SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:21 AM
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
Discussion
How can I get a new Peaks motor?

I just flew my new Peaks last week for the second time and after 1 good flight all of a sudden the motor started "chattering" instead of spinning when I attempted a 2nd flight for the day.

1st flight was flawless. I simply changed the battery (4S 2200) and the chattering began upon throttle-up.

I bought the plane about 6 weeks ago but just started flying it. Is the motor under any kind of warranty? I went to Nitro's website and saw that the motor ($36.00 - wow!) is out of stock.

Is there a way I can get this motor replaced or do I have to wait an eternity and pay for a new one?

Thanks
steambc is offline Find More Posts by steambc
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
Peaks Biplane

I have a similar problem in that the throttle went to full when I inadvertently turned off my tx and the prop ingested the battery hatch. After contacting their tech site and sales, they needed more info as they didn't know what a battery hatch was. After several emails they suggested I purchase a new fuselage as the battery hatch is NOT available separately! You might try emailing sales, my neighbor has had some success with them. I have had no success whatsoever and will not deal with them in the future...peaks biplane...tail surfaces are warped, parts were missing, and pilot floating around the cockpit. The few times they have responded they always ask for more information. I don't think any of them have seen any of their airplanes before...
tribike65 is offline Find More Posts by tribike65
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:12 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steambc View Post
I just flew my new Peaks last week for the second time and after 1 good flight all of a sudden the motor started "chattering" instead of spinning when I attempted a 2nd flight for the day.

1st flight was flawless. I simply changed the battery (4S 2200) and the chattering began upon throttle-up.

I bought the plane about 6 weeks ago but just started flying it. Is the motor under any kind of warranty? I went to Nitro's website and saw that the motor ($36.00 - wow!) is out of stock.

Is there a way I can get this motor replaced or do I have to wait an eternity and pay for a new one?

Thanks
What is your order number for the plane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribike65 View Post
I have a similar problem in that the throttle went to full when I inadvertently turned off my tx and the prop ingested the battery hatch. After contacting their tech site and sales, they needed more info as they didn't know what a battery hatch was. After several emails they suggested I purchase a new fuselage as the battery hatch is NOT available separately! You might try emailing sales, my neighbor has had some success with them. I have had no success whatsoever and will not deal with them in the future...peaks biplane...tail surfaces are warped, parts were missing, and pilot floating around the cockpit. The few times they have responded they always ask for more information. I don't think any of them have seen any of their airplanes before...
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie View Post
It's order #yhst-17210252890263-304904
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:44 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined Jul 2011
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steambc View Post
It's order #yhst-17210252890263-304904
Let me check with the parts department to see if they have the motor for the plane, if they do I'll send you a RMA to have it returned and exchanged.

Update: So i got the motor from the parts department, I'll send you the RMA to have it returned and exchanged.

-Charlie
RaidenCharlie is offline Find More Posts by RaidenCharlie
Last edited by RaidenCharlie; Dec 11, 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie View Post
Let me check with the parts department to see if they have the motor for the plane, if they do I'll send you a RMA to have it returned and exchanged.

Update: So i got the motor from the parts department, I'll send you the RMA to have it returned and exchanged.

-Charlie
Awesome, Charlie. I genuinely appreciate that. I'll take care of it right away.

Thanks so much.