HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jdog83, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:52 AM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Discussion
Jdog

Hey there, my name is jdog, or Jansen in real life. I guess I could give you my last name too, but that would just raise more questions. I'll save that for if I need a small part or something, thanks 1hammer!

I am going to primarily use this to list heli/plane purchase events in chronological order. I had a buddy named airfoil'd who did this and I thought it was a great idea.

Edit: wow, that picture of me is pretty depressing! Would it kill me to smile?

Chronological List Of R/C Purchases

This part is going to have to be a work in progress

1) 'blue hat' havoc nock off $20
Later learned it was a shady company who's toys started fires.
2) another 'blue hat' havoc nock off 20
Hey, twice the fun! (didn't know about the fires yet )
3) bladerunner blackghost (it pointed me to this forum)
$39
Looks like I missplelled, 'missplelt' how ironic

Anyway to continue this list:

4) another blade runner blackghost to fly away the winter blues
$39
5) airhogs havoc heli, much better than that 'blue hat' garbage
$29
6) Silverlit DIY single wing plane. My first plane. Range was short. Lifespan was short. Enough said. $20

7) ITC ironman. My first good plane.... It was a great second choice, lots of fond memories with that one. Later transplanted the guts. I remember taking the worst video ever that raised way more questions than it did answer
$19.99

8) now the trees are getting leaves, and the grass is drying up. Wanted an outdoor heli----->airhogs reflex---> no way was that going to fly outside....people started recommending I get a single rotor heli.
I think I paid $69.99 for that garbage!

9) fun starts to kick in.... Walkera hm-4-3 ... Where have you been all my life. Took 2 months just to hover it, tail in.
$180 with tax

10) i forgot, number one on the list should be a gentle lady sailplane. But soon realized I'd have to join a club or something. Got too nervous about taking it out in the farmer's field... Soon figured micros would be more fun, and smaller stuff I could fly in my backyard.

11) Ohhh gosh, I guess an easier way to do this would be to read all my old post...can't be bothered. Blade mcx... Kinda a step backwards but at the time everyone was amazed how lightweight and durable this heli was. M'eh a good $150

12)havoc cyclone.... Needed more fun in the house, the sun was much too bright.
$30
13)airhogs twin thunder.... What an amazing heli. I am still waiting for someone to make a good hobby grade tandem. $60
14)must have been some more toys in there.

15)Silverlit palm z, starting to stock up for winter. A great indoor flyer.
$20
16)I fly (itc)vamp.... My first orni. Pretty cool
$40?
17)hmmmm air hogs reflex apache? Really there was bigger and better things out there but it was new and different so I had to grab one.....$40-50

18)went on a cruise, didn't bring any helis..... Needed my fix. Made a stop in Halifax went to a hobby shop. I was looking for a 4#3a or b, so the guy said he had one at his house. I offered him $60. He took forever, got back on the ship just in time

19) this is hurting my brain. Be back soon
jdog83 is offline Find More Posts by jdog83
Last edited by jdog83; Apr 15, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:10 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Deleted.....i made a mistake.
Last edited by jdog83; Jan 25, 2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 07:31 PM
Stephanie
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog83 View Post
Hey there, my name is jdog, or Jansen in real life. I guess I could give you my last name too, but that would just raise more questions. I'll save that for if I need a small part or something, thanks 1hammer!

I am going to primarily use this to list heli/plane purchase events in chronological order. I had a buddy named airfoil'd who did this and I thought it was a great idea.

Firstly, I think I owe it to a lot of you to at least say a little something about myself. After all, it's been four years with -blank-. Will post pictures later.

It is a rarity you'd even find me on a social media site like this. I must be the only one of my friends that hasn't signed up for Facebook. I am very pessimistic about things like this. I grew up when the Internet was just catching on. I slowly watched life become lazy. Nothing's gratifying, and there no sense of accomplishment because you don't have work to get there.(The end result) I learnt early on, a very valuable lesson in life. At the end of grade 8 i was drunk out of my mind with a friend(he's still a friend) we were laughing historically watching a chipmunk drink coffee liquor. However, a couple years of experimenting and getting into bars with a fake id really got my head thinking. Like the Internet, boose or any other "life aid" would life be as happy and fun without it? So I've been doing things the hard way ever since....I was truely happy for about a year, till my buddies started drinking there faces off to meet woman at a bar. Thank goodness for rc aircrafts at least it's a little more real.

I went to the university of Windsor enrolled in the fine arts program. I applied late, and all the art classes were full. I didn't think I'd ever be making money with art so I took courses to help me get into engineering....

I'm making more money now then I would have thought possible selling portraits mostly of people and pets. People do occasionally ask me to do really weird stuff, but I won't get into that still walking dogs for a little extra cash. I haven't gave it a really good go yet, still might do engineering... I really can't decide, I just want to be in good spirits no matter what I end up doing. Will post some pics, ASAP.

Ohhh one other thing. I don't have the Internet at home, so I mostly post from my IPod when I'm out. Most of the time my post are short and missplelt I can't be bothered to give it my full attention.

Chronological List Of R/C Purchases

This part is going to have to be a work in progress

1) 'blue hat' havoc nock off $20
Later learned it was a shady company who's toys started fires.
2) another 'blue hat' havoc nock off 20
Hey, twice the fun! (didn't know about the fires yet )
3) bladerunner blackghost (it pointed me to this forum)
$39
Looks like I missplelled, 'missplelt' how ironic

Anyway to continue this list:

4) another blade runner blackghost to fly away the winter blues
$39
5) airhogs havoc heli, much better than that 'blue hat' garbage
$29
6) Silverlit DIY single wing plane. My first plane. Range was short. Lifespan was short. Enough said. $20

7) ITC ironman. My first good plane.... It was a great second choice, lots of fond memories with that one. Later transplanted the guts. I remember taking the worst video ever that raised way more questions than it did answer
$19.99

8) now the trees are getting leaves, and the grass is drying up. Wanted an outdoor heli----->airhogs reflex---> no way was that going to fly outside....people started recommending I get a single rotor heli.
I think I paid $69.99 for that garbage!

9) fun starts to kick in.... Walkera hm-4-3 ... Where have you been all my life. Took 2 months just to hover it, tail in.
$180 with tax

10) i forgot, number one on the list should be a gentle lady sailplane. But soon realized I'd have to join a club or something. Got too nervous about taking it out in the farmer's field... Soon figured micros would be more fun, and smaller stuff I could fly in my backyard.

11) Ohhh gosh, I guess an easier way to do this would be to read all my old post...can't be bothered. Blade mcx... Kinda a step backwards but at the time everyone was amazed how lightweight and durable this heli was. M'eh a good $150

12)havoc cyclone.... Needed more fun in the house, the sun was much too bright.
$30
13)airhogs twin thunder.... What an amazing heli. I am still waiting for someone to make a good hobby grade tandem. $60
14)must have been some more toys in there.

15)Silverlit palm z, starting to stock up for winter. A great indoor flyer.
$20
16)I fly (itc)vamp.... My first orni. Pretty cool
$40?
17)be back soon
Wow! You are truly a brave soul. I wouldn't divulge this much in MY blog! You are so strong. Your portrait drawings are really beautiful, you've got the gift!! I especially like the Rottweilers. My family had a rotti, well he was basically my pup, 135 lbs and all. He slept in my bed every night, until one night he got up, was acting really strange, then laid down. I knew he was dying, so I laid down beside him until he was cold. I would have given my life for him, that's how much I love him, and he for me. Ha! Ha! He attempted to attack many a jogger when I walked him! He was Shutzhund trained so tragedies avoided!!!

Keep up the good work. Beautiful portraits
stephn8r is offline Find More Posts by stephn8r
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:52 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Thanks a lot stephn8r, it means a lot to me I made such a wonderful friend on here...... On my birthday! Well, close enough.

That rotti in the portrait is Darcy. I looked after him, along with two other Rottweilers at a neighbors. He died in his sleep. I just look after one rotti now, Baxter. I take him for long walks, and he too has a thing for joggers and cyclists, he really goes nuts for cyclists! He sometimes challenges big trucks, but he's been letting more pass lately. He's my buddy, I walk him everyday.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:42 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephn8r View Post
Wow! You are truly a brave soul.
Unfortunately, in real life I have a complete lack of self confidence.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:46 PM
Stephanie
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Thanks a lot stephn8r, it means a lot to me I made such a wonderful friend on here...... On my birthday! Well, close enough.

That rotti in the portrait is Darcy. I looked after him, along with two other Rottweilers at a neighbors. He died in his sleep. I just look after one rotti now, Baxter. I take him for long walks, and he too has a thing for joggers and cyclists, he really goes nuts for cyclists! He sometimes challenges big trucks, but he's been letting more pass lately. He's my buddy, I walk him everyday.
Rottis are the greatest. I don't like small dogs, I was bit by one when I was 9. Funny Huh?! I'm not afraid of mastiffs but those lil rat dogs creep me out

Cherish every day you have with him! Rottis Rock!!!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:55 PM
Stephanie
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Unfortunately, in real life I have a complete lack of self confidence.
And Happy Freakin' Birthday Dude!!!!!!

The lack of self confidence comes down to one thing: you're too worried about what other people think. Screw them! If they don't like you for who you are they aren't even worth acknowledging on the street or more important being friends with. I don't have boatloads of friends, but the ones I do have are worth keeping basically because they're real and I trust them with my life!

Layta Dude
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:56 AM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Rottis are the greatest. I don't like small dogs, I was bit by one when I was 9. Funny Huh?! I'm not afraid of mastiffs but those lil rat dogs creep me out

Cherish every day you have with him! Rottis Rock!!!
Yeah I brought a little rat dog home once, someone didn't want it. However there was no way I was getting attached to that thing..... There was something wrong with that picture. So I gave it back. Lol
Old Feb 13, 2012, 09:08 AM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Quote:
And Happy Freakin' Birthday Dude!!!!!!

The lack of self confidence comes down to one thing: you're too worried about what other people think. Screw them! If they don't like you for who you are they aren't even worth acknowledging on the street or more important being friends with. I don't have boatloads of friends, but the ones I do have are worth keeping basically because they're real and I trust them with my life!

Layta Dude

Yeah, I still hang out with all the same people from kindergarten! There must have been something in the water at that school I went to, there's five of us that hang out! Plus a couple more that would probably go grab coffee in a heartbeat. It's weird, I guess it was a small school out in the country so there wasn't really a lot of choice who you hung out with. I still blame it on the water, lol. DON'T DRINK THE WATER! Lol.

I got your "happy birthday" yesterday, thanks! Just didn't have time to respond.

Walking big 'B'!

Cheers!