HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2004, 03:51 PM
Minneapolis Dntn, Minnesota, United States
Joined Apr 2003
66 Posts
Winglet Template and cutting coroplast

Does anyone have any template of a good winglet they use? I have made many different designs and sizes and I can't seem to find any difference with any of them. All of my designs hang down below the wing about an inch or so. I was wondering if there is some design that is better than the other. Also how are you guys cutting winglets out of coroplast? I first used a razor blade, but now I have been cutting them by stacking two pieces of coroplast and cutting them out on a dremel scrool saw then sanding them to shape. Does anyone have an easier way?
alien is offline Find More Posts by alien
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2004, 09:36 PM
Willow Grove, Pa.
Joined Jun 2004
119 Posts
I use a master template, cut with a new Xacto blade then use a vertical belt sander to true them up. Use Blade or sanding block to remove residue plastic from sanding operation. A home hanydman belt sander can be clamped upside down and used to do the same. Use a fine grit belt like 220 or finer, your just truing to your outlines. They may also be clamped together as a stack, and sanded but you will need a steady hand, as you will not be able to keep the work at 90* without a support table that is 90* to the belt.
WThesing is offline Find More Posts by WThesing
Old Aug 15, 2004, 03:10 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,354 Posts
Hi!

I am very satisfied with these winglets .

Ciao,
Julez
Julez is online now Find More Posts by Julez
Last edited by Julez; Aug 15, 2004 at 03:13 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 07:15 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2003
4,482 Posts
click on Julez link scroll to the last picture that is a perfect example of a good winglet might not be the shape your looking for but notice near the TE it is pretty high most are using triangle designs which are to small near the TE i am to using the triangle design but i have been told by steve wenban to use the design in the link he has been flying over 25 years i just havent got around to fixing up my wings i notice a slight rocking motion on the slope in light lift caused by my triangle winglets hope this helps
gazza2003au is offline Find More Posts by gazza2003au