HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:47 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,688 Posts
Question
DJI Flame Wheel 450 Naza Questions

Well, I think i got this thing set up right. I don't have a rx with fail safe, yet. I currently have an AR6115 for testing purposes.

Questions:

1. So every time I start I have to do one of the stick combinations, understandable. however, when I go throttle all the way down in att mode it cuts the motors and I have to reset using stick combos. Will it do this in flight? It cuts them in man mode too but not as quick.

2. how do I know all the props are spinning in proper direction and it will fly properly, fwd back, let right, rudder lr etc?

TIA,

Wing
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:58 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
Well, I think i got this thing set up right. I don't have a rx with fail safe, yet. I currently have an AR6115 for testing purposes.

Questions:

1. So every time I start I have to do one of the stick combinations, understandable. however, when I go throttle all the way down in att mode it cuts the motors and I have to reset using stick combos. Will it do this in flight? It cuts them in man mode too but not as quick.

2. how do I know all the props are spinning in proper direction and it will fly properly, fwd back, let right, rudder lr etc?

TIA,

Wing
Wing:

If you have the cut off in Assistant set to immediate, the answer is yes. If you drop below 10% throttle it will shut off. If you are set up in intelligent it will not. If it is on the ground and static for 3 seconds it will shut off in either mode.

Take the props off first. Arm the motors and check the rotation of each motor. Compare it to the set up guide. The right front and left rear spin counter clockwise, the left front and right rear spin clockwise. The props have a higher side and a lower side. You want the higher side to be in the direction of rotation to produce lift.

You also need to check that the slider in Tx Calibration on Assistant are moving in the right direction. When the throttle moves up the slider should move to the right. The Rudder and Aileron sticks move right the slider moves right, left moves the slider left. When you move the the Elevator up the slider should move right, down move left.

I hope this helps.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:16 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,688 Posts
Ed, everything looks good. I'm in intelligent mode. however my aileron does not go all the way right on the tx monitor screen. every other control is moving proper direction and gets full throw. is this an issue with my aileron?
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:22 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,780 Posts
Try adjusting your aileron travel to get full movement on the slider. After you do that please recalibrate your Tx in Assistant. For failsafe, see what happens in Assistant when you turn off the Tx. If it moves to failsafe the Naza will land.

Here is a great explanation of the difference between SmartSafe and Preset Failsafe.

http://helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=3792179&postcount=9
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:28 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,688 Posts
Thanks for the info, Ed. Also thanks to the guys a GotHeli RC for the great deal on this kit. Seems to fly great. Vid by my 5 YO boy.

DJI Flame Wheel 450 w/Naza Maiden (1 min 20 sec)
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:35 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,780 Posts
Looks very stable! Nice lights. The weather looks great in FL, getting ready to go out an fly myself. I am happy that you got the help you needed.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2012, 04:03 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,688 Posts
I added some noodle skids and hard mounted the go pro from underneath. It got a little wobbly at times but we had some big gusts of wind coming in from the ocean so don't know if my mount is throwing it off, the noodles, bad operator, or the wind was giving it a hard time. I balanced out the unit by moving the batt back a bit to compensate for the little bit of weight added up front. Here is a video:

DJI Flame Wheel w/Naza and Gopro (2 min 52 sec)

Somewhat decent view of my neighborhood. got it past the telephone poles for a sec.
Last edited by Wingbreaker; Apr 08, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 04:31 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,780 Posts
You are getting some good video with no jello. What are your gains? I would raise the Ele and Ail a little higher. It will react quicker to the descent wobbles. The pool noodles do tend to amplify any unbalance. Over all I would say a great flight. Looks like your son was enjoying it as well.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2012, 04:43 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,688 Posts
You talking about the autopilot settings in the software? I have these at default. Gain is at 0% so it says. Also, what about expo?
Last edited by Wingbreaker; Apr 08, 2012 at 04:49 PM.