HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2002, 01:03 AM
Joined Oct 2002
21 Posts
How bout this zagi setup?

Okay, I read a couple books and now know enough to be dangerous.

In my quest to fine a reasonably priced hop up for the Zagi I have put together a list of what I am thinking of doing now...the push/pull config is still leaving me very much desiring an improvement in climb, and I wouldn't recommend it to others...

Being a poor student and modeling don't mix well...especially when looking at hop-ups...brushless setups are out of my reach.

Here is what I am looking at...not sure on some things, so please make any recommendations/suggestions.

MOTOR:
Kyosho Endoplasma 16x2 ($19.99)...adjust timing to last tic mark appropriate way for reverse running.

PROP:
Looking at 3
a. Cox 3 blade pusher: 5x3.5
b. Zinger pusher: 7x4
c. Zinger pusher: 8x4
(I know I have acces to these locally for replacement)

BATTERY:
7-8Cell RC-3000Nimh or the new Sanyo 2600 Nicad in 7-8 Cell.
System till be drawing in the area of 30-40A as far as I can tell, so probably the Nicads.

May try 10 cells...but really don't want to change the brushes and have the arm. turned that often from what I read.

ESC:
Great Planes 50a ESC

ZAGI MODS:
Take an additional 2" off each wing tip for a total of 4" removed.
(I know I should have gotten a razor for what I wanted, but this is what I have now)

My thanks in advance for any recommendations you guys can give on the specific setup.

Herc
herc75 is offline Find More Posts by herc75
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2002, 02:39 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
You are better off cutting The 4 Inches out of the Middle. You do notwant to becuttingthe tips off.You will thank yourself in the long riun and it is not really all that much more work..

Kush
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old Oct 12, 2002, 11:57 AM
Profiled Interfractionalist
Tacoma,WA USA
Joined Jun 2001
4,024 Posts
Herc, you need to go spend some time at yourzagi.com
William A is offline Find More Posts by William A
Old Oct 12, 2002, 12:50 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Thats good advice Will. Herc haveyou been to www.yourzagi.com ? if not click on the link.This is a WONDERFULL Site. Allyou would ever want to know when getting started (and the first 4 years after) in flying wings.

Kush
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22