Old Today, 09:45 AM
Find More Posts by CaptainPasty
United Kingdom, England, Plymouth
Joined Aug 2012
41 Posts
My Phoenix 2000 on a local slope......

Slope Soaring Whitsand Bay (5 min 13 sec)
CaptainPasty is online now Find More Posts by CaptainPasty