SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:59 PM
Joined Dec 2004
221 Posts
Discussion
dehydral problem

hi,

I have run into a problem...after a few repairs to my graupner monsun wing it turns out one wing is slightly higher than the other....any way to counter balance this....i remember the last time it crashed it was banking way too much on one side which one i dont rem. But i guess the side lower must be the one banking more.

any ideas how to fix this?

Cheers!
hamza_b is offline Find More Posts by hamza_b
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2009, 12:10 AM
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamza_b
hi,after a few repairs to my graupner monsun wing it turns out one wing is slightly higher than the other....
How much is the difference?

Post some pics?

EJWash
EJWash1 is offline Find More Posts by EJWash1
Old Aug 27, 2009, 08:38 AM
Joined Dec 2004
221 Posts
ah never mind i fixed it by actually breaking the wing that was higher and and bringing it back on level with the other one seems okay now hope it flys good too.
hamza_b is offline Find More Posts by hamza_b
Old Aug 27, 2009, 09:52 AM
Cromer,Norfolk, UK
Joined Nov 2006
2,505 Posts
Does it still line up with the tail surfaces? Ie, you're sure it was the wing that was out, not the wing seating on the fuselage?
MCarlton is offline Find More Posts by MCarlton
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:20 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
Yes, the easiest way to have fixed this, would have been to shim up the lower wing.
Mode One is offline Find More Posts by Mode One
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:59 AM
Cromer,Norfolk, UK
Joined Nov 2006
2,505 Posts
Quote:
i remember the last time it crashed it was banking way too much on one side which one i dont rem. But i guess the side lower must be the one banking more.
What would actually happen, is that the wing would fly level, and the fuselage and tail would be tilted over, causing the turn. This is precisely what is used in some free flight models to induce a turn instead of trim tabs.

What you need to do now is look at the model head on, and make sure that when the wing tips are propped up by the same amount, the fin is vertical and the stabiliser is horizontal.

You can check this by measuring the distance from the tailplane tip to the floor with the wings propped level, or by squinting at the tailplane from the front and mentally noting where each tip is in relation to the wing.
MCarlton is offline Find More Posts by MCarlton