SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Today, 07:34 AM
chuck
Joined Sep 2013
27 Posts
Discussion
motor cutting out

I could use some expert help. Let me give details first...aquastar t20 motor, aquastar 200a esc, castle 10a bec, spektrum dx5 with ar610 receiver, 2 traxxas 5000mah, 25c 11.1 volt lipos. I have power to receiver, power to esc. At neutral theesc beeps once and is ready to go. When I give throttle, it runs fine for about 3 to 5 seconds, then cuts out...I can go back to neutral and get it to run again until it cuts out again in 3 seconds. Motor and esc never get above room temp even after repeating this several times. Any ideas? Suggestions? Hopefully its just a simple fix and I am being boneheaded! Thank you!
cwurst is online now Find More Posts by cwurst
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 08:00 AM
Kid at heart..
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Apr 2014
178 Posts
I don't know what is causing it, but have you calibrated your remote throttle to the ESC?
hangtheman is online now Find More Posts by hangtheman
Old Today, 08:15 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
4,986 Posts
Hi Chuck,

How are you using this motor, in Y or D wind?
How are the two Lipo's connected, in series, or in parallel?
What boat are you powering and what size and pitch prop is used?

Depending on thew load and the configuration, it's very well possible the 25C packs can't deliver the current for the motor, which causes the ESC to shut down.

We need more info to make an accurate guestimate...

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is offline Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Today, 09:50 AM
chuck
Joined Sep 2013
27 Posts
Not quite sure how to properly calibrate tx to esc. As for your questions, Jan, batteries are in line (for higher power) and the motor is not hooked up to drive shaft. Motor is rigged for 730kv. Btw... boat is 48", 20 lbs. ! But I dont think these are in play yet because of drive not hooked up.
cwurst is online now Find More Posts by cwurst