SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 15, 2015, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by St. Martin
Big gov never Works
Skunk Water, Rhode Island
Joined Jul 2002
12,707 Posts
Good for you! Pretty fast for such a small fan.

Fuzz
St. Martin is offline Find More Posts by St. Martin
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:54 PM
Find More Posts by EpicFlight
Joined Feb 2008
15 Posts
Finishing up some last details of my 3rd HP F-16 before glassing and painting it. This is going to be a the last one I build and im looking to go as fast as possible on 4s...the current setup is a HET 2w-20 on the 6904 fan with a Tsunami 72 ESC............however...I do have a CC ICE 100 laying around and I'd like to run the ARC 28-47-1........Anybody know if they still make this motor or its equivent?

I added a DR MAD THRUST 70mm Afterburner and it looks awesome! $15 shipped from HK

I also added a NACA Duct to cool the battery
EpicFlight is offline Find More Posts by EpicFlight
Old Yesterday, 12:33 AM
Find More Posts by sniper1
Crawley Down, sussex, England
Joined Dec 2004
369 Posts
Looks nice with the afterburner ring! But I didn't see a thrust tube in the pictures? If your going for max speed, a thrust tube will help. Just get the right thrust alignment.
sniper1 is offline Find More Posts by sniper1
Old Yesterday, 01:08 AM
Find More Posts by Groovechampion
Micro enthusiast
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
848 Posts
Nice work!

I have just done the same.... Im still trying to work out how to program the LED ring to only kick in at a certain throttle range.

And I have seen that some people have made it flicker in an out of life, just like the real thing, I think they added a diode to the circuit?

My other thing Im doing with mine is adding some sort of light cover at the rear so the ring doens illuminate the whole tail section.
Groovechampion is offline Find More Posts by Groovechampion
Old Yesterday, 03:29 AM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
12,707 Posts
Quote:
however...I do have a CC ICE 100 laying around and I'd like to run the ARC 28-47-1
I have run the ARC 28-47-1(Kv4250) in the minifan pro, on 4s. I had to use a Castle 120PH. At high timing it was 110-115A. The 6904 is a higher load fan. You will need to run the ESC at low timing to get it down around 85-90A. I used a 4s-4000 Zippy. And even at low timing, it was a short flight. Not to mention the weight of the battery.

The ARC's Kv falls between two HET motors. The 1W-30(4400Kv) and 1W-35(4000Kv). These are brute motors, and require brute battery's to support them. With a 4s system, to obtain these watts consumed, means a lot of weight. And the added weight in construction for strength. It will need to fly fast, and a breezy day for slower landing speed.

Fuzz
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM
Joined Feb 2008
15 Posts
Working on the thrust tube now...I downloaded that cone layout program that I found in a different thread..

https://www.conelayout.com/

I ran the 2w-20 on my CC ICE 100 for a few seconds at full throttle and when I checked the data with a castle link it said I was pulling 90amps!! at 1350 watts.
Im not sure how long the 2W-20 could handle that before it explodes but I know the specs on the ARC 28-47-1 are rated 50amp/500 w Max......much lower that the 2W-20....

The ICE has a limiter of 150AMPs witch is normal and goes to 175amps for its High setting. Not sure if it will handle that in the real world though
Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM
Joined Feb 2008
15 Posts
I adjusted the timing to 18 degrees and 16KHZ as listed on the HET website for this motor and got 73.8 AMPS and 1133wats. seems legit.

I don't know how it came up with 140,000 rpms though????
Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM
Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Gorilla Glue Expert
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,988 Posts
You need to set the motor pole count to get that corrected.
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
12,707 Posts
This is with 4s? Something is wrong if so. The 2W-20 is a 4s motor in the Minifan or HET 6904. You should be getting around 45-50A on the HET fan, on 4s.

ARC ratings are far conservative. I ran mine at 80-115A on 4s, depending on timing and batterys. And cool clamp. Ran it on 5s in a 64mm cut down minifan. An HET motor will die if used that far over factory specs. Mega motors are similarly advertised on the low side.

The only problem running the ARC that high in power is the fan balance. The ARC should have a 4mm shaft, for that much power. It was it's weak point. I still use my ARC's. But I like the 28-47-1.5(5s) or the 28-47-2(6s). The -1 is a hot Kv motor, and anything over 900W deserves atleast a 5s, for less amp draw and smaller Mah batteries.

Quote:
I adjusted the timing to 18 degrees and 16KHZ as listed on the HET website for this motor and got 73.8 AMPS and 1133wats. seems legit.
You sure this is 4s and/or a 2W-20? Possibly the Castle info is incorrect? It has real world rating of 60A on 4s. http://www.highendrc.com/index_eprod...products_id=35

Fuzz
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM
Joined Feb 2008
15 Posts
Yup... 4s..... a six year old Thunder Power 3850mah 30c.

Before I adjusted the timing to what HET recommends it was pulling 90amps and 1330 wats
Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM
Big gov never Works
Joined Jul 2002
12,707 Posts
Then the Castle info is faulty, or the 2W-20 has a wrong wind.