HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM
United States, CA, Rosamond
Joined Jul 2014
9 Posts
was browsing through this thread, a heck of a lot to read, but noticed a couple times the mention of other country fighters not seen very often. I, like a lot of others, like the main stream WWII fighters but also like some that don't get as much noteriety. For example the Italian Macchi varients. They started with radials then stream lined the nose of the aircraft by putting theDaimler-Benz DB 601 and made faster and look much better. This is the same motor as a ME 109 (which is in production already). The Macchi 202 and the Fiat G55 also look very similar to a ME 109 BUT something that would very much help this plane over the 109 is its landing gear. It has a much wider stance which might help with landings. The Italians also had some pretty impressive paint schemes as well.
Desert Glide is offline Find More Posts by Desert Glide
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:45 AM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
"On the FMS 1400mm P-47D thread in response to a question about a replacement for the now discontinued 1400mm P-47. Diamond Hobby confirm that they are looking at between 980mm to 1700mm. And maybe a little larger. So all it not lost. "

they already have these planes , a 980 P47 Raserback and the very slow selling 1700mm P47 , perhaps Diamond meant --we are out of the 1400 but can sell you the 980mm size or the 1700 mm size ?
Nope. That is not what he meant.
karltrek is offline Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 03:58 AM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
8,073 Posts
Well that is good news but I dont get it why would they introduce another P47 when they have one in the 980 size and the 1700 size , oh well time will tell
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Today, 10:54 AM
This area for rent
Vestal, NY
Joined May 2006
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Glide View Post
was browsing through this thread, a heck of a lot to read, but noticed a couple times the mention of other country fighters not seen very often. I, like a lot of others, like the main stream WWII fighters but also like some that don't get as much noteriety. For example the Italian Macchi varients. They started with radials then stream lined the nose of the aircraft by putting theDaimler-Benz DB 601 and made faster and look much better. This is the same motor as a ME 109 (which is in production already). The Macchi 202 and the Fiat G55 also look very similar to a ME 109 BUT something that would very much help this plane over the 109 is its landing gear. It has a much wider stance which might help with landings. The Italians also had some pretty impressive paint schemes as well.
i always refer to the Macchi as a ME109 without the bad habbits. i have an IMP that i flew for years and now its waiting for electric convertion.

macchi delt with p-fctor by makeing on wing 6 inches longer, always wanted to try that but not worth putting all the effort in to build it and then have to bandsaw the wing down if i don't like it.

Joe
paladin-34 is online now Find More Posts by paladin-34
Old Today, 11:27 AM
Cowboy of the skys
United States, Mt, Whitefish
Joined Oct 2010
1,067 Posts
b-24 thats all i can say
warbird_cowboy is online now Find More Posts by warbird_cowboy