SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 27, 2014, 05:12 PM
Bulgaria, Sofia-grad, Sofia
Joined Feb 2012
1,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbcn View Post
Today Merçe holiday in Barcelona, ​​we have used to refine the theme:

Added another battery and 5000 mah 4S. placed in parallel with each other. Consequences = 10000 mah to get by and counter-provision your WEIGHT is excessive.
For video I take March 1 S and 1500 mah.

The other improvement that allows the piece to speak, with incidence engine mount is that you can put a propeller 11 and 7 step here.

TOTAL WEIGHT:

3642 grams, YES !!! repeat 3642 grs.

Push good good lift, remember to give engine to push those weights, but not going down !!!!.
Were not required to activate or flaps for takeoff or landing.

great:

10A consumption in cruise, if you removed engine very well planned with a corresponding progressive decline but well. On takeoff I took him to consumption 45-50 A. 2 seconds, no more, to quickly lower the flight regime 12 - 13 - 14-15 etc. but we could say that cruising 10 or 11, depends on the wind and etc.

We believe that the next update will be to strengthen the wings, everything and I put another tube inside, should be strengthened wings to the end ..., flex enough. And with these weights we could get into critical positions, better not to risk.

CONCLUSION:

Content, we are on the line and take it for good, the progression of thinning has been positive, with better weight, 1050 KV motor and bigger, 11x7 propeller.

I hope this information so provide guidance for finarlo and fly.

Health, luck and greetings.
I am so glad that you are having a great time with this plane!! Keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorcharlie View Post
Hi Guys!

I am using stock pnp version of the EX and the yaw on takeoff is terrible. I am using 4s and using the default CG. I have never crashed but the guys in the field just keep mocking at me. How could this be fixed!?
The guys at my field didn't pay much attention to the right YAW on take off, but they did notice the wing flex before I reinforced it. Once the plane did a 90 min flight and covered 80kms... they are not so fast to laugh now!! Haha

Some people say that stretching the landing gear to create a wider track helps reduce the YAW effect. Accelerating slowly up to take off speed supposedly also works. Sadly I do not have the distance to try this out, where I fly if the plane is not airborne in 20 meters it hits the bushes at full speed!!!
Arxangel is online now Find More Posts by Arxangel
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2014, 06:54 AM
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Jan 2013
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel View Post
I am so glad that you are having a great time with this plane!! Keep it up.

The guys at my field didn't pay much attention to the right YAW on take off, but they did notice the wing flex before I reinforced it. Once the plane did a 90 min flight and covered 80kms... they are not so fast to laugh now!! Haha

Some people say that stretching the landing gear to create a wider track helps reduce the YAW effect. Accelerating slowly up to take off speed supposedly also works. Sadly I do not have the distance to try this out, where I fly if the plane is not airborne in 20 meters it hits the bushes at full speed!!!

If you have this problem, install FLAPS. It will air in less than 20 meters

Arxangel:
If this plane flies me well it's thanks to your piece of 11. The incidence is OK
Thank you very much.
rcbcn is offline Find More Posts by rcbcn
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:38 AM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
788 Posts
i'm curious about using CCW props and see either can help solving yawing issue here.

Anybody?
Meez is offline Find More Posts by Meez
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:14 PM
Bulgaria, Sofia-grad, Sofia
Joined Feb 2012
1,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meez View Post
i'm curious about using CCW props and see either can help solving yawing issue here.

Anybody?
I've been thinking about testing with pusher props, but sadly there are no Pushers from the 10-12x7SF props that I use!!
Arxangel is online now Find More Posts by Arxangel
Old Sep 29, 2014, 06:50 AM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
788 Posts
Several days ago i installed 9x6 ccw prop on my 1680 sw with 1900mm wing to try eliminate left roll but didn't help to solve the problem. No yawing issue just left roll. At last i realised the wing tip slightly wrapped. Not so serious so i left everything including ccw prop installed.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 07:00 AM
3D Crazy
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Joined May 2010
788 Posts
i really think that someone should try ccw props and see how is the yawing.

Nowaday it isn't hard to get those props because of multirotors flyers are everywhere. I'm very busy at the moment and will try to complete my jobs ASAP to get my hands on the Ranger again. She's just standing near my bed whicking at me all the time.....
Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM
Australia
Joined Mar 2013
643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmrdude View Post
Arx,

Silly question, but where do you get the screws for the hinge mod???

I bought a bunch of hinges from hobby king, but it looks like they don't come with screws... I imagine you use the same type that come with the control horns?

Any specifics you can offer will be helpful. It's always the little things that get me in this hobby
The holes in these hinges are there for extra security if you choose.

A lot of guys glue them in, then push a toothpick all the way through each hole,
ie; right through the surface, through the hole and out the other side of the surface and trim them flush.

I've never bothered (not sure how you'd know where the holes were) ???

I find plain old white glue holds them well enough in foam. And PVA is so easy to clean up as you work.

You will tear the foam before the hinge gives way
BieneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BieneFlyer