SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 05, 2015, 05:32 AM
Find More Posts by sweet s
United States, MI, Lapeer
Joined Jan 2014
104 Posts
Discussion
aura 8 vs as3x

so whats the differance between a aura8 and a as3x?
sweet s is offline Find More Posts by sweet s
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2015, 06:05 AM
Find More Posts by Kevin_JaxFl
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2013
222 Posts
A real quick difference is the AS3X has a built in receiver. Where the Aura 8 has to have some sort of RX added to it. ( S-Bus, Satellite RX, or regular multi channel RX) I personally have not used either. I do not use gyro's in planes. Though I have thought about trying one.
Kevin_JaxFl is online now Find More Posts by Kevin_JaxFl
Old Jul 02, 2015, 06:20 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Mixon
Georgia
Joined Mar 2002
1,724 Posts
I wonder if it has a heading hold function. And if it does I wonder if control input on one axis cancels heading hold on the the other 2 axes. This is the way the AS3X system currently works and I find it to be rather limited.
Have not seen any detail about this or much of anything else on the Aura.
Bill Mixon is offline Find More Posts by Bill Mixon
Old Jul 03, 2015, 02:00 AM
Find More Posts by 1101
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_JaxFl View Post
I personally have not used either. I do not use gyro's in planes. Though I have thought about trying one.
I was the same, then I tried a plane with AS3X . I had the same plane without AS3x (both Eflite UMX Extra300's)
It just makes it fly like a much bigger plane, more stable, easier to fly.
The next week I went & bought a AS3Xtra, it was that much better.
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
Old Jul 03, 2015, 08:19 AM
Find More Posts by Bill Mixon
Georgia
Joined Mar 2002
1,724 Posts
In years past I would not have considered using gyros. I learned to hover and torque roll in the late 90's without them.
Today I find myself needing all the help I can get as my skills are not what they used to be.
Another benefit is being able to fly airplanes that would normally be considered unflyable. My AS3X RX is in a plane I built for 3D. When originally flown with a regular RX this model did great at tumbling moves, hanging on the prop, rolling harriers, etc. but you could not fly a straight line with it no matter how good you were as a pilot. With the AS3X it transformed the flying qualities allowing pattern style maneuvers while not sacrificing any acro capabilities.
Bill Mixon is offline Find More Posts by Bill Mixon