SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jul 19, 2013, 08:52 PM
jeffreytsanford
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity). It is temporarily hidden while jeffreytsanford edits it.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:00 AM
Joined Nov 2004
2,037 Posts
Jeeeeezzzeeee......... That's harsh dude!

SUSA does so many great things for our community. "Their" Recommended builder also has a great reputation. I just don't think a post like this is productive in any way shape or form. If they purposely tried to screw you over then it would be deserved. But they could not have the reputation they have if this were the case.

Just my 2 cents........

Harsh dude.....

Kyle
Kyle Paulson is offline Find More Posts by Kyle Paulson
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:13 AM
United States, CA, San Luis Obispo
Joined Aug 2006
1,554 Posts
Talk to Bob and Annette. They are the model for good customer service. They have gone FAR above and beyond in the past and I would be willing to bet they will work with you to resolve your situation.
Avaldes is online now Find More Posts by Avaldes
Old Jul 20, 2013, 01:10 AM
4 wheels move a body; 2 a soul
Saratoga, Ca
Joined Feb 2004
1,462 Posts
So you are unhappy and decide to smoke your plane even more just to capture it on video so you can ream whoever publicly??? Pardon my language as well but WT#%*&.....you model airplane geek!
Walter
glderguy is online now Find More Posts by glderguy
Old Jul 20, 2013, 01:47 AM
Flightcomp.com
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2006
1,664 Posts
Did you just jump the gun and post this up without trying to contact the vendor first? If so, that's not very fair.
ak79 is offline Find More Posts by ak79
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 20, 2013, 02:09 AM
Team USA F3F Member
USA, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Feb 2011
1,117 Posts
Yeah Jeffrey, I don't really think this post was called for.

If you wanted to call Bob and express your unhappiness over the builder, or better yet call the builder, then that's one thing, but publicly making statements like that is just not cool.

Bob and his team have serviced the F3X community for a long time, and they continue to give a lot to provide us with good models.

If you are going to be upset about someone else's build, then maybe you should have done it yourself.

And for gosh sake, if something starts smoking, disconnect everything FAST!
ttraver is offline Find More Posts by ttraver
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2013, 05:42 AM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,690 Posts
Something is fishy here, to purposely film smoking your system and then blame SUSA for smoking it? And to top it off talking about JETI which SUSA doesn't sell? Bob, Annette and Gary are the best, go away, your flaming is baloney!
s2000 is online now Find More Posts by s2000
Old Jul 20, 2013, 06:34 AM
Glider Guider
United States, PA, Harrisburg
Joined Oct 2012
27 Posts
This plane smoke when I first turned it on. That means the builder never even checked the circuit. I use Jeti radio gear and a profi was sent to builder to verify all electronic. Both fuses were screwed up. Let's see you spend $5000.00 of your money and get a pile of junk on your door step. What should have been a bind and fly situation just turned into a freaking night mare just because the builder would not verify is work. Or use a radio that I provided for him. No people this is and was totally uncalled for and I was on the phone with this builder often and could have answered questions if he was unclear of the radio gear. Second he could have used his radio to verify movements also. I am a very busy person and have little time to myself so PAY a premium to a professional builder for his work. And from the response I have gotten this is not the first screw up from this builder...
jeffreytsanford is offline Find More Posts by jeffreytsanford
Old Jul 20, 2013, 06:39 AM
Glider Guider
Joined Oct 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glderguy View Post
So you are unhappy and decide to smoke your plane even more just to capture it on video so you can ream whoever publicly??? Pardon my language as well but WT#%*&.....you model airplane geek!
Walter

Really.. The plane shorted the battery from the first time the switch turned on. nthe video just captured the proof of failure. Your a idiot to think someone would purposely invest that much money and get it and smoke it on purpose. Pea brain..
Old Jul 20, 2013, 07:22 AM
Glider Guider
Joined Oct 2012
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000 View Post
Something is fishy here, to purposely film smoking your system and then blame SUSA for smoking it? And to top it off talking about JETI which SUSA doesn't sell? Bob, Annette and Gary are the best, go away, your flaming is baloney!
So.. You buy a plane from Soaring USA and you have to use everything they sell or it is bad... You assume all the blame is being directed at Soaring USA.. Have I said it was them who built it. IT WAS A PREFERRED BUILDER OF THEIR RECOMMENDATION... A so called professional builder who is supposed to be one of the best they have... And please.. About all the things SUSA has done for the community. You should think of all the things this community has done for them and their people. Pilots have made him successful... If your a professional builder.. Verify your work...
Old Jul 20, 2013, 07:37 AM
registered weapon
United States, MT
Joined Mar 2008
3,262 Posts
My first thought was also " why would you keep video taping when your electronics are smoking?" But after these posts from you I can see that you don't respond too well under pressure. You should speak like a responsible human being and not a spoiled 4 yr old brat... Soaring USA is a company with a great reputation and I'm sure if you had given them a chance to, they would have worked with you. Your just making the situation worse by acting they way you have chosen to.... Grow up dude!
IHAVAWDY is offline Find More Posts by IHAVAWDY
Old Jul 20, 2013, 07:56 AM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,690 Posts
At this point any chance you might have had to fix this situation is most likely history, I would recommend to SUSA to completely ignore you, try calling Obama, maybe he will help.
s2000 is online now Find More Posts by s2000
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:13 AM
Joined Nov 2004
2,037 Posts
I am confident that if you had contacted them in a productive way they would have helped resolve the Situation. Your post is not working to your favor. I would recommend you delete everything you have said and call them Monday.
Kyle Paulson is offline Find More Posts by Kyle Paulson
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:15 AM
Flying = Falling (Slowly)
Tulsa, OK
Joined May 2004
2,616 Posts
It would be useful to know if and how Jeff communicated with Soaring USA on this and how they responded.

On the other hand, some of the posts here that mock him for his displeasure are at least as uncalled for as anything he said.

If I spent thousands of dollars on a plane, waited patiently for it and paid to have someone make it work, I would be way beyond sorely vexed. I finish my own models, but if I paid someone to do it I would have a reasonable expectation that the work would be done in a workmanlike manner and would function when the plane was delivered. The problems he described are not "minor details". And besides the time that it might take to fix the problems, having to tear things up on a new (and very expensive) model is really inexcusable.

I like Soaring USA. I have had nothing but great experiences with them. I assume they will do the right thing -- whatever that is.

And I will continue to assemble my own planes with a better understanding that sometime the expert assemblers are no better than me.

Happy Landings,

Don
dharban is online now Find More Posts by dharban
Old Jul 20, 2013, 10:38 AM
Flightcomp.com
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2006
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharban View Post
It would be useful to know if and how Jeff communicated with Soaring USA on this and how they responded.

On the other hand, some of the posts here that mock him for his displeasure are at least as uncalled for as anything he said.

If I spent thousands of dollars on a plane, waited patiently for it and paid to have someone make it work, I would be way beyond sorely vexed. I finish my own models, but if I paid someone to do it I would have a reasonable expectation that the work would be done in a workmanlike manner and would function when the plane was delivered. The problems he described are not "minor details". And besides the time that it might take to fix the problems, having to tear things up on a new (and very expensive) model is really inexcusable.

I like Soaring USA. I have had nothing but great experiences with them. I assume they will do the right thing -- whatever that is.

And I will continue to assemble my own planes with a better understanding that sometime the expert assemblers are no better than me.

Happy Landings,

Don
Agree, people calling the original poster names and mocking him is totally totally uncalled for. As the man stated he just shelled out a load of money and I can understand why he is upset. However i am sure the folks over at SUSA would have done everything they could to make the situation right.
ak79 is offline Find More Posts by ak79
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread