SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:33 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Has anybody used this cell?
If so, can you tell me the physical dimensions, weight, and if it's any good?
Thanks.
http://www.rc711.com/shop/37v-350mah...on-p-5945.html
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
I havent but you should try these, http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html they are 25c and cheaper or go witht he zippy 350mah 20c bare cells from hobbyking. If you do 3d then get the turnigy 300mah 35c for under 2 bucks. If you go with hobbyking cells then look for a buddy code. You can get these cells for a little over a dollar a piece.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
I havent but you should try these, http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html they are 25c and cheaper or go witht he zippy 350mah 20c bare cells from hobbyking. If you do 3d then get the turnigy 300mah 35c for under 2 bucks. If you go with hobbyking cells then look for a buddy code. You can get these cells for a little over a dollar a piece.
I'm using them in a different application.
Thanks for the link, but those Aliexpress cells are just a tad too long to fit in the frame of use, as i'm looking for something no more than 32mm long x 24mm width.
Can't find the dimensions for the Walkera mini CP cells anywhere.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:43 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
My zippy bare cells are 24mm wide but after I made them they are 35mm long.So 24x35mm isn't that far off is it? They fit the minis battery cage perfect. They are 350mah 20c sold at hobbyking
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mescalinedream View Post
My zippy bare cells are 24mm wide but after I made them they are 35mm long.So 24x35mm isn't that far off is it? They fit the minis battery cage perfect. They are 350mah 20c sold at hobbyking
I've seen those at Hobbyking.
Those cells and the ones from Aliexpress would be perfect, but the cells I need are a snug tight fit at 32mm long.
I even tried fitting some Hyperion 240s but even they are slightly too long and just wont fit no matter what. Iirc they are 34mm in length.
Thanks for your help anyway fella.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:24 AM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Im about to start practicing 3d with my mini. I have only been flying it in sports mode without touching the idle up switch. I havent even touched the settings on ANYTHING. Ive just been flying it with whatever settings walkera sent it out with.

I guess first I should put tom's settings into the TX. I do want to ask just to make sure....the idle up switch is on the right side of the TX correct ( I have a Devo 7 ). The switch that says FMD. Just wanna make sure I dont eff anything up.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:30 AM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
You are correct. The idle up switch is on the right side of the TX.
FMD 0 * 2.

Good luck trying out some 3D!
I am enjoying my Mini CP BL.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:35 AM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Z View Post
You are correct. The idle up switch is on the right side of the TX.
FMD 0 * 2.

Good luck trying out some 3D!
I am enjoying my Mini CP BL.

Tom
Thank you for the quick answer sir, I am a little scared to be quite honest. I can do flips and rolls in a simulator but lets see if i can do it for real now. I plan to do this in my backyard where the grass is slightly tall and hope to hit the throttle cut if I get into any troubles. I really love the minicp. Should I go brushless first or start doing soft 3d with the stock brushed motor? I have a 9t pinion on mine, its a pre-production model apparently, so headspeed is slightly higher. Just dont want this little bird to bog down on me. Should I pop in the mini main gear for a little extra pop? Thanks Tom.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:59 AM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
for me the right F.mode switch is throttle hold and mix i use for idle up.. it makes no sense why have flight mode on that right switch since it serves better as throttle hold. i pinch the sticks so my middle finger is always near the f.mode switch which is why i set it up that way. guess it really depends how you hold the tx..
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:04 AM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post
Thank you for the quick answer sir, I am a little scared to be quite honest. I can do flips and rolls in a simulator but lets see if i can do it for real now. I plan to do this in my backyard where the grass is slightly tall and hope to hit the throttle cut if I get into any troubles. I really love the minicp. Should I go brushless first or start doing soft 3d with the stock brushed motor? I have a 9t pinion on mine, its a pre-production model apparently, so headspeed is slightly higher. Just dont want this little bird to bog down on me. Should I pop in the mini main gear for a little extra pop? Thanks Tom.
You'll be fine. I can barely fly at all and couldn't resist trying to flip and roll mine and it's still not broken.
itsmillertime is online now Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:10 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post

Your welcome, glad to help out.

You should be fine flying over grass. I crash hard on it and I am able to pick the heli up and fly it again. No damage at all, the main gear
didn't even slip down for the last two times I flew to shot video for the review. The key is to hit throttle hold before you crash.
My 50% across MODE - THHLD settings will help minimize damage in a crash and will also help prevent a boom strike.

I would recommend you try 3D with the brush motor first using the Genius CP main gear. Manny is using this setup for his 3D flying
and it works great.

The C05 w/9T is very powerful. The head speed is way up there. Mine is getting almost 1,000 more RPM than the stock brush motor.
The heli is twitchy with the high head speed and the climb out is wicked!
The stock Mini CP is more tame and has plenty of power to do 3D. Only drawback back is flight time. If this is an issue (like it was with me) then you can use the C05 9T with the Genius main gear and throttle it down to 90% max throttle like I did. Or you can use a 7T or 8T pinion for lower head speed.

PM me if you need more help.

I have been busy on Helifreak doing some work over there for them and posting all my setup guides.

Tom
Old Apr 04, 2012, 02:15 AM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
just noticed one of the six "arms" on the main gear cracked. the gear is perfect though, no idea when that happened.. kind of strange for it to break there. the genius gear is much thinner and never happened.

another thing is lately the brushless does not want to start up correctly. i'd have to throttle down then spool back up for it to start spinning.. it would feel like it's stuttering and less power but once i throttle down and back up again it's normal. doesn't happen all the time but occasionally. also motor sometimes won't start up until i move stick up/down twice.. my guess it's the crappy walkera ESC.

edit: my throttle curve is 90%, don't know if that causes problems if it's not at 100% but i increase it to test.. still, the motor not always starting on first throttle up is another issue (sometimes i get the beep but motor won't start turning unless i put throttle down then back up).
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Last edited by scub; Apr 04, 2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 06:32 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
My c05 with walkera esc does that too. Someone said the c05 needs a minimum of 110% i am guessing on that number I cant remember but 110 sounds good. Anyways the c05 needs a minimum of 110% throttle to start. I have to psh throttle up and watch the head pitch up while hearing a whine from the motor but it wont spin. I then have to throttle all the way down then back up to get it spinning. Wow hobbies had said they personally test each motor with the esc they are selling the combo with. That is to make sure they start right away. So I guess if you had a handful of esc's then one should work great. I should also say that it never mattered what my throttle percent was set at. I always had to push up the throttle twice.

Tomz Which batteries are you using with the 9t? I can pull that off my old genius motor. I am scared my 20c batteries wont be up to the task with a 8t and especially the 9t! Maybe i am wrong and I am holding the c05 back using the 7t. I just dont think my batteries are up to par with a 9t.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 07:51 AM
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
I am using both the Hyperion 240 mah 25C battery and Turnigy Nano-tech 300mAh 35C battery which is my preferred battery to use as it gives me the highest head speed and most power.

I don't have any starting problems running my C05 at 90% (50% actual TX setting). Same thing with my mCPX BL. Both helicopters are using plugs also.

Tom
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:17 AM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Tom, do you happen to have any 20c batteries? Just want to know if they will even work with 9t.