SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Apr 2004
46 Posts
Discussion
electronics advice

hey guys rebuilding an MK1 and as i look through these pages im getting more motivated to get it running rather than leave it a static model.anyway i put HOR plastics on it and will use an HOR rider so im not worried about scratching it.it came with all the vintage kyosho hop ups including the dm20 motor and the vintage kyosho electrics.should i run as is?or can anyone recommend a good brushless system?
bigmd is offline Find More Posts by bigmd
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:53 PM
London
Joined Aug 2006
33 Posts
EZ Run brushless systems are good , you want something like a

18A ESC+18T/5200Kv motor

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EZRun-Comb...item27b65ba328
turbod is offline Find More Posts by turbod
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:54 PM
Joined Apr 2004
46 Posts
if i was to just use the kyosho stuff thats in there all i would need is an AM radio right?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:06 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Hey pal... Yeah pretty sure that's all you'll need, just keep in mind they are quite slow standard, even with the faster motor... And the run time is relatively short aswell... And unless the bike is fully ball raced it may cut out alot due to over heating the esc... At least mine was with the 600mAmp batteries... If you have the coin, the brushless system really is the way to go... It also gives you the option of tuning the power delivery, and braking set up too... And they're also lipo friendly...

Just keep in mind with your rider options there... The HOR won't fit on the MK1 chassis without a fair few mods... I have a comple chassis set up with rider controls if you want it..?
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Last edited by Lukey B; Nov 26, 2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:58 AM
Joined Apr 2004
46 Posts
Lukey what kind of mods does it need?