HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2013, 10:08 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,086 Posts
Discussion
Jeti with Spektrum

Some nice diagram and visuals there to do a Jeti set up with the Orange Tx from hobby kings. Some German but the diagrams tell it all

http://www.jetiforum.de/media/kunena...ufSpektrum.pdf
Puttputtmaru is offline Find More Posts by Puttputtmaru
Last edited by Puttputtmaru; Nov 03, 2013 at 08:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2013, 01:19 AM
Joined Apr 2013
255 Posts
That's the one that I intend to follow...got the Orange TX on the way already...and I order my DC-16C today
Dansy is offline Find More Posts by Dansy
Old Nov 05, 2013, 10:59 AM
Jeti USA Flight Team
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2013
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
That's the one that I intend to follow...got the Orange TX on the way already...and I order my DC-16C today
Dansy, Im very interested to see how you do it and package it... Please share your findings..

thanks
La jetguy is offline Find More Posts by La jetguy
Old Nov 05, 2013, 11:06 PM
Joined Apr 2013
255 Posts
Will do once I get all the parts in....I got a plastic box today, but I may make in plexiglass or wood to custom size it.....I will take a few shots once I'm done, indoor is pretty nice for the somewhat long winter.....and while I started flying F3P type airplane this year....I still also have a few BNF....
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:18 PM
Jeti USA Flight Team
Joined Oct 2013
350 Posts
Quote:
Will do once I get all the parts in....I got a plastic box today, but I may make in plexiglass or wood to custom size it.....I will take a few shots once I'm done, indoor is pretty nice for the somewhat long winter.....and while I started flying F3P type airplane this year....I still also have a few BNF....
Dansy,.. did you make the setup?? please share your findings
Old Nov 12, 2013, 07:02 PM
Joined Apr 2013
255 Posts
Well I still haven't receive my orange back plate TX...so last week I reorder some stuff from HK and I also got the DIY orange transmitter.....and I just received that today from FedEx.....and it work really well, I have a club meeting tonight on my way there....so I will take some Picts tomorrow.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 08:57 AM
Joined Apr 2013
255 Posts
Now I whipped this box after my club meeting last night....very crud...the box that I purchases for this project was just too big so until I make one the proper size or find one.... here what I'm using....

A Savox Servo box! The only spare receiver I had was a R9 but I will change it when I get my next order in.....I'm using the DIY Orange TX, a cheap bench switch (HK) but I do have a spare digi dual switch that I'm planning to use, and voila, can be any simpler.

Connections.....
-2S Lipo battery going into the switch
-Switch OUT going into the IN Battery port of the receiver
-Power up the Jeti TX and bind the R9 (or what ever RCVR you use)
-TX Signal, + and - Power into the Data Port of the receiver (it power the TX just fine)
-Make sure you have the antenna connected....that is a warning that come with the orange TX.
-Bind the model to the Orange TX
-Remove Bind plug from the model re-power the model and fly.....I did have to customized each models in term of channel used and so on...but that is just normal set-up....

I tried 2 models this morning and it works fine ) Once I get some time and make a box for it....I will post it
Last edited by Dansy; Nov 13, 2013 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Can't write without coffee.....or with sometime!
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:55 AM
Jeti USA Flight Team
Joined Oct 2013
350 Posts
Quote:
Now I whipped this box after my club meeting last night....very crud...the box that I purchases for this project was just too big so until I make one the proper size or find one.... here what I'm using....

A Savox Servo box! The only spare receiver I had was a R9 but I will change it when I get my next order in.....I'm using the DIY Orange TX, a cheap bench switch (HK) but I do have a spare digi dual switch that I'm planning to use, and voila, can be any simpler.

Connections.....
-2S Lipo battery going into the switch
-Switch OUT going into the IN Battery port of the receiver
-Power up the Jeti TX and bind the R9 (or what ever RCVR you use)
-TX Signal, + and - Power into the Data Port of the receiver (it power the TX just fine)
-Make sure you have the antenna connected....that is a warning that come with the orange TX.
-Bind the model to the Orange TX
-Remove Bind plug from the model re-power the model and fly.....I did have to customized each models in term of channel used and so on...but that is just normal set-up....

I tried 2 models this morning and it works fine ) Once I get some time and make a box for it....I will post it
that is great Thanks .. what is the purpose of the red push button and the other small item next to it on the top of the lid??
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:18 AM
Joined Apr 2013
255 Posts
It's to binding switch to bing to the model...and the light is the bind/signal light depending on what you bind into and while you bing into...ie DSM2 or DSMX.

Now I got my lost order.....so I now have the Orange TX back plate as well now, after work tomorrow I will whip that one together....it's pretty much the same, so very simple, but you do need some pins (3 at least) and a servo cable (I make my own to size) I will post some photo's...

The one thing that sort of bug me, that I didn't taught about is the need to rebind the model every time you change models....I did remember quickly that it was in the Memory of the TX not the Backplate....so now I need to redo my F3P plane or keep rebinding them....I might have to get some light receivers from europe....

These by the way are NOT my invention/idea.....I just copy what I seen on different forums, but I had seen the DIY TX on HK site before and I did intend to try, but seen it done by others make thing much simpler.....
Last edited by Dansy; Nov 15, 2013 at 12:20 AM. Reason: can't write at night either.....
Old Nov 15, 2013, 02:27 AM
Jeti USA Flight Team
Joined Oct 2013
350 Posts
Thank you Dansy... I don't mind rebinding when I change model. Please post your final pictures.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 06:42 PM
Joined Apr 2013
255 Posts
Ok so I just made an extension to power up the back-plate TX and hook it up on a R4i using ppm slot 4 connected a lipo 2s to any port to power both of them....

I then power up a dsm2 receiver and bound it with the Orange TX works like a charm.....

I haven't installed it in a box yet....next time I go in town (1hr away) I will get some proper size box and installed all this properly (no need for this at the moment) :roll eyes:

Its as simple as the DIY TX except you need to solder the 3 pins...what about 5 minutes.
Old Apr 02, 2014, 09:53 PM
Wren, Fromeco, JetiUSA, Esprit
Joined Feb 2008
124 Posts
Orange conversion box

RL5 (now I have a 4 in it).. set to Pos PPM out 22mSec output 8 channels

It drives all the spectrum bind and fly stuff.. It works great..

the pic is pretty self explanatory

I have an A123 in it.. the setup needs something between 6 and 8.4 volts, so a Lipo or A123 or 6 cell nickel.. A 5 cell nickel can fall below 6 volts, which is the listed min for the Orange transmitter.. I can fly all weekend on one charge if I cut it on and off..

The transmitter has a button that switches it between DSM2 11 ms and 22 ms, and DSMX 11ms and 22ms.. the LED flashes to tell you which mode it binds in.. you just have to remember which model uses what modulation..

What I did in the Jeti transmitter is label the model, such as MIG 22X.. which reminds me which mode to use when I select the model.. It actually works very well.. I fly the little mig, mustang, RC350, and Geebee with it.. the BNF stuff..
GooseF22 is offline Find More Posts by GooseF22
Last edited by GooseF22; Apr 03, 2014 at 12:32 AM.
Old Apr 03, 2014, 08:59 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,086 Posts
My Orange transmitter was broken when I received it and I have been waiting for ages for them to be back in stock

Will this one work too?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_module.html
Old Apr 05, 2014, 08:23 AM
Joined Apr 2013
255 Posts
Yes it the same without the case.....that's the one I'm using.....
Old Apr 05, 2014, 09:06 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,086 Posts
Thanks I will order one