HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:02 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ800 View Post
Ah is that confirmation on the X9D price at $100 then
No I was just throwing out a figure for comparison.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:04 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
I meant spektrum quality was - is - will always be junk!
will they someday come out a radio without a single bug ?
why do people still trust them ? price of receivers... support in USA...wide variety ?
how would you convince a spektrum fanboy to buy a X12D radio ?
Their servos are supposed to be pretty good but supposedly they're actually manufactured by Savox. Everyone I've talked to that uses A5040's in a 500 size heli has told me that they're dependable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
Other than Futaba, what "major brand" would you consider as being a benchmark for quality?
Hitec

If Futaba offered a 6 channel radio with the same kind of display as the DX6i I'd be all over that. I have no use for their advanced radios because most of the setup on a flybarless helicopter is on the gyro and not the radio. Subtrims, endpoints and CCPM is all done by the FBL controller. Hell they could even move the throttle and pitch curves into the gyro and let you fly on a 5 channel plank radio if they wanted to do that. That would actually be a pretty cool feature, you'd just set a linear throttle curve so the FBL controller could see the position of the collective stick. Then you could do your entire setup on the gyro over a PC or a smartphone.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Jan 03, 2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:42 AM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
what side sliders do you prefer 1 or 2 ? my vote goes to the nš1 great design for fingers.

Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:07 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,578 Posts
1 for me too.
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:42 AM
Joined Oct 2011
147 Posts
I prefer 2 - because I can immediately see what's the position. EDIT: bad word, I meant feel, not see
For 1 - there is nothing to tell the pot position. Also horizontal position is aligned, but for better usability, it should be angled downwards a little.
mihlit is offline Find More Posts by mihlit
Last edited by mihlit; Jan 03, 2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:44 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,578 Posts
The wheel for 1) could have a line in the middle, with also line in the middle of the "ridge" of the case. Easy to feel when both are aligned=center that way.
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:57 AM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihlit View Post
I prefer 2 - because I can immediately see what's the position.
For 1 - there is nothing to tell the pot position. Also horizontal position is aligned, but for better usability, it should be angled downwards a little.
The lever is not only easier to see, but easier to feel as well. Which, while flying, would be more useful.

2 for me.
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:02 AM
USA, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2001
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihlit View Post
I prefer 2 - because I can immediately see what's the position.
I absolutely agree. number one is of no use to me. I need to feel at a touch (even with gloves) what position it's in. The idea of having to look at the side of my transmitter while flying leaves me cold.
dang is online now Find More Posts by dang
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:09 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,419 Posts
2 for me also.. no doubts about it..
jhsa is offline Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:12 AM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,880 Posts
Definatly 2 for me as well. Got to feel where the control position is when things just don't seem right with the aircraft.
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:24 AM
Chile
Joined Jul 2010
386 Posts
2 option is better for me...I'm used in my futaba 9c for a long time and is natural to use with the index finger... Really intuitive
Not for nothing this option is present in all futabas hi end radios and Jr too
rajazo is online now Find More Posts by rajazo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV10 bronco
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:30 AM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
3,898 Posts
I think #1 would be ok if the slider had a raised lever like #2... then laid down flat against the Tx with the lever pointing towards the back.
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:01 AM
United States, SC, Clemson
Joined Dec 2011
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
what side sliders do you prefer 1 or 2 ? my vote goes to the nš1 great design for fingers.

Wow looks nice. Says Q2 2013 availability. So that probably means August :b

I think I will wait for this radio.
redradar is offline Find More Posts by redradar
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:03 AM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
Other than Futaba, what "major brand" would you consider as being a benchmark for quality?
I've done very well with Hitec fo the last 8 years so they are the benchmark I use. I also had a Sanwa for over a decade and wore the pot tracks out on it eventually.

The Spektrum DX5e I have is appalling quality , the on off switch is has an intermittent fault and on inspection is really cheap and nasty . Also the sticks are just awful.

I really was not impressed with the Futaba transmitter I had a few yeas ago Ok it worked but the ergonomics were dire.

So I will be looking for FRsky to match or exceed the quality and reliability I have experienced with Hitc and Sanwa.

BUT the low temperature problems with the receivers worries me I would have hoped they would have srcreened that sort of failure out prior to despatch.

As for the sliders version 2 definitely so I can feel what position the are in

Terry
Terry Rigden is online now Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Last edited by Terry Rigden; Jan 03, 2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: added opinion on sliders
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:10 AM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruntboyX View Post
Wow looks nice. Says Q2 2013 availability. So that probably means August :b

I think I will wait for this radio.
That is still optimistic! The x9d was supposed to be out in December, and it's apparently not due until March.
stevea3342 is online now Find More Posts by stevea3342
Closed Thread