Please Michael
your inbox folder is full
moisas is offline Find More Posts by moisas
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:32 AM
Brazil, BA, Feira de Santana
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Mike, my brother,
by the time, I think you've already sent my DragonLink (I'm anxious).
But I need to know the tracking code.
The PayPal transaction ID was: 3V680930NG074924N
I'll be waiting!
Thank you for your attention!
iurisouza is offline Find More Posts by iurisouza
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:59 AM
Brazil, BA, Feira de Santana
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Mike, I received the tracking code this morning!
You had already sent on Monday.
Thank you!
iurisouza is offline Find More Posts by iurisouza
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:52 AM
Gravity is patient............
Joined Mar 2006
1,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayMayDay View Post
From the website:

CALIBRATION: It is advised to calibrate your receiver to your Dragon Link Transmitter when the system is new. This procedure must be done for EACH receiver you have, as the calibration information is stored in each receiver. With the antenna mounted on your Dragon Link transmitter ( Not dummy load ), Hold down the binding button while powering the transmitter on for 7 seconds, first the LED will be RED, hold it down a full 7 seconds until it turns GREEN. Release the button as soon as the LED turns GREEN, and if you have done it correctly, the LED will flash alternating RED and GEEN. Now, Jump the signal pins of Pins 5 and 6 of the Reciever with the antenna DISCONNECTED, and power it on. Let the system run like this for a full 10 minutes. Turn the Transmitter off, Then turn the Receiver off. Remove jumper on RX, it is now exactly calibrated to your transmitter. I recommending doing this procedure when the system is new, and once a year. This is NOT needed, and NOT recommended every time you fly.
You're supposed to use the dummy load on the receiver when calibrating:

From the beta manual on the website:
"Calibration
In this section, we will power up the DragonLink RX and calibrate it to the exact frequency offset of the transmitter. Because no two radio modules have exactly the same transmit properties out of the box, a calibration between the RX and TX is necessary so that the RX is capable of tuning itself to the exact frequency that the transmitter is outputting. The following steps can be used to calibrate the RX to the TX.
1. Connect an antenna to the DragonLink TX (not a dummy load).
2. Connect a dummy load to the DragonLink RX.
3. Press and hold the bind/menu button on the DragonLink TX. While holding it, turn the DragonLink TX on and keep holding the button.
4. Hold down the button for about 10 seconds, or until the LED turns RED
5. The LED should be alternating between RED and GREEN.
6. Start with an unpowered DragonLink RX. Use a jumper wire to connect the signal pins of channels 5 and 6.
7. Connect the DragonLink RX to a power source. Make sure there are no other servos connected to the RX, however if your power source is the BEC part of an ESC, this is fine.
8. Let the system run like this for a full 15 minutes.
9. Remove the jumper and power cycle both the TX and RX.
The calibration procedure is now finished. Calibration should be done once a year, after a major temperature shift, or when the unit is brand new."
billyd60 is offline Find More Posts by billyd60
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:55 AM
Joined Mar 2006
1,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
There is no need for dummy load any more, for any system with the new firmware. We found that they are to easy to loose, and that it was kind of a pain in the ass to deal with them, so we changed the firmware so that they are never required anymore.
Mike,

I just saw your post. The Beta manual says to connect the dummy load to the receiver. So that is no longer required I guess. What do we connect to the receiver when calibrating now? The antenna or nothing?

I would still like the dummy load back to use as a thread protector. Please throw it in with the tx and rx I just sent you for evaluation.

Bill in New Bern, NC.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:02 AM
Joined May 2012
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
Mike,

I just saw your post. The Beta manual says to connect the dummy load to the receiver. So that is no longer required I guess. What do we connect to the receiver when calibrating now? The antenna or nothing?

I would still like the dummy load back to use as a thread protector. Please throw it in with the tx and rx I just sent you for evaluation.

Bill in New Bern, NC.
The dummy load can still increase the accuracy of the calibration, but only by a couple of percent max. It doesn't really matter if you use it or not - the impact on your range is negligible.
Ascended is online now Find More Posts by Ascended
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:03 AM
Joined Mar 2006
1,910 Posts
BTW Mike, I got my upgrades yesterday and thank you.

But I noticed the post office charged you $10.90 to ship it (it was on the postage meter stamp). You only collect $10 for the firmware upgrade. I think you might want to adjust your policy!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:04 AM
Joined May 2012
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helichoper View Post
Yep but its nice to screw on to protect the thread and keep rubbish out when not in use.
It's nice on the TX too if you transport your DL without an antenna. This means you can't accidentally power up the system without an antenna and fry it
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:05 AM
Joined Mar 2006
1,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
The dummy load can still increase the accuracy of the calibration, but only by a couple of percent max. It doesn't really matter if you use it or not - the impact on your range is negligible.
Thanks. What do you connect when calibrating? Nothing, or the antenna (to the rx)?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:07 AM
Joined May 2012
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rushing View Post
Ok got mine working ,Thank god and for all you that helped and to the guy with great video showing how its done. I have one more questoin? I desided to use my specktrum instead of the crappy futaba I have. There are thee wire from DL transmitter in a servo type lead . Brown, red and orange,,yellowish . Brown and red are power? and do i need any thing else but the orange to get ppm from the trainer port on a dx6i?

Thanks again
David
If you are getting power from the battery of the radio, then you only need orange going to the trainer port. If you are using a separate battery - then you'll need a brown/black and red wire going to the battery, and brown/black and orange/white cable going to the trainer port. A Y cable for a servo can be a pretty easy way to get the grounds all connected.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:09 AM
Joined May 2012
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
Thanks. What do you connect when calibrating? Nothing, or the antenna (to the rx)?
Antenna, and put the TX in the other room for extra attenuation. This allows any frequency shift or other bad RF layout on the plane to be calibrated in. I tend to have a heap of carbon in my planes and there is a very slight chance it can mess with the signal tuning.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:12 AM
Joined May 2012
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Oh on a side note I've had a wierd dl rx that locked put about 35ft away and my Tri just fell from about 18 ft up. That sane rx would make all of my servos jitter and would have like a second delay no matter what I moved on the radio. I just chalked it up to be a bad rx. But it's now flying fine in one of my other quads so idk why it was like that. Maybe some kind of interference.
Don't you guys use failsafes?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:17 AM
Joined May 2012
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fariselyas View Post
Where do i get the Shipping details if my Dragonlink is Shipped ?
i ordered it yesterday morning time .. i think its suppose to be shipped already ..

Please update mike .. Thank you
Usually your tracking number will be added into the paypal order - but i can take a day or two for it to show up in there.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:10 PM
also known as ke123
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2007
186 Posts
Mike, have you sent my replacement tx board or not and what is the tracking number? I am the one who was having the problems with the flashing red light that only went away when I touched the switch on the DL. I made a video for you demonstrating the problem. You had me take the thing apart and take pictures for you, and said the board would be in the mail immediately. I have received nothing, I have no tracking number, all I have is a defective new DL V2 that I can't use for the 2 months since I received it. WHAT IS UP? Please, I understand you are busy, but please spare me a minute of your time.
THANKS
krise is online now Find More Posts by krise