HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:00 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,157 Posts
Tucson has had quite a few thunder stroms this year. More than in recent years. Holding a TX in a storm would not we wise. Like an old anchient 72mgh fm set with that long antena. Who has best price and shipping on Master 200CP? I'm here in good ole USA. I could have gotten a T-Rex 500 but its way to expensive to opperate. Lucky my friend found a buyer and saved me from myself. Big bird and tons of power. $40.00 + batteries , no thanks.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:24 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Who has best price and shipping on Master 200CP?
Depends which package you are looking at, BNF or with a radio.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:16 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Who has best price and shipping on Master 200CP? I'm here in good ole USA. I could have gotten a T-Rex 500 but its way to expensive to opperate. Lucky my friend found a buyer and saved me from myself. Big bird and tons of power. $40.00 + batteries , no thanks.
body only:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Seller-Wa...item2321d1d458
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Sep 10, 2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:51 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,017 Posts
Hrm, anyone know if it would be possible to fit the 3 blade 4f200 rotor head/swash on a master cp?
Or the servos are placed differently so it wouldn't work?
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:51 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono View Post
Depends which package you are looking at, BNF or with a radio.
Thanks for rply. I have a Devo 7, So just basic bird as stock battery is about $25.00 and I have chargers for 2-3 cell batteries. Sure there will be clone batteries available, or convert others. Like my V400D02 battery is $38.00 and have a Gen s battery that fits for $13.00 and higher ma. Fit in no problem. Conector is reversed and need to change but thats easy.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:34 AM
Heliyork
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyfuns View Post
Hi firewolf, do you think this 3900kv Hobbymate motor will work on master cp?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbymate-HB...item2574ed12c2

And a brushless esc will be a necessary with the motor right? How to configure the esc connection on rx, which channel shall the esc goes in? And what how to connect the stock brushed esc, which originally control both main motor and tail

Thanks
I haven't done the conversion myself on master CP but i am pretty sure that bl motor will do the job. Just make sure about its shaft thickness if you are gonna use the stock pinion.

Check this link for bl conversion setup,
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=896
its pretty straight forward. You need a "brushed to brushless" convertor. Here is what i am using in my V400
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=3949

You need to make a Y harness to connect both ESCs to the battery. The three prong wire connector from the brushless esc will connect to the three pins of the signal convertor. The black and red wire at the other end of the convertor will go in to the Main motor connector of the stock walkera brushed esc (the one which was connected to stock brushed motor).
Firewolf is offline Find More Posts by Firewolf
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:15 PM
United States, CA, Alhambra
Joined Sep 2012
12 Posts
Thanks Firewolf, that helps a lot! Will try it out
Hobbyfuns is offline Find More Posts by Hobbyfuns
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Jun 2008
479 Posts
Looks like Banggood are stocking these now, not a bad deal either..

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...r-p-50453.html

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...r-p-50456.html
fishfiend is online now Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:09 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfiend View Post
Wow, that Master CP with Devo 7E package is amazing at only $189.99 with FREE shipping!!! That beats the deal I got from Aliexpress which was $231 all together shipped!! I ordered it just 5 days ago on the 5th. Should have waited and save myself $41.00 Aliexpress shipped through EMS which so far when I type in the tracking number it says it has no info yet on my package!!
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:11 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
Has anyone done an official review on the Master CP yet?
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:10 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,163 Posts
As soon as mine arrives I'll be doing one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:51 PM
United States, TX, New Braunfels
Joined May 2011
489 Posts
OK, great. Please be sure to start a new thread so I can find it

Thanks
Travis MCH is offline Find More Posts by Travis MCH
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:53 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,247 Posts
So far I have seen a couple of members talking about needing to use a brushed to brushless signal converter .... why?
For going brushless on main motor (or both), I can not see where it is required for this setup.
All that I visualise as needed is a suitable brushless motor, around 4000kv, and a matching brushless esc.
Brief explanation...
The motor outputs of the receiver are are 3-pin signal/pos/neg feeds for the dual brushed esc, not 2-wire brushed motor power feeds (no signal). The tail motor connector to the rx is just the signal wire only.
All you should need to do is disconnect the main motor signal (3 pin con) going from rx throttle ch to the brushed esc and connect the brushless esc to the rx in its place. Tail connector stays where it is, may need to transfer red and black wires from brushed main connector to the tail motor rx connector so the brushed esc still gets the pos/neg from the rx.
The receiver should not care what type of esc is connected to it, signal converters should only be required for receivers with built in esc that only output the red and black to actually drive the brushed motor.
I hope I've explained my thinking adequately.
Seems to me that a possible brushless motor and esc candidate for this (main motor) would be the ones from the v200do3, they can be picked up at good price from some vendors.
I have not received my MCP yet and was not planning to go brushless, just offering a technical opinion as I'm on a lengthy hospital stay with nothing to do except look at my netbook screen.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:58 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH View Post
Here are a couple of posts that I wrote on its flight characteristics. I have now flown 23 packs and have got nothing more to add.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post22645391

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post22655781

And a post on which I consider to be a major problem with servo stripping.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post22665977
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:04 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
I had my first major crash yesterday. I was flying inverted when small blade scrape occurred with the concrete ground. I lost control of the heli afterwards and it fell from a height of 15-20 ft onto the concrete ground. The damage was as follows: 2 stripped servos, stripped main gear, one damaged blade grip, and a slightly damaged tail strut, horizontal and vertical fins that were still usable. There was no evidence of a bent main or feathering shaft. However, it seems that a feathering shaft screw had stripped and I was unable to disassemble the head. I suspect that a servo was stripped during the initial blade scrape that resulted in the loss of control afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Hrm, anyone know if it would be possible to fit the 3 blade 4f200 rotor head/swash on a master cp?
Or the servos are placed differently so it wouldn't work?
The 4F200 head should work, but there will be a problem in securing the swashplate rocker on the shaft (this keeps the swashplate in phase). You may need to drill a tiny hole through the shaft to fit it.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw