HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:47 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,475 Posts
Your biggest issue is your TOS. It's not applicable. You have no way to enforce the age restriction, you don't even see the TOS unless you are looking for it. There is no click here if you are not 18. You could be held liable for a minor using your site for that (read sued by some disgruntled parent).
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:21 PM
Means laughing in Swedish
Kingdom of Sweden, Stockholm County, Jakobsberg
Joined May 2011
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
Your biggest issue is your TOS. It's not applicable. You have no way to enforce the age restriction, you don't even see the TOS unless you are looking for it. There is no click here if you are not 18. You could be held liable for a minor using your site for that (read sued by some disgruntled parent).
Well that's the meaning of terms and conditions. that you read them, right?

What do you recommend then? Remove the section regarding 18year limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEngineer
Are you insane?

Who cares what Swedes think of our laws?

We have a Constitution, while Sweden has a king.

Be gone, troll
I dont understand what you mean.

The site is for everybody not just swedes
skrattar is offline Find More Posts by skrattar
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:54 AM View Post
EEngineer
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while EEngineer edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:42 PM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,475 Posts
You should keep the 18 year limit, but you need a way to enforce it. Usually done via a click through on the homepage. Click here if you are 18, otherwise click here. Type deal.

I do like the idea of the site, I'm wondering what types of safeguards you have in place to ensure spam doesn't get posted as well as what measures you have in place to defeat bot postings.
dedStik is offline Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:46 PM
Means laughing in Swedish
Kingdom of Sweden, Stockholm County, Jakobsberg
Joined May 2011
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedStik View Post
You should keep the 18 year limit, but you need a way to enforce it. Usually done via a click through on the homepage. Click here if you are 18, otherwise click here. Type deal.

I do like the idea of the site, I'm wondering what types of safeguards you have in place to ensure spam doesn't get posted as well as what measures you have in place to defeat bot postings.
Thank you Always fun with positive feedback.

Well the only safeguard right now is me and i will remove inappropriate polls/comments instant. There is a ip block so people cant vote more than once.

If spam becomes a big problem i just have to deal with it then.

I want it as clean as possible without annoying CAPTCHAs and stuff.

I will soon also give users the possibility to embed youtube clips so people can vote about them (this feature is already on youtube i know.like/dislike)

Oh god i have a long list with stuff i am going to ad to the site in the nearest future. Maybe i am going ahead of myself now and the site starts to look like a plain forum.

Only problem now is the low number of polls and low number of voters.

If a new user visits the site now he sees that there is no activity and he/she will probably not return to the site?

Maybe put in the logo banner "Launched December 19, 2012" so people realize that is brand new?

/skrattar
skrattar is offline Find More Posts by skrattar