HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2013, 07:52 AM
Joined Dec 2013
4 Posts
Discussion
I am having some trouble with my new Nine Eagles Yak-54

I am new to RC aircraft, but my new Yak-54 has had some problems. straight out of the box it didn't start. after putting batteries in the transmitter, and charging the battery for the recommended 20-50 minutes and I placed the battery inside the belly of the plane and nothing happened, I'm thinking it is a problem with the battery itself because when trying to charge it the green light never turns on or off, putting the battery in makes no difference to the light and I can't tell if it is charged or not. It was brand new out of the box, never been touched by us and I hadn't damaged anything. Any thoughts? I've waited a whole day searching for the answer but I can't find it. thank you and merry christmas
ernestthepig is offline Find More Posts by ernestthepig
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2013, 08:34 PM
Joined Mar 2011
103 Posts
Is it 2.4 ,Did you bind it?
Wayne on Maui is offline Find More Posts by Wayne on Maui
Old Dec 25, 2013, 08:40 PM
Joined Dec 2013
4 Posts
It wasn't a bind and fly it was already binded in it's original packaging.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:09 PM
Joined Dec 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne on Maui View Post
Is it 2.4 ,Did you bind it?
2.4 megahertz? yes, and not a bind and fly
Old Dec 26, 2013, 02:35 PM
Joined Mar 2011
103 Posts
You need to bind to the receiver I don't know of a 2.4 that doesn't
Wayne on Maui is offline Find More Posts by Wayne on Maui
Old Dec 26, 2013, 04:38 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,883 Posts
it could be your battery or it could be the charger is bad. while i don't have that plane i'm pretty sure the NE tx included is prebound to the rx in the plane.
btw, i hope this is not your first plane - if so, a trainer is more appropriate.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Dec 26, 2013, 06:38 PM
Joined Dec 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
it could be your battery or it could be the charger is bad. while i don't have that plane i'm pretty sure the NE tx included is prebound to the rx in the plane.
btw, i hope this is not your first plane - if so, a trainer is more appropriate.
I have figured out that it is the battery, upon further tests with the battery and an LED it has proven faulty, we have contacted nine eagles about a replacement in the future, thank you for answering and it is my first plane, I've flewn before (Not RC) but I will try my hardest.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:28 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,883 Posts
i meant your first rc plane. if this is your first rc plane i recommend flying a hobbyzone champ or something similar. free flight or anything else does not qualify as rc relevant.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Dec 27, 2013, 04:27 AM
Chile, Araucanía, Angol
Joined Jan 2012
403 Posts
You Will destroy that plane the first time in the air.
Use a champ.

Regards!
javier668 is offline Find More Posts by javier668