Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:36 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC View Post
Bob,

I sent you a couple of PM's about "Lost in the Mail" complaints and PayPal fees.

I hope you continue to make these. I would like to purchase a couple. Please advise when you get more in stock.

Happy Flying !!!

Bill S.
I got your PM's thanks for the advise.. I have some in stock still.. Which ones do you need??
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2012, 05:43 AM
United Kingdom, Oxted
Joined Dec 2011
426 Posts
Just a quickie - Bob ..... you're famous. Was it you that I heard referred to on a Heli podcast?
iancraig10 is offline Find More Posts by iancraig10
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:17 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iancraig10 View Post
Just a quickie - Bob ..... you're famous. Was it you that I heard referred to on a Heli podcast?
I have no idea. what heli podcast??.. should I go into hiding??
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:26 PM
Joined Jan 2012
32 Posts
Hi Bob,

I'm new to RC helicopters, forgive my ignorance. I'm wondering if it's also possible to make Slipper clutch for 450 size helicopters, or do they already have them? But I keep hearing gear stripping for their shaft driven tails.

Thanks,
rb
rbecq is offline Find More Posts by rbecq
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:32 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbecq View Post
Hi Bob,

I'm new to RC helicopters, forgive my ignorance. I'm wondering if it's also possible to make Slipper clutch for 450 size helicopters, or do they already have them? But I keep hearing gear stripping for their shaft driven tails.

Thanks,
rb
I would think that the same idea could be used on the bigger heli's,, I don't have any bigger ones to try it on.. My 250's are belt driven..
Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:59 PM
United Kingdom, England, Enfield
Joined Jan 2012
910 Posts
Ordered a slipper kit from Bob recently.
I'm really impressed by his service and the actual kit!! He had posted it within a few hours of my first ever contact with him and it arrived in London within a week..
Thanks Bob!

To show my gratitude, I've made a few assembly photos which might help others. I didn't bother with showing how to take apart the original tail shaft assembly first. It's very simple actualy.
BenVK is offline Find More Posts by BenVK
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:20 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenVK View Post
Ordered a slipper kit from Bob recently.
I'm really impressed by his service and the actual kit!! He had posted it within a few hours of my first ever contact with him and it arrived in London within a week..
Thanks Bob!

To show my gratitude, I've made a few assembly photos which might help others. I didn't bother with showing how to take apart the original tail shaft assembly first. It's very simple actualy.
Thank you for the assembly pictures,, I have taken them and added them to the instructions...

Funny that you got yours in a week all the way over there and others are still waiting for theirs to show up here in the states..
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:22 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
I have three V120D02S ones left in stock from this latest batch,, the next batch will not be till mid March so if you are on the fence about getting one keep this in mind...

slipperclutch@mi.rr.com to order...

UPDATE I'm sold out for now... Sorry.. but go ahead and send me a email to get on the list for the next batch..
Last edited by livonia bob; Feb 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:16 PM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,223 Posts
I just installed mine, thanks for coming up with it! real test should be tomorrow, outside, i had to make my tail servo rod much longer , anyone else have to do that??.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
I have three V120D02S ones left in stock from this latest batch,, the next batch will not be till mid March so if you are on the fence about getting one keep this in mind...

slipperclutch@mi.rr.com to order...

UPDATE I'm sold out for now... Sorry.. but go ahead and send me a email to get on the list for the next batch..
Heli Biggie is online now Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:22 PM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I just installed mine, thanks for coming up with it! real test should be tomorrow, outside, i had to make my tail servo rod much longer , anyone else have to do that??.
You had to do this during the setup in rate node?? Did you do this same setup before you changed to the slipper clutch?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:10 PM
United States, IN, Merrillville
Joined Feb 2011
173 Posts
Mine installed with no mods and works fine
Slimshamis is offline Find More Posts by Slimshamis
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:37 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,223 Posts
I never had to setup the heli when i bought
It flew perfect out of the box. So im not sure why the rod had to be so much longer, but i cant test yet due to high winds.

Quote:
You had to do this during the setup in rate node?? Did you do this same setup before you changed to the slipper clutch?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:43 AM
Heli collector
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
I never had to setup the heli when i bought
It flew perfect out of the box. So im not sure why the rod had to be so much longer, but i cant test yet due to high winds.

How much the tailrotor shafts stick out the left hand collar changes the rudder settings.. I have you set it flush with the collar as this will give you the most amount of control travel which is a good thing... But as required in the instructions you now have to reset the rudders hover center.. If you don't wish to bother with this then just have the tail shaft stick out the same as it was stock..

Sent from wife's laptop in Miami Beach Florida... while sitting here looking out over the ocean... 500 feet up watching the airplanes and heli's fly by below....
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:19 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,668 Posts
Quote:
How much the tailrotor shafts stick out the left hand collar changes the rudder settings.. I have you set it flush with the collar as this will give you the most amount of control travel which is a good thing... But as required in the instructions you now have to reset the rudders hover center.. If you don't wish to bother with this then just have the tail shaft stick out the same as it was stock..

Sent from wife's laptop in Miami Beach Florida... while sitting here looking out over the ocean... 500 feet up watching the airplanes and heli's fly by below....
Not too windy there? Gonna be hard going back to "the great white north" after Miami.
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:15 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,223 Posts
Well at least you know i can follow instructions..... Glad to hear someones in florida having a noce time , lol , it was super windy in panama and my v120 tail couldnt hold up , but maybe now..... I hope you took a heli and make a video for us all. Have fun and enjoy

Quote: