HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:47 PM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
Servo Trouble

Hello everyone! I recently bought parts for my 1/18 scale Sacker Sport Buggy. After installing them, and charging up the battery, my new servo is having some trouble. Namely, it doesn't move the wheels. It seems that the gears inside the servo are locked in place or something, because when I turn the steering wheel on the remote, all I get is a clicking sound. I would really appreciate some help from somebody with experience with RC cars, as this is my first one.
Thanks,
~Guad
guadalcanal is offline Find More Posts by guadalcanal
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:23 PM
Obeying the law of gravity
Canada, ON, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2011
494 Posts
It's possible that the servo gears are stripped. When that happened on my Mini E revo, there was a loud clicking noise as well.
Jeremy Kamutzki is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Kamutzki
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:38 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,919 Posts
Usually if you hear a clicking sound from a servo it means there's a stripped gear. Does it make the same sound if you disconnect the servo from everything except the receiver?
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:42 AM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
It does, it must be the gears. How do I fix a stripped gear? Do I need a new servo, or can I find a replacement gear set somewhere?
guadalcanal is offline Find More Posts by guadalcanal
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:10 AM
nick 30
Joined May 2009
2,790 Posts
i noticed no one mentioned 'is the servo saver centred' is 'the trim on the transmitter' centred ?

if they are all centred then the next step is to undo the 4 screws at the bottom of the servo, the whole thing will come apart, then you can look at the gears

servos are cheap enough so i would buy a new 1 or spend a bit more $/ and buy 1 with metal gears

i have metal geared servos in all my boats, hpi blitz and 2 in my rock crawler

nick
nick30head is offline Find More Posts by nick30head